R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-05-2006, 01:53 AM   #2281
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Breaker
Sorry we're off topic

now, lets talk about the G4S, besides Daz and those in the worlds, has anyone got their hands on the ED transmission yet ? please detail your thoughs if you have any ("Good" is never an appropriate answer)
this sound like a good time for you Alex k, to jump in here with your feedback on this trans, so dont keep us in suspence
Old 10-05-2006, 05:11 AM   #2282
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z00M
I would like to think this thread is not going to continue to become the Raceday Hobbies thread. There are many, many places on the net that sell the same stuff Sam does with excellent service.

I think there is a commercial threads section on this forum for businesses like Sam's to conduct this kind of conversation.

Personally I would like to see the thread return to being about the car and not about Raceday Hobbies.

Cheers,

Mike.
ZOOM:

Take a chill pill and have a lie down dude... If us as G4S owners can't assist others with there purchase to make sure they looked after and have a good experience then i don't know what the World has come too.

And i do try to support other stores that stock TM products, i emailed one on Monday to find out if they had something in stock and to get a price... As yet i am still waiting for a response, Raceday would have had it in the mail by now

BB
Old 10-05-2006, 06:35 AM   #2283
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rcrevolution

bundy bear how are those ZX.12 engines?

I have seen a couple never running though, I dont really like how they look but are they fast?
rcrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 06:44 AM   #2284
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I think you're the one that needs to relax. The recommendations were fine about where you guys got the best deal or whatever. The only thing was when there were questions about shipping and what parts he had in stock and those sorts of things that other shops have their own threads in the 'Company Forums'. Why are there company forums? because it's part of the forum guidelines.

Anyhow, back to the G4S,s.

Cheers,

Mike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
ZOOM:

Take a chill pill and have a lie down dude... If us as G4S owners can't assist others with there purchase to make sure they looked after and have a good experience then i don't know what the World has come too.

And i do try to support other stores that stock TM products, i emailed one on Monday to find out if they had something in stock and to get a price... As yet i am still waiting for a response, Raceday would have had it in the mail by now

BB
www.nbhc.com.au - www.teamxray.com
Z00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 06:47 AM   #2285
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrevolution
bundy bear how are those ZX.12 engines?

I have seen a couple never running though, I dont really like how they look but are they fast?
Rcrevolution:

The ZX12 has been an interesting challenge so far, it has great power and idles for ages. It was also a dream to run in and not overtight like STS have been in the past that in have run. However, it developed a leak from around the carby area on the third tank an i have sealed around the carb were it connects to the crank case with high temp siliconne sealent and around the carby bolt as well. This has stopped the leak and it ran fine during my three qualifing heat last Sunday on its first hit out. The final was a different story though, after the first pit stop it decided to stall on me a total of three times. It has been leaving a nice oil trail up the side of the body, so idon't believe it to be tune related.... I have installed a STS carb on to it tonight and i plan to give that a crack at out next meet in a fortnight and i hope this will solve the issues i have been having.

Sorry for the long reply, but i wanted to try and explain it

Hope this helps, and i will let you know how i go with it

BB
Old 10-05-2006, 07:11 AM   #2286
Tech Master

I was looking into a high end NovaRossi or OS Speed, I'll prob still with either of those two
Old 10-05-2006, 12:37 PM   #2287
Tech Adept

RCRevolution, the perimeter kit parts did fit all the g4 cars. However the perimeter kit was a US only set and has since been discontinued.

The new ED transmission will not take a racer like myself ( who is old now! Ugh!) and make me a world class driver. Will it make me go faster? Sure more practice will make me go faster, but will the transmission? There are some obvious points to the transmission that will make one go faster, the low 1st gear ratio is a big difference for those who looked at it closely. So if I turn in properly, hit the gas at the right time, I will go faster on that turn. Will I be in the same position in the next turn, probably not but I will remember the good fast turn I did!!

Kinda like golf, If you want the more expensive clubs you buy them, yep someone with a cheaper set may out score you, but your not playing for big dollars against Tiger Woods anyway, so play with what you want! RC Racing is a hobby guys... Enjoy it and play with what you want!

My Motto ... I may be slow... but my car looks damn good! LOL

my 2 cents
G4S'er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 01:51 PM   #2288
Tech Master

discontinued! why!

that was a good way to get all the parts that do break in a nice little package, are they gonna release anything else?

or do I have to buy those parts individualy, which will suck ass!

Ace Hardware hobbies has those kits still....
Old 10-05-2006, 01:51 PM   #2289
Tech Elite

whats the internal ratio with the stock pulleys and what is the internal ratio
with the ED?
Old 10-05-2006, 02:18 PM   #2290
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrevolution
discontinued! why!

that was a good way to get all the parts that do break in a nice little package, are they gonna release anything else?

or do I have to buy those parts individualy, which will suck ass!

Ace Hardware hobbies has those kits still....
I still have 2 in stock for sale and on-sale.
Winner's Circle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 03:36 PM   #2291
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis M.
whats the internal ratio with the stock pulleys and what is the internal ratio
with the ED?
Read the entire link and if you have the gear ratio calculator, you should have no problems finding your answer... Compare both when you read the link and see the over all improvement...

http://www.kfactoryracing.com/production.jsp?id=K14122

Rc_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 10:52 PM   #2292
Tech Adept

Unfortunately all companies make the decision to discontinue items at different times. Major reason they sited was lack of sales. We did very well with them and sold them as fast as we got them in.

As mentioned above, some dealers still may have them in stock so it is best to take advantage of their inventory before that depletes also.

SamF
G4S'er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 08:03 AM   #2293
Tech Rookie

Send a message via MSN to otraver

Hi all

Recently I purchased the K14124 G4 Speed Shot Front Bulkhead System.
I used it in the last race of the 2006 spanish championship.

During the celebration of one clas heat I received a lateral hit that pushed me against the protection wall.

And the result has been the following ...

I was finish the heat but with a very unstable car. I believe that the alloy piece is too fragile and it bends with facility. I have been unbind it but I think that the material lost its rigidity.

In addition I donīt find as spare part and will be necessary to buy again the complete kit.

Best regards.
otraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 08:30 AM   #2294
Tech Adept

The perimeter kits were done specifically for us. We asked them to do it. They were fairly popular but the factory told us they would be no longer because we didn't buy a gazillion to hang in the warehouse. They said it was not a good enough seller, however they never marketed it to the other distributors around the world. If they had it might have been a better seller.
Motorman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 09:48 AM   #2295
Tech Elite

Besides getting a higher final drive ratio for first i calculated the internal ratio
and it shows the ed at 2.19 and stock at 2.53.

besides having better final drive ratio for first and 2nd it looks like the ed is also more efficient since all the belts will be moving slower.