R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-01-2006, 03:26 AM   #2761
Tech Apprentice

Hi Mike,

I always use more caster angle (more clips at front) for more steering at apex & corner exit, I dont think it makes as much difference going into the corner.....

NiMo's lack of steering would have been cured by simply having 2mm clips behind wishbone, nothing to do with speedshot system, the geometry is the same.

The track had no grip either, there is no point in setting a car up for that.....My car had a little understeer, but I was quite happy, as on another day with some grip the car would be very good !!!

Can you send some sun over please !!!!!
muppet racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 06:01 AM   #2762
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hey Daz, thanks for that. I have also found that more clips in front can calm down the turn in a fraction as well. But as always it's a compromise with what you get after the apex as you say.

Our last race meeting of the season is this weekend. I think the forecast is for sunshine and 31C. Sunday will be sunny and 29C. I guess to make it an even more perfect weekend, the aussies will be on top in the cricket again!

Cheers,

Mike.
www.nbhc.com.au - www.teamxray.com
Z00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 06:10 AM   #2763
Tech Fanatic

Default G4 clutch shoe

look at the dario's G4S in europe champion. (attached photo)

clutch shoe color is brown..

i think it is serpent 710/720's shoe.

But i compared G4S shoe with serpent shoe.

it is some different in hole position.

if you know this modification info.. pls advice.. ^^
Attached Thumbnails
Team Magic G4-champion1.jpg  
gansei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 08:23 AM   #2764
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z00M
I always thought (and is my experience at the track) that moving the top arm back (increasing the caster - more clips in front) would reduce the turn in? I'm just wondering why Nimo had better turn in after moving the arm back (clips in front)?

I am I correct in assuming that the damp + 100K front diff had a lot more to do with the lost steering than the new front brace?

Cheers,

Mike.
I always ran with minimum castor as I felt I wanted the steering direction change a little quicker through the chicane, but it looks like I was compensating for the front end, now with the speedshot the front end is more rigid so now has the direction change I originally wanted so now I can run more castor to give more steering out of the corner.
so speedshot gives more turn in and more power on steering, in fact I have more turn in than I need with a 2mm castor clip so I can go for more castor if I want it, but still not sure why it didn't like less than 2mm castor.
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 08:39 AM   #2765
Tech Elite

Default Dario's Car..............

It also looks like the rear end is partly 710/720 or Kyosho.
Look at the Anti-role bar (sway bar)
Not standard/stock G4 equipment...??!

It's a shame when we have to "Bastardize" a car in order to have a better chance of winning.(In the drivers eyes anyhow)
With parts from another make of car.

If another method or mechanical system is better then let's get TM to manufacture the G4s with that system in place. And even improve on it.
Let us not just blatenly take parts from one make and use them on another. Not at that level of driver/racing.

For the likes of us 'Menials' on the ground floor, putting a few odd parts on our cars is not going to propel us onto the world stage.

How would it be taken if Renault made a car, most of the parts on it.
Then as Americans in the stands cheered as their beloved Chevy wins NASCAR, they find the car was the Renault..... made in France.
What car won the Championship?........Chevy or Renault?

My little dig.......... may not mean much to anybody else. But it means enough to me to say something!!
All I'm saying is, in top flight racing. Keep the cars 'manufactually' clean.

With all due respect,
The Menace
British Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 10:09 AM   #2766
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Menace

It's a shame when we have to "Bastardize" a car in order to have a better chance of winning.(In the drivers eyes anyhow)

If another method or mechanical system is better then let's get TM to manufacture the G4s with that system in place. And even improve on it.
Let us not just blatenly take parts from one make and use them on another. Not at that level of driver/racing.

For the likes of us 'Menials' on the ground floor, putting a few odd parts on our cars is not going to propel us onto the world stage.

Then as Americans in the stands cheered as their beloved Chevy wins NASCAR, they find the car was the Renault..... made in France.

My little dig.......... may not mean much to anybody else. But it means enough to me to say something!!

With all due respect,
The Menace
I can totally see where you're coming from and agree to a certain extent.

However, if you posess the skill to understand that a certain part is going to perform better, regardless of manufacturer... and you can install it with enough precision to utilize it, shouldn't we be offering 'props' instead of 'poops?'

I am fairly new to this sport, so I guess I don't have a lot of the same ideals as most of the 'old schoolers' but this just seems like damn good modification skills to me.

What do the rules and regulations say about multiple manufacturers parts, if anything?
schufflerbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 11:27 AM   #2767
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Menace

With all due respect,
The Menace
Let me just clear this up for some of you... The parts you see on Dario's car are most likely Kyosho parts... The Kyosho and G4 have parts that can be shared... Look back on the Mongoose/G4 thread and you'll find at least 15 or more parts that can be shared between the two chassic's... If G4'S owners are in need of a front steering hub, you can use the Kyosho's RRR... If you don't like the UFO clutch... You can use not the Kyosho, but the Serpent 710/720 clutch... I'm using, as a matter a fact the UFO clutch on my 720 with my REX LR3 practice motor and the stock clutch with my Sirio STI... When I had a mod'd Mugen bell crank steering system in my G4 almost 2-1/2 years ago, did that make my G4 a Mugen??? No... Getting back to shared parts... Dario's G4 is still a G4S... Everyone adds a little something to make there cars better and if it means swapping an arm or rear sway bar or whatever from brand b or c... So be it... This is what it is... A hobby. .02

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 11:42 AM   #2768
Tech Fanatic

Nice to see you back reading the threads Motorman... What do you have plan for the future??? ie... Car, company, motor mod's ect... Good luck and take care...

