Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 03:30 PM
Tech Adept

Default Sam at Raceday Hobbies

Originally Posted by G4S'er
Thanks Bundy Bear,

We try to ship everything within 24 hours and priority mail here in the states and Global priority overseas. Here in the states the shipping is 3 days. Overseas about 4-5 days from the feedback I get. Weird, takes three days to go 800 miles and 4 days to go 5,000 miles...LOL Go figure!
I can also vouch for Sam at Raceday hobbies. I order alot of stuff from him. Its 2-3 days average and I'm on the opposite side of the country from him.
I have no local hobbyshop that carries the car or any parts. My support has been Sam at Raceday hobbies 100 percent mailorder. Actually its easyer dealing with him cause i dont have to go driving allover the place looking for the parts. Any part I want is 3 days away delivered to my doorstep. I wouldnt have a G4S if it wasn't for his support and speedy service. I gaurantee you you dont need LHS support as long as he is around. If I sound like a cheerleader so be it but, my experience has been nothing short of great dealing with him.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:48 PM
Tech Adept

The website is set up to combine items like that. I sometimes get burned it someone orders things that are heavy and screws up the system! LOL On the other hand if you purchase several items and they are light, you could be paying more on the shipping, so we refund that monies immediately.

Thanks for the kind words guys! I try hard to make this work for everyone! I have great relationships with my suppliers like Team Magic, Serpent, Skyline, and the others. They help me a lot!

I am a racer also ( I know hard to tell! ) and understand how sometimes the part is for need to replace broken one, and then other times it is just pure excitement in getting the new part. After 20 years I still get excited about that new part! Think I just be a kid until I die!!! Lot more fun that way!!!! lol

SamF
Old 10-04-2006, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

i too can recomend Raceday Hobbies, Sam has excellent service, comunication, and the parts availability. after a weekend of racing i stare at the screen of his parts and wonder what will make me quicker, reliable, and all round better car. all the orders i place, arrive just before or after the of weekend so i have plenty of time to prep the car for the next race meet. hats off to Sam and the great service we all recieve.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ok I have a few questions for sam

1) the perimeter (crash) kit works for the g4s too correct?

2)do you carry Novarossi engines? I was looking into the LL3 for the g4s

why is it $6 to ship a simple light single spur gear

first 2 are the serious ones
Old 10-04-2006, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I would like to think this thread is not going to continue to become the Raceday Hobbies thread. There are many, many places on the net that sell the same stuff Sam does with excellent service.

I think there is a commercial threads section on this forum for businesses like Sam's to conduct this kind of conversation.

Personally I would like to see the thread return to being about the car and not about Raceday Hobbies.

Cheers,

Mike.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Raceday hobby is my prefered place for tyre and G4 part, they have most parts in stock most of the time. the good thing is they ship FAST.

You don't need LHS to support G4S because it took them longer to order parts and they usually don't stock it.

Sam ,
I am thinking of making a front Diff for my G4S, when you will have the diff case and cover set back in stock ?

btw do you have 35 shore nitro shoe in stock or I have to get the GQ one ? my place is getting cold and I need soft tyre possible.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Z00M
I would like to think this thread is not going to continue to become the Raceday Hobbies thread. There are many, many places on the net that sell the same stuff Sam does with excellent service.

I think there is a commercial threads section on this forum for businesses like Sam's to conduct this kind of conversation.

Personally I would like to see the thread return to being about the car and not about Raceday Hobbies.

Cheers,

Mike.
Sorry we off topic

now, let talk about G4S, beside Daz and those in teh world, anyone has their hand on the ED transmission yet ? please deteil your though if you have one ("Good" is never an appropriate answer)

another thing, will there be a nylon/platic pulley version of the system ? I kind of prefer plastic pulley of Alu. I normally use 1 plastic and 1 alu. pulley for each belt. (basically I want econo version of everything, I am cheap , poor student don't have that much money to get thing no matter I how hard I tried to save)
Old 10-04-2006, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

isnt the car already fast enough without an ED tranny?

also don't cars get weighed in at races? removing weight from the tranny and other spots can put u under weight and disqualify you
Old 10-04-2006, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
isnt the car already fast enough without an ED tranny?

also don't cars get weighed in at races? removing weight from the tranny and other spots can put u under weight and disqualify you
the top speed of G4S is super, but I did notice I am out compete in out of courner and pick up. I use 18tz(p) on stock gearing. my friend use a R40 with RB v12. I got burst out of turns even though I am pass him easily on the end of straight line
Old 10-04-2006, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

so the current g4s is still lacking over some other racers?
Old 10-04-2006, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

If car breaker can't out accelerate an RB V12 with his 18TZ engine (50% larger than the V12) then you can bet there is something wrong with the engine, the clutch or the gearing.

I run a basically stock G4S and have won a few races now over the MTX4 and 720. The only changes from what came in the kit are the gears I run. I still run the stock shock bladders (black ones) and all the other bits you think are faulty.

Given that you're running a mongoose with a novarossi S12 with a turbo II pipe, there's a good chance you'll still get beaten by competitors with better engines and pipes even if they have older cars.

This is all on the proviso they can set up their cars and drive well too.

Darren Johnson proved there was nothing wrong with the original G4/Mongoose by winning the BRCA championship with it a couple of years in a row on both rubber and foam tyres.

So I would suggest that you stop trying to virtually decide what car you should be buying and get out there and practice, practice and more practice. Don't just practice driver but practice working on the car setup and when you're not at the track you should be building the best shocks you can build and oiling the bearings and whatnot.

If you look at the worlds that have just gone by, there were 3 kyosho's and one G4S in the top 4. This was a brilliant reflection on the Team Magic car considering the Team Magic driver was not a full time racer like the kyosho drivers.

If you want to compete at worlds level then maybe you might need the ED transmission to get the last 2 or 3 percent out of the car. If you're carpark racing with an S12 and turboII pipe then the box setup is going to be plenty good enough.

The same with anything else, it's horses for courses.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Cheers,

Mike.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:19 PM
Tech Master

I want the G4S becuase I bought my mongoose 70% built and I want a new car completely sealed to build myself and it also gives me a better car in the process, I will also put a stronger engine in the g4s and practice with a faster engine
Old 10-04-2006, 10:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Z00M
If car breaker can't out accelerate an RB V12 with his 18TZ engine (50% larger than the V12) then you can bet there is something wrong with the engine, the clutch or the gearing.

I run a basically stock G4S and have won a few races now over the MTX4 and 720. The only changes from what came in the kit are the gears I run. I still run the stock shock bladders (black ones) and all the other bits you think are faulty.

Given that you're running a mongoose with a novarossi S12 with a turbo II pipe, there's a good chance you'll still get beaten by competitors with better engines and pipes even if they have older cars.

This is all on the proviso they can set up their cars and drive well too.

Darren Johnson proved there was nothing wrong with the original G4/Mongoose by winning the BRCA championship with it a couple of years in a row on both rubber and foam tyres.

So I would suggest that you stop trying to virtually decide what car you should be buying and get out there and practice, practice and more practice. Don't just practice driver but practice working on the car setup and when you're not at the track you should be building the best shocks you can build and oiling the bearings and whatnot.

If you look at the worlds that have just gone by, there were 3 kyosho's and one G4S in the top 4. This was a brilliant reflection on the Team Magic car considering the Team Magic driver was not a full time racer like the kyosho drivers.

If you want to compete at worlds level then maybe you might need the ED transmission to get the last 2 or 3 percent out of the car. If you're carpark racing with an S12 and turboII pipe then the box setup is going to be plenty good enough.

The same with anything else, it's horses for courses.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Cheers,

Mike.
you might be right, in fact my engine is kind of unstable, require tunning everytime I play, it also don't stay in idle too well
Old 10-04-2006, 11:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

we usually try out our engine when we 1st reached our track, and tune it to the desired temperature before racing. i think it might be caused by the weather outside, so to play safe, we tuned it, then make sure everything ok, then we have fun.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:18 PM
Tech Master

what I mean is I have to tune it everytime I go to the place (same place at same time) and have to tune it a few time during "having Fun"

btw, the engine is 1 year old and went through at least 4 gallions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.