R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-03-2006, 02:36 PM   #2251
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702
HOW YOU DOING SAM F JUST passing through
Hey SOLOARTIST... You might hit 1000 posts by years end... WOW ... ... Just having fun with you... Looking to get back on the TM team again???

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 03:43 PM   #2252
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702
Default hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_alan
Hey SOLOARTIST... You might hit 1000 posts by years end... WOW ... ... Just having fun with you... Looking to get back on the TM team again???

RC_Alan
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 06:47 PM   #2253
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to uniquexme Send a message via Yahoo to uniquexme Send a message via Skype™ to uniquexme

well bro, pls post up the comments on ED after u tried it out. coz m still considering about it, since i already have the full set of gears and pulley for G4S, and now have to spend on this new option. keke. k-factory always is coming up with something new and really can't resists to buy.

btw, anyone here tried to change the bearing for the 1-way? coz mine is damaged as it tends to spin 360degrees on certain corners, and i have tested with my frenz 1-way fitted on my car, and it works fine. so i m still wondering how to get those bearing outs. also scared that after ordering the bearings which cost around (USD16 for 2 pcs), and i damaged the 1-way which in the end, end up having to spend more on getting a brand new 1-way. thanks
uniquexme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 07:49 PM   #2254
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rcrevolution

can anyone point out any g4s retailers around New York City? I know brooklyn hobbies has g4 parts but no g4s
rcrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 09:44 PM   #2255
Tech Adept

You can pick up G4S from us and get parts locally. This may be of help to you.

SamF
G4S'er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 09:46 PM   #2256
Tech Master

g4s'er what do u mean? do u have a store nearby me?

i am actually in Connecticut in Bridgeport which is 40min from NYC
Old 10-03-2006, 09:48 PM   #2257
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniquexme
well bro, pls post up the comments on ED after u tried it out. coz m still considering about it, since i already have the full set of gears and pulley for G4S, and now have to spend on this new option. keke. k-factory always is coming up with something new and really can't resists to buy.

btw, anyone here tried to change the bearing for the 1-way? coz mine is damaged as it tends to spin 360degrees on certain corners, and i have tested with my frenz 1-way fitted on my car, and it works fine. so i m still wondering how to get those bearing outs. also scared that after ordering the bearings which cost around (USD16 for 2 pcs), and i damaged the 1-way which in the end, end up having to spend more on getting a brand new 1-way. thanks
Before you throw out that one way you should just try something. Clean the one way real good to get any grease and dirt out of it. Apply some of Serpents one way lube and see if that works before spending the money.

SamF
Old 10-03-2006, 09:51 PM   #2258
Tech Adept

No, but not aware of any store near you with an inventory of G4S. It is great that you have a LHS that carries the parts for you. However a G4S kit is a kit no matter who has it, so if we can be of help let us know.

SamF
Old 10-03-2006, 09:55 PM   #2259
Tech Master

If I go with the g4s I will buy it from raceday cause thats the cheapest price I have seen.

I just have to get over the parts support bump.

cause in an emergency going to a lhs and buying the part beats waiting 3 weeks for it in the mail
Old 10-03-2006, 10:19 PM   #2260
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by afm
That's a tough question to answer, since there are to many variables involved
Weather, traction, gearing, clutch setting, driving style, etc. etc. but most drivers get around 5min min. to 6 min. max. run time out of a tank in racing conditions with most engines and different cars.

AFM
Thanks AMF. I come from 1/8th buggies, and haven't a clue what to shoot for. I just needed a ballpark. thanks again.

Quote:
For the question above about the ED transmission. For parking lot driveing if you are looking for some great low end this transmission is for you. If you are looking for top speed this transmission is for you. If you are looking at doing both with your engine and want a transmission that makes this a lot easier on your good engine, then the ED transmission is for you.
Sounds awesome. Can I prepay or do something to get on the list?

thanks
Gary
royfan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:48 AM   #2261
Tech Apprentice

Hi BB,

Yes the top rear link, just try all positions, and see & feel the changes, the Only way to learn stuff is to try stuff, any of my set up advice is how i like my car to feel, any other drivers may hate my car, so there is really no alternative to getting down the track and practising & seeing what feels right to you.

Good Luck,

Thanks Pattojnr for answering the droop Q. Yeah Zoom found that, he said it looks like me ! Doh !!!!!
muppet racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 04:16 AM   #2262
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppet racing
Hi BB,

Yes the top rear link, just try all positions, and see & feel the changes, the Only way to learn stuff is to try stuff, any of my set up advice is how i like my car to feel, any other drivers may hate my car, so there is really no alternative to getting down the track and practising & seeing what feels right to you.

Good Luck,

Thanks Pattojnr for answering the droop Q. Yeah Zoom found that, he said it looks like me ! Doh !!!!!
Thanks Darren... I don't remeber seeing any bald old men on the drivers stand at the Worlds

BB
Old 10-04-2006, 04:19 AM   #2263
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrevolution
If I go with the g4s I will buy it from raceday cause thats the cheapest price I have seen.

I just have to get over the parts support bump.

cause in an emergency going to a lhs and buying the part beats waiting 3 weeks for it in the mail

I can highly recommend Sam from RaceDay hobbies, his service has always been A+ and his prices are great. I live downunder in Australia and i have never had to wait 3 weeks to get anything from him. Most time was two weeks to me for the orginal kit, but that was because i took the cheaper slower option for freight...

BB
Old 10-04-2006, 10:49 AM   #2264
Tech Adept

Thanks Bundy Bear,

We try to ship everything within 24 hours and priority mail here in the states and Global priority overseas. Here in the states the shipping is 3 days. Overseas about 4-5 days from the feedback I get. Weird, takes three days to go 800 miles and 4 days to go 5,000 miles...LOL Go figure!
Old 10-04-2006, 12:11 PM   #2265
Tech Master

i wasn't saying you take 3 weeks, I have ordered from raceday before they I got my stuff within a week, but other places take a long time.

Sam how do you combine shipping? if I was to order lets say 2 spur gears would that be covered under the same shipping cost?