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 01:43 PM   #2769
Tech Elite

Motorman was around and he didnt say hi
Hey motorman ,pop in and let us know hows things going.
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 05:22 PM   #2770
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Faster Caster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z00M
I always thought (and is my experience at the track) that moving the top arm back (increasing the caster - more clips in front) would reduce the turn in? I'm just wondering why Nimo had better turn in after moving the arm back (clips in front)?

I am I correct in assuming that the damp + 100K front diff had a lot more to do with the lost steering than the new front brace?

Cheers,

Mike.
H Mike
I agree with Darren with the caster bizzo, infact 95% of the time I run full caster the car loves it very corner hugging, doesnt seem to lag initial. Even in high traction Moorebank with heavy VHT full caster At the Winter nationals got down to 18.1 Quickest lap only .2 off track record.

Hi Darren, hows racing It was pointed out to me by a Team magic racer that in the photos of the euros the front top brace of your car was not bolted down to the top plate, is this just the angle of the photo or a nother reason.

On another note There is a great article in The December edition of Australian Wheels Magazine regarding the 200mm worlds with a great photo of Steven holding your car the start of a race. Not sure if this is available in England.

Mike You should think about coming over for the Summer Nationals it will be a good event. Ari Bacla is also dead keen to get his G4 Out for this event. It Would good to get a few more G4Ss Pumping at these events.
Its only a one dayer With Nitros on Saturday, It would be good to see ya.

Cheers
Alex.K
kickass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 10:31 PM   #2771
Tech Elite

Yes, for most of us it is a hobby. But when you get paid to play. It ceases to be a hobby.
When you are driving for a manufacturer........it ceases to be a hobby.
When your income is non other than driving a r/c car.....it is not a hobby....It's a job !
I'm not saying that Dario is one of these, but there are people who are in this catagory.
I believe it to be even false advertizing if a driver who is driving for company A, uses company B's parts. Then when that person wins, they say that company A's car won ???
It's just a personal gripe I have.

I love the G4s. I know Mugan, Serpent and Kyosho parts fit. They always have done since TM brought out the G4, infact when they brought out the Reflex ! I have Other company's parts on my car. Because it is, as you say, a hobby.

I shall drop this now, cause the whole subject irritates me. Sorry, hope I have not offended anyone.

Menace.
British Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 10:49 PM   #2772
Tech Regular

does anyone have a link or info on the g4s rtr? i need a new car for the pullstart rtr class. i have looked on the team magic web site but theres not any real info or pics there.
moot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 11:26 PM   #2773
Tech Elite

Heres a link to the G4S RTR ,note though that its not a pull start engine.

http://www.teammagic.com.tw/en/profr...2080&pageNum=1
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 02:32 AM   #2774
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickass
H Mike
I agree with Darren with the caster bizzo, infact 95% of the time I run full caster the car loves it very corner hugging, doesnt seem to lag initial. Even in high traction Moorebank with heavy VHT full caster At the Winter nationals got down to 18.1 Quickest lap only .2 off track record.

Hi Darren, hows racing It was pointed out to me by a Team magic racer that in the photos of the euros the front top brace of your car was not bolted down to the top plate, is this just the angle of the photo or a nother reason.

On another note There is a great article in The December edition of Australian Wheels Magazine regarding the 200mm worlds with a great photo of Steven holding your car the start of a race. Not sure if this is available in England.

Mike You should think about coming over for the Summer Nationals it will be a good event. Ari Bacla is also dead keen to get his G4 Out for this event. It Would good to get a few more G4Ss Pumping at these events.
Its only a one dayer With Nitros on Saturday, It would be good to see ya.

Cheers
Alex.K
Hey Alex,

I would dearly love to be racing interstate. It is a dream of mine to go and try and compete. Due to motor issues when you guys came for the nationals I wasn't able to do anything at all.

I am getting married in March and am coming to NSW to see the folks after that. I'm not sure if this lines up with any race meeting but it would be good if it does. When I get the exact date I'll ask you if there's anything on.

On a side note, today was the first day of qualifying for our clubs championship. I finally managed to fix my radio glitching problem and without a chance to test the car before the last round of qualifying, I managed to be on top at the end of the day. Mind you, the turnout was a little thin compared to what it should be tomorrow.

Cheers,

Mike.
www.nbhc.com.au - www.teamxray.com
Z00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 01:58 PM   #2775
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I don't think the the G4S RTR will take a pull start motor? Could be wrong though!
CDS70 is offline   Reply With Quote