R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-01-2006, 06:48 AM   #2506
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrevolution
http://www.teamtrinity.com/team_magi...4stouring.html

$469!!!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS

G4S'er you are the owner or the one affiliated with race day hobbies correct?

did you ever have to pay or price your g4s anywhere near that amount?

Also when you run out of your current stock will you start getting products from trinity or stop carrying tm products?

and if you will still carry tm can you manage your current prices when the distributor is charging that much?

We US TM users are gonna loose most of our stores which carry TM parts
England Recommended Retail Price for G4S
279.99 GBP ($534.249 USD)
So you're still getting a bargain
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 09:10 AM   #2507
Tech Adept

Our G4S kits are always priced at $375.00. We have them in stock all the time. The RTR's are $379.95.

Yes I am affiliated with Raceday Hobbies.

Our regular stock on Team Magic and variety of their products keeps growing all the time. We pack within 24 to 48 hours and ship priority mail. We are very proud to offer, deliver, and race these find products. Yes we have other companies, however we look at ourselves as a Team Magic Store.

We have our source to obtain Team Magic products set and will not change for a long time in the future.

Tower who???

Please PM with other questions, wish to leave this thread to the great questions and answers we get here. I learn a lot from you guys here I pass on to my customers. Also learn a lot from my customers I pass on to here. It is great to have a forum where everyone wants to help the other racer.

SamF

Quote:
http://www.teamtrinity.com/team_magi...4stouring.html

$469!!!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS

G4S'er you are the owner or the one affiliated with race day hobbies correct?

did you ever have to pay or price your g4s anywhere near that amount?

Also when you run out of your current stock will you start getting products from trinity or stop carrying tm products?

and if you will still carry tm can you manage your current prices when the distributor is charging that much?

We US TM users are gonna loose most of our stores which carry TM parts
G4S'er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 09:14 AM   #2508
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rcrevolution

I knew it!

I had a feeling that now that trinity had tm again towers would carry it, I hope they carry parts too all the parts.

Sam, I wanted to know do you think you will still have the g4s kit and your rtr version with the ZX12 and VR12 pipe in march still?

thats when im planing to buy one
rcrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 09:48 AM   #2509
Tech Master

Hi, this is way off topic but I am just too curious.

What happened to the Team Magic 1/8th Shock On-road? did they stop selling them/making them?

I saw a few places that had them but no well known site has it and neither does Team Magic.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:32 AM   #2510
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Hi, this is way off topic but I am just too curious.

What happened to the Team Magic 1/8th Shock On-road? did they stop selling them/making them?

I saw a few places that had them but no well known site has it and neither does Team Magic.
they were discontinued long ago, it was aimed for entry level 1/8 like PRP XR-8, but has little success.

who know they might come out a "PRO" level 1/8 on-road some day
Old 11-01-2006, 10:53 AM   #2511
Tech Elite

1/8 Shock is discontinued but there is a car in the pipeline but first they will release M1 buggy and the E4 electric chassis.
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 11:55 AM   #2512
Tech Master

i want a 1/8th badly but I don't want to go all out with a mrx-4 or 960 and spend alot of money, if Team Magic released a 1/8th I would buy it because I know their g4s is bad ass and they introduce revolutionary ideas that work.

and now that trinity is carrying team magic and tower hobbies is also stock g4s things so i'm sure they would carry the new 1/8th.

Now I'm not trying to make Phoenix distribution look bad but you have to admit,the whole tower hobbies /great planes deal is more widely known than Phoenix, so even though I liked Phoenix better because they interacted with the consumer, if trinity produces cheap prices and full parts support and tower hobbies carries, this method might help out team magic a bit more getting known in the states.

right now tower hobbies has the G4S priced at $389 which is not much more then the cheapest place I have found which is race day (don't worry Sam I will buy from you if I go with the G4S ), if spare parts are considerably cheap as well then I will stick with TM and use race day and towers as my parts sources.

who knows if towers helps team magic get more popular it might lead to more 3rd party companies making parts for tm cars and lower prices for all.

I honestly think this is a situation worth watching, TM might not be out for the count in the states yet.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:02 AM   #2513
Tech Adept

Quote:
I knew it!

I had a feeling that now that trinity had tm again towers would carry it, I hope they carry parts too all the parts.

Sam, I wanted to know do you think you will still have the g4s kit and your rtr version with the ZX12 and VR12 pipe in march still thats when im planing to buy one
I am sure we will. The ZX.12 will be the DSII version and so I will need a sales price to help me out!! But I will work something out I am sure
Old 11-02-2006, 08:25 AM   #2514
Tech Master

as long as you still have the kit and a decent engine with it i will be happy.

I really want the .12tz 3-port eb modded or carlson modded but you offer a rtr package which saves me time in searching for a pipe and set of tires
Old 11-02-2006, 12:41 PM   #2515
Tech Master

Tower hobby ?, they didn't have the car nor the parts yet
the last time Trinity distribute the car, it is sold on Tower with 0 parts support

hope they don't repeat the same mistake
Old 11-03-2006, 11:48 AM   #2516
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

If you want a hot factory moded motor I would suggest you go with the Mega MF MasMo or Sirio STI, they are buit much better than the OS with tigher tolerances. OS makes a good motor for the price but their material quality & fit is no where near that of Novarossi or Sirio.

Mark
mtveten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 07:08 PM   #2517
Tech Master

nova rossi I can believe you on, but not sirio, I hear nothing but bad things about them
Old 11-05-2006, 09:22 AM   #2518
Tech Adept

I just wanted to report that I put the Flash Pit quick release tire system on my car the other day. It is really cool. Tires go on and off the hubs in a "Flash" . A couple of good things about the system:

The system gives you the opportunity to easily take off your tires when working on car in the pits as well as a quick change on the track. So no more truing rears bigger so you have a good handling car somewhere in the middle of the main. Just make a tire change in the middle and have a good handling car throughout the main!

Rears now will have universals with this system

Rear hub carrier and rear upper link form new roll center adjustment similar to 1/8th scale cars, with spacers. Very solid, great way of doing the RC adjustments. There is a insert available that allows you to use the new hub carriers with the stock axles. So you can simply change over with the purchase of the hub carriers, upper link, and insert.

Black rim tires for the quick release system come in resealable foil bag. This ensures freshness to you and you can keep them fresh between races. All normal shores available.

Truer arbors are available for the new tires. Setup tools also.

Some parts are still in packaging but all should be ready to go very soon.

For the guys that always like to bring out the negatives about something new... and you know who you are !!! Let me say you don't need this system! ( other than maybe the new rear carriers ) But it is really well done and for the racers that like something different this is it. Who else but you have it? For the top racers that want the extra edge in long mains, Team Magic has given it to you! Hmmmmmmm did Icover it all

Special Note: Congradulations to Patto in Australia ( Casaval Racing Team ). He took a 2nd place in the A main even with a stop and go penalty!

SamF
Old 11-05-2006, 09:24 AM   #2519
Tech Master

Sounds good, show us picture of your car
Old 11-05-2006, 09:41 AM   #2520
Tech Elite

Sam thats good news ,my stock arrives tomorrow ,pity there is only 1 club meet left for the season.Well on to 2007 !!!
Great to know that there is positive feed back on the system.
Only hassle is tyres is a bit pricey ,will look at stocking donuts for guys keeping there rims.
The rear uprights with the adjustable roll centre on thier own will be a great upgrade.
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote