R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-16-2006, 08:42 AM   #2416
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rcrevolution

charles that could be MSRP

if its what they are are actually selling for that though good bye TM they will go bankrupt
rcrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 08:47 AM   #2417
Tech Master

guys here is proof of TM demise, look at the mentally challeneged or RETARDED distributor they pickup now is.

http://store.teamtrinity.com/Merchan...ct_Code=502066

G4S 1/8th Buggy $625, oh boy,,,,, good luck TM I give you 6 months before you are begging for coins on the streets
Old 10-16-2006, 09:47 AM   #2418
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default thrust bearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
I am going to set the new kfactory 2 speed cam and a new 3 racing two speed one way bearing gizmo.

I have been playing around with the clutch tonight, does anyone know which washer goes in first on the thrust bearing, is it the 5.2 or 5mm? The instructions are shit when they tried to explain this:S

G4S'R:

I have been using the Serpent one way lube

BB
Bundy the bearing race with 5.2mm ID is the first to go in.

Sorry Itchy, I missed your reply......
royfan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:48 PM   #2419
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Motorman,G4s 1/8 buggy 625.99
D-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:54 PM   #2420
Tech Master

Dude I don't know what to say. I have no opinion.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:24 PM   #2421
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Gee it sounds like the new dealer cost is going to be higher than the current street price, way to go Ernie.

Any idea how the Big T is going to justify a $50-75 hike in the kit's street price or is the G4 supposed to be loss leader for the hobby shops?

Mark
mtveten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 06:03 PM   #2422
Tech Regular

Man, they are ruining a good thing in record time. I was forced to deal with Trinity in the past for my buggy engines when they were the USA distributors for Novarossi. Luckily w/Nova you can go Rex or Top through another distributor for most parts.

I was getting ready to buy the Ed tranny, and Motorman suggested 2 speed parts to the tune of $150 or so. Now I'm putting a hold on any further investment in Team Magic goods until I see or hear something from Raceday/Winners Circle or other supplier letting me/us know that everything ok on the TM/Trinity front. If Trinity raises the dealer prices, they have no choice but to pass the raise on. If the TM merchandise is no longer profitable to the dealer, and affordable/desirable to the hobbiest, dealers will drop the TM product line leaving Trinity and their "retail" pricing as the only way to get parts.

Been there, done that. Won't happen again
Old 10-16-2006, 11:55 PM   #2423
Tech Master

this hobby is expensive as it is, we dont need price hikes that send prices through the roof.

$625 is th eprice of raceday's rtr g4s!

and for $625 i can buy a MRX-4 and run that
Old 10-17-2006, 01:31 AM   #2424
Tech Fanatic

I'm already confused, or should I say that Trinity is confused. They are showing the G4S as an 1/8 scale buggy????? Maybe I should email them and let them know that's actually a touring car. Oh, and it's only a 10th scale. While I'm at it I will tell them the price is about 300 bucks too much!! Can you say head firmly planted up the butt? They really shouldn't let the secretary there input this fairly simple yet important info.
Old 10-17-2006, 02:36 AM   #2425
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

maybe trinity think that there is enough ride hight to run in off road
seems to be a cockup somewhere, if thats the g4s price then they cocked up bigtime
way to go Ernie
Old 10-17-2006, 10:22 AM   #2426
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by royfan33
Man, they are ruining a good thing in record time. I was forced to deal with Trinity in the past for my buggy engines when they were the USA distributors for Novarossi. Luckily w/Nova you can go Rex or Top through another distributor for most parts.

I was getting ready to buy the Ed tranny, and Motorman suggested 2 speed parts to the tune of $150 or so. Now I'm putting a hold on any further investment in Team Magic goods until I see or hear something from Raceday/Winners Circle or other supplier letting me/us know that everything ok on the TM/Trinity front. If Trinity raises the dealer prices, they have no choice but to pass the raise on. If the TM merchandise is no longer profitable to the dealer, and affordable/desirable to the hobbiest, dealers will drop the TM product line leaving Trinity and their "retail" pricing as the only way to get parts.

Been there, done that. Won't happen again
Raceday Hobbies is "not" giving up on Team Magic/K Factory and most definitely not raising prices. Actually if you look our website you will notice many items have been reduced. This is due to lower pricing to us and we are passing this savings on to our customers.

Team Magic as a company, the G4S as a car, and future cars/buggys coming out including the M1, shows the creativity and future growth of this company.

Any changes in distribution TM products has "not" affected Raceday Hobbies! We can and will support all of our customers today, tomorrow, and for as long as you guys want us !

I will be at the Paris race in Las Vegas, please stop by for those there and say hi. I am in the masters class, you can spot us because we are the guys taking the elevator to the top of the drivers stand.

SamF
G4S'er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 10:27 AM   #2427
Tech Elite

A few years ago, I imported Rossi engines(not exclusive). After Trinity became the exclusive importer, dealer cost was greater than the retail price I was asking. Knowing they were getting a better price than little ole' me, it was irritating, to say the least.
Looks like a similar situation has arrisen.
duneland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 10:42 AM   #2428
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

http://store.teamtrinity.com/Merchan...egory_Code=TMC

1100 bucks for the M1 buggy?! *thud* Looks like Trinity is screwing themselves in the butt...
tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 11:10 AM   #2429
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by G4S'er
Raceday Hobbies is "not" giving up on Team Magic/K Factory and most definitely not raising prices. Actually if you look our website you will notice many items have been reduced. This is due to lower pricing to us and we are passing this savings on to our customers.

Team Magic as a company, the G4S as a car, and future cars/buggys coming out including the M1, shows the creativity and future growth of this company.

Any changes in distribution TM products has "not" affected Raceday Hobbies! We can and will support all of our customers today, tomorrow, and for as long as you guys want us !

I will be at the Paris race in Las Vegas, please stop by for those there and say hi. I am in the masters class, you can spot us because we are the guys taking the elevator to the top of the drivers stand.

SamF
Thanks for the reply. I am really enjoying the G4S as my first onroad car. Just paranoid about the change. Have fun at the Paris race. I'm envious
Gary
Old 10-17-2006, 12:34 PM   #2430
Tech Fanatic

I just bought the G4S right before all these changes. I am very stoked to hear that Raceday is still in the game. This apears to be a killer car, and I would really like the chance to try this car out. I will be looking for you SamF at the Paris race this week. It should be a killer time!