R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-28-2006, 08:29 PM   #2191
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rcrevolution

umm?

my mongoose has 2 cams and the manual shows two and tells you to use both.....whats going on here?

RDlogics has the roll bars with one 1 cam
rcrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 09:56 PM   #2192
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrevolution
umm?

my mongoose has 2 cams and the manual shows two and tells you to use both.....whats going on here?

RDlogics has the roll bars with one 1 cam
What did Z00M tell you to do with his last post trying to help you set your droop??? The Mongoose is the RD-Logics car... It has 2 cams... The earlier model Trinity G4 had one... You've had this car for at least a year and have been posting about the car since 7-16-05 and you still don't have a clue about setting your droop... You've posted about needing setup tools and the such for quite sometime as well... Not trying to come off and bash you here... but for someone with over 200 posts, most of them about the G4 and having the car for over a year... You really should know what you're doing about now... If you race your car at a RC track, you should ask someone there that knows what they are doing to show how to set your car up the right way... You won't be able to do that on-line... Chasing how to set up your car on-line will get you no where. Either take your car to a real quality hobby shop and ask them to help you with setting up your car or take it to the local track and ask one of the factory guys or one of the fast guys for alittle help... Watch what they do and take notes... Setting up a car is no different from brand A, B or C... Again, not trying to come off bashing you... Hey, you could be 12 yrs old and don't know any better... You can ask any question you like here and I'm sure someone will lean you a helping hand... ... By now though, you should really know what you're doing with the car.. .02

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 09:56 PM   #2193
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by gansei
hi~ every G4 Users!

My G4s's Movie!! ^^

http://myhome.hanafos.com/~gansei/g4.wmv
thats one sweet car take lots of pics befor you run it cuz you know its not gona look like that for long unless you clean it like crazy.
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 11:25 PM   #2194
Tech Master

first of all just because I have the car for over a year doesnt mean I have the time to put into it.

my car has been sitting in my house for the past 4 months without being ran once.

last time I touched the car I was trying to adjust the front droop because theres something off with it

I am now going to college so I do want to spend the extar $115 for setup gauges especially during the last few weeks of the season.

I just wanted to know how to fix it so I can get some practice laps in at the track.

so just because I have a car doesnt mean I dont have a life outside RC
Old 09-29-2006, 02:53 AM   #2195
Tech Master

Smile

Rcrevolution, rc_alan gave you some great advice. The best thing you can do , would be to take your car to your track and ask one of the more experienced racers there to help show you how to setup your car and radio. Most are going to want to help you out. With your car setup properly, chances are you will be able to get your car around the track with better control, which equates to minimal breakage, for you and the other racers. They can also help you with the tools you will need to aquire, when you can afford them, and impart some driving tips. Just don't be intimadated, most factory and experienced racers are very approachable, and are more than willing to share some of their knowledge. Good luck and good racing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_alan
What did Z00M tell you to do with his last post trying to help you set your droop??? The Mongoose is the RD-Logics car... It has 2 cams... The earlier model Trinity G4 had one... You've had this car for at least a year and have been posting about the car since 7-16-05 and you still don't have a clue about setting your droop... You've posted about needing setup tools and the such for quite sometime as well... Not trying to come off and bash you here... but for someone with over 200 posts, most of them about the G4 and having the car for over a year... You really should know what you're doing about now... If you race your car at a RC track, you should ask someone there that knows what they are doing to show how to set your car up the right way... You won't be able to do that on-line... Chasing how to set up your car on-line will get you no where. Either take your car to a real quality hobby shop and ask them to help you with setting up your car or take it to the local track and ask one of the factory guys or one of the fast guys for alittle help... Watch what they do and take notes... Setting up a car is no different from brand A, B or C... Again, not trying to come off bashing you... Hey, you could be 12 yrs old and don't know any better... You can ask any question you like here and I'm sure someone will lean you a helping hand... ... By now though, you should really know what you're doing with the car.. .02

RC_Alan
Old 09-29-2006, 10:06 AM   #2196
Tech Master

unfortunately around here no one knows what a Mongoose is and they all run R40s and mtx's

I am not that big of a noob that I need to asks for complete help, I have been inthis hobby since I was nine and I'm 18 now.

the only thing I need help with is the front a-arms since they are off, I dont need to be turned into a complete noob that doesnt know anything
Old 09-29-2006, 10:27 AM   #2197
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Just remove the front & rear bars, I have found the car to be faster on all conditions I have seen without them.

Mark
mtveten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 01:08 PM   #2198
Tech Master

rcrevolution, what's the point of you posting on here, if you won't take the advice given? By your own admission, you have been doing this for 9 years, yet you come across as having very little chassis tuning ability, and the basic tools needed to tune your car. Most have an open mind, and are receptive in learning new tuning tips and better ways of doing it. You seem to be very defensive to those that have given you great advice, in responce to your questions. As the old saying goes, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. As posted earlier, if you still don't understand the advice given, you need to seek out someone, who is experieced, it doesn't matter that he has the same car as you, most chassis tuning is pretty basic, to show you how it's done. If you are talking about a setup for your car, identical cars will have different setups, based on the driver's skill level, track layout condition and temp. etc., and the driver's driving style. To optimise the setup for your track can only be done on the track. Seek out one of the fast guys for that help, assuming you have't burned all your bridges. Good luck!
Quote:
unfortunately around here no one knows what a Mongoose is and they all run R40s and mtx's

I am not that big of a noob that I need to asks for complete help, I have been inthis hobby since I was nine and I'm 18 now.

the only thing I need help with is the front a-arms since they are off, I dont need to be turned into a complete noob that doesnt know anything
Old 09-29-2006, 01:13 PM   #2199
Tech Master

thanks mark at least someone is giving me info I can use
Old 09-29-2006, 08:48 PM   #2200
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

So what part of adjusting the sway bar cams to get the arms level didn't you understand from my post?

If the solution is to throw up your arms and just remove the swaybar then good luck to you in the future.

Cheers,

Mike.
www.nbhc.com.au - www.teamxray.com
Z00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 08:58 PM   #2201
Tech Master

all I asked for was if the other a-arms was suposed to be affected if I adjust one, I dont know why this was turned into what it became
Old 09-30-2006, 01:48 AM   #2202
Tech Master

Quote:
all I asked for was if the other a-arms was suposed to be affected if I adjust one, I dont know why this was turned into what it became
You should have said that first off.

The sway bar cams are used to take the tweek out of a chassis.
The G4S has one on each corner.
Roll bars must be connected.

You need to get the car on a flat level area, then adjust these cams until all wheel hubs are level (or you can set front to one set level and the rear to another level, depending on set up choice, each axle end must be the same level)).

Once you are happy the hubs are set level (or to your choice), tighten them all up (then recheck levels).

Then you must measure distance between shock balls (top and bottom) and any difference in length must be taken out with the shock adjusters to get even spring pressure.

Running without the roll bars is good on low speed twisty tracks but the car will roll side to side a lot more and could possible roll over, the roll bars are there to keep the car as flat as possible through corners without the need for super stiff springs.
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 09:16 AM   #2203
Tech Master

alright thanks thats exactly what I needed, just I have have mongoose not a g4s, but my mongoose has a cam on each corner (that black little washer) so that means I set up my car the same way as the G4S right?

heres how I did mine

car on level flat surface

adjust all the cams until the hubs are resting on the surface

then tighten down the cams

add the droop by screwing down the vertical grub screw in the front and the one on the a-arms in the rear

thats how you set it right? thats how I have been doing it since I bought the car.

the problem was when i added droop to the front right the front left hub would rise too and I didnt know if that was normal.

anyways thanks for the help
Old 09-30-2006, 09:42 AM   #2204
Tech Master

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/7...ture076kn4.jpg

can i adjust the droop now? I tried seperating the sway bar, but i cant any further

grrr! the second I tighten down my spway arm it messes up the hubs!

I loosened the sway arms to adjust the cams and they were both resting on the surface, ok thats perfect, but the second I tightened down the front left sway bar grub screw it made the other hub rise about a mm off the ground

Last edited by rcrevolution; 09-30-2006 at 09:56 AM.
Old 09-30-2006, 11:22 AM   #2205
Tech Master

Quote:
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/7...ture076kn4.jpg

can i adjust the droop now? I tried seperating the sway bar, but i cant any further

grrr! the second I tighten down my spway arm it messes up the hubs!

I loosened the sway arms to adjust the cams and they were both resting on the surface, ok thats perfect, but the second I tightened down the front left sway bar grub screw it made the other hub rise about a mm off the ground
That is because those black things are not set.
Set the droop with the bar disconected so you can get both sides even, then connect and tighten sway bay, then adjust those black tweek settings.
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote