R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-16-2006, 03:52 PM   #2596
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I removed the antenna holder and put the antenna tube in its place. It seems to have helped a lot. I got one glitch between an hour of it being on. The glitch was not as bad as before because i didnt lose complete control over the servos. I might try making the hole bigger and using fuel tube as the antenna tube holder.
I should have posted on here a long time ago but i just delt with the problem since it didnt happen all the time.

Thanks for all the tips and keep them coming. I will try anything until this problem is totally gone.
nitrobeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 05:34 PM   #2597
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to uniquexme Send a message via Yahoo to uniquexme Send a message via Skype™ to uniquexme

well, i must say that TM battery pack is not soldered properly, few of my frenz batteries, including mine, with cable and solder came off. Mine was the 1st, so i bought a new battery, then discovered that one of the metal plate came off. so guys, if u have any problem with ur car, just check the battery 1st. also the thin layer of plastic around the battery tend to get thorn apart. but heh, i discovered that the battery is printed with 850mah, hahaa... anyway, m now using GP1000, it really last much more longer than the stock ones.
uniquexme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 05:39 PM   #2598
Tech Fanatic

Default thanks..

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiMo
I'm running 100,000wt front and 30,000wt rear, otherwise the car will move badly under heavy braking.
Your diff oils are the weights I used in my shaft driven FW05, but belt cars need stiffer diffs.
But then again, it is all down to personal choice.

thanks for your reply...

i will try front diff at highway circuit in this weekend.

Darios's G4 setup is attatched in IFMAR

Dario also used front diff. (front 50000/rear 40000)

thanks..
Attached Thumbnails
Team Magic G4-g4ifmar.jpg  
gansei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 06:07 PM   #2599
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I dont dought that the packs might not be good but i am using a different pack that i know is good and it was still doing it.

Im gonna open this pack and check it out.

I have not seen the 1000. Do you have a part #?
nitrobeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 06:16 PM   #2600
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrobeast
I removed the antenna holder and put the antenna tube in its place. It seems to have helped a lot. I got one glitch between an hour of it being on. The glitch was not as bad as before because i didnt lose complete control over the servos. I might try making the hole bigger and using fuel tube as the antenna tube holder.
I should have posted on here a long time ago but i just delt with the problem since it didnt happen all the time.

Thanks for all the tips and keep them coming. I will try anything until this problem is totally gone.
Put 1mm plastic shim between the antenna holder (alum) and the upperdeck (carbon graphite) it should clears some minor glitch. If you still having glitch on full throttle, do not overtight the receiver mount and make sure it has some play (not too stiff)
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 11:12 PM   #2601
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to uniquexme Send a message via Yahoo to uniquexme Send a message via Skype™ to uniquexme

my frenz at track now, he has mod the spektrum pro series rx upside down, using digital futaba servo, and 3pk. problem still existed. at the main straight just after a corner, it tend to let go of the throttle for a second, then full throttle again. i have read the post above saying spektrum rx not advisable to use digital servo, is it true? is there anything can he can do?
Old 11-16-2006, 11:48 PM   #2602
Tech Fanatic

Default Confussion about front diff?????????

Sorry for this possibly stupid question, but I just bought this car a few weeks ago and don't see and haven't seen any signs of a front diff in which you can add fluid...Like my Serpent 720 definately has a front and rear diff. I bought the ED tranny for my G4S, and just like the stock set up.. it is either solid or one way axle. Is their something I'm missing guys? I honestly don't even see any room for a differential up front. Please enlighten me. Anyone. Thank you.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:59 PM   #2603
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentd
Sorry for this possibly stupid question, but I just bought this car a few weeks ago and don't see and haven't seen any signs of a front diff in which you can add fluid...Like my Serpent 720 definately has a front and rear diff. I bought the ED tranny for my G4S, and just like the stock set up.. it is either solid or one way axle. Is their something I'm missing guys? I honestly don't even see any room for a differential up front. Please enlighten me. Anyone. Thank you.
there is nothing missing, G4S don't come with any part for making a front diff. you have to get all the part seperately
Old 11-17-2006, 12:14 AM   #2604
Tech Fanatic

So, if I built a front diff, can it be compatible with the ED tranny? That has a small 30 tooth gear up front, even the stock pulley is only 32T I think, or would I need to use the original pulley and gear set up? Then, for me to "build" a front diff, do I use all the same parts as the rear diff uses minus the large pulley (47 tooth) or what ever it is? How do I build a front diff I guess is my question. Thank you.
Old 11-17-2006, 12:50 AM   #2605
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

there are 30t diff pulley from TM, just I am not sure anyone has that, ask Sam if Raceday has it
Old 11-17-2006, 12:54 AM   #2606
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Breaker
there are 30t diff pulley from TM, just I am not sure anyone has that, ask Sam if Raceday has it
I will, Thank you. Hey Car Breaker...are you selling your G4S? If you are can you give me some info about it. You can either email me or PM me, I would be interested in possibly getting a 2nd car. Thanks for your help tonight.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:00 AM   #2607
Tech Fanatic

but y would you want to change the 1-way? its really nice racing with 1-way. bro, try out with the ED on ur G4S 1st, u will love it.
Old 11-17-2006, 05:00 AM   #2608
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniquexme
but y would you want to change the 1-way? its really nice racing with 1-way. bro, try out with the ED on ur G4S 1st, u will love it.
Dude, I don't know why I would want to change it. I haven't even driven the car...I'm new to sedan (I've been racing the 1/8 scale Slide for 5 years or so) and onroad nitro 1/8th scale for about 8 total. I raced the 235 mm class but it's dead and I enjoy racing 2 classes. I just raced a Serpent 720 for the first time in Vegas at the Paris Memorial a few weeks back and had only bought and threw the car together a week before the race. I guess since it has 2 diffs, that's what I am going on. NO experience in this sedan class, but I love it. So you are right, I will use your advice and go from there. Thanks for mellowing me out. My mind just goes into overdrive sometimes and I cant stop it. Thank you very much for the advice Bro!!!!
Old 11-17-2006, 05:13 AM   #2609
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentd
Dude, I don't know why I would want to change it. I haven't even driven the car...I'm new to sedan (I've been racing the 1/8 scale Slide for 5 years or so) and onroad nitro 1/8th scale for about 8 total. I raced the 235 mm class but it's dead and I enjoy racing 2 classes. I just raced a Serpent 720 for the first time in Vegas at the Paris Memorial a few weeks back and had only bought and threw the car together a week before the race. I guess since it has 2 diffs, that's what I am going on. NO experience in this sedan class, but I love it. So you are right, I will use your advice and go from there. Thanks for mellowing me out. My mind just goes into overdrive sometimes and I cant stop it. Thank you very much for the advice Bro!!!!
Serpentd:

How do you find your S720 compared to the G4S you have? Serpent have obviously been around alot longer then TM and would think the quality of the 720 would be a step or so above the G4S, but am curious to hear what you think....

BB
Old 11-17-2006, 07:04 AM   #2610
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hey BB, Curiosity Killed The Cat. LOL its your choice, just remember if you want to sell a roller with out trans im interested, bent chasis and all.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote