R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-28-2005, 08:54 PM   #196
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

well. all I have to say is go ask the mtx4 guys that. Is the 4 that radical of a change? if the improvements can add .5 seconds a lap how many laps is that in a 1 hour main. Our group had alot of direct input in some of the changes and the steering for one is a significant performance increase. Theres nothing wrong with the earlier cars but I gurantee you this car is way superior in performance and overall durability. regardless some will opt to stay with the old car which is ok. I agree if you have a G4E you might as well park it
Old 12-28-2005, 08:56 PM   #197
Tech Elite

Default G4S

Don't you just love the new car guys !!!!!!!

If that car does not win races then I'm giving up........
Great car Dennis. A winner waiting at the starting gate.

So good to hear a distributor finally backing the hobby shop and store and not going for the easy 'ebay' option.

I for one will be flying the Pheonix flag this summer.
Put me one on ice Dennis..!
British Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 11:24 PM   #198
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to nickko

It's easy to release a whole new car with all the parts completely different though not sure whether it will be faster.

However, we think if we were G4 racers or dealers, we would hate that. Personally, I don't like to drive out-of-date cars. I prefer to drive something that is still hot at the market. If there is a completely different new car released (for example G5), all the current G4 cars will become old cars immediately and the spare parts stock in shops will be dead stock.

We don't like that. Since the G4 is a good car with the best handling performance among all touring cars, why bother to make a completely different car? We prefer to add more better features on the G4 to make it better.

No matter you are driving a G4 C-class, E-class, Evo or soon coming G4S, it's still a G4 and you can easily upgrade the car with the lastest parts if you want. This is what we want to do.

We will keep going on making the G4 better. 3~5 years later, may be 10 years larter, G4 will still be there.

Wish all the best to you guys and Happy New Year!!
nickko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 03:55 AM   #199
Tech Regular

Default New Car changes vs. old car.

After racing the car for the season last year, I can say the changes they made on the car are for the most part very significant. I haven't gotten the car yet, but can only make comments on the changes. Dennis fabricated a bellcrank system that I got a chance to race last year. Even though it took him many hours to make the parts, the steering changes made the car A WHOLE LOT better. Especially mid corner steering. It gave the car more ackerman. It also made the whole steering system far more accessible.

Addressing the side brace alignment situation is also a very important change. It will make the car stay flat and straight. Very important change.

Addressing the rear sway bar and revamping it. Another very important change since much of the front of the car is adjusted by making changes to the rear of the car.

Rebalancing the car with better weight distribution is also a great change. I haven't had a chance to race it yet but it looks right. I know that I put the current car on a balance and by manually shifting the battery next to the fuel tank is exactly what the car needed to balance it.

I really like Nicks and Dennis's philospophy in making the current car better. Many of the currently competitive cars are really good cars. All of them have there strong points and weak points. Improving the platform makes the most sense. It allows the hobbyist to use many of there current parts AND allows the hobby shops to continue to sell there existing replacement stock. It just makes the whole deal more user friendly.

I'm glad Dennis is taking an active role in bringing this car to market. He really cares about the hobby and what racers want. I've always had his motors, and when it comes to horsepower.............this man delivers! I'm sure he will translate that to Team Magic's success in the USA.
RayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 07:55 AM   #200
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Will the steering upgrade work on the current Mongoose chassis?
Dreddlox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 08:57 AM   #201
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreddlox

If you had bothered to read the thread you would already know the answer to that.
rcrossco_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 09:15 AM   #202
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by goosein LV

come on alan come back to the goose or TM its home

I'm driving the 710 now for the moment... It's really a nice car with out the headache's I had with the Mongoose... ie. WAY to many stripped gears and steering issues... You know I will always support TM and RD-Logics... Nickko at TM and David at RD-Logics are super people... Some peeps within the Mongoose family I'm not feeling... We lost Leo to Mugen and Walter to Kyosho for different reasons here in SoCal are great people as well... I just needed a break from the current car and the 710 gave me a breath of fresh air... I'll say this, my lap times drop 1 sec per lap faster (16.0-16.3 sec laps)with the 710 setup I was using at Crystal park RC-Raceway then with the Mongoose... Home of the 2006 ROAR nationals... Mainly because the issues I had with the goose were solved or not present with the 710... The Mongoose is a faster car... Really, but the 710 wasn't breaking something every min. and I could drive the 710 more aggressively and my times dropped... Sorry guys, I know this should be for another thead, but it's important to see what a difference a good car can do for a driver... Every new car should either make you a tad bit faster or make the driving experence better... ie. MTX3 to MTX4, 705 to 710 ect... Why upgrade it you're not going to see a difference in driving or tuning??? Now the new G4S... All the issues have been addressed and corrected, so I'll take along look at it and if Nickko and David give me support, I do everything I can to help them... But for now, it's the 710...

RC_Alan

Last edited by rc_alan; 12-29-2005 at 10:17 AM.
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 09:54 AM   #203

Send a message via AIM to Uneke Send a message via Yahoo to Uneke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreddlox
Nope!
Uneke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 10:19 AM   #204
Tech Master

Last edited by Motorman; 12-29-2005 at 12:42 PM.
Motorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 10:22 AM   #205
Tech Master

Uneke I'm not sure that it won't. I'm not sure if TM found a way to use the existing hole in the bottom of the chassis with the new layout or not. Our origional system we had to make and use a different hole. I am getting the impression that it will. Nick and I have talked about this a little and I get the impression this is the way it was done. That means EVO/Mongoose forward cars should be ok but E class may not. I'll know more when the first kits come in in a couple weeks.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:41 AM   #206
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I saw a post saying the rear sway bar issue has been adressed whats different on the rear sway bar. The new car looks good by the way.
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 10:53 AM   #207

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorman
Uneke I'm not sure that it won't. I'm not sure if TM found a way to use the existing hole in the bottom of the chassis with the new layout or not. Our origional system we had to make and use a different hole. I am getting the impression that it will. Nick and I have talked about this a little and I get the impression this is the way it was done. That means EVO/Mongoose forward cars should be ok but E class may not. I'll know more when the first kits come in in a couple weeks.
If thats the case great. that means the conversion kit will be that much less expensive.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:15 AM   #208
Tech Adept

tbh i dont see how it can compete with the RRR and the MTX4.
The reciever pack is too high and the car has older geometry and non adjustable roll centre.
I think RC Racing has moved on a little, BUT as a former trinity reflex owner, I hope that the new G4 wins it all !!
rcrossco_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 11:21 AM   #209

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrossco_1
tbh i dont see how it can compete with the RRR and the MTX4.
The reciever pack is too high and the car has older geometry and non adjustable roll centre.
I think RC Racing has moved on a little, BUT as a former trinity reflex owner, I hope that the new G4 wins it all !!
The overall CG of the car is so low that raising the light AAA pack a little still makes it lower than most cars. the rx is set lower than before so its possible that they cancel out. Don't know for sure, but i'm guessing.

The roll center IS adjustable.

The suspension geometry is just fine thank you very much. How are you comparing the two anyway. If a car handles it just handles. Just ask the 1/12th scale guys who are going back to a suspension design that was developed in the early 80's.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:25 AM   #210
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrossco_1
If you had bothered to read the thread you would already know the answer to that.
Is that a yes or a no?
Dreddlox is offline   Reply With Quote