R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-20-2006, 10:45 AM   #2056
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiMo
Here's a question for you:
Do you feel your car needs these new option parts?

Personally I think the car doesn't need any upgrades (apart from the brake pads) but it is nice to have these parts to improve car car that little more, or even just for the personalised pose factor.
I didn't say I gonna get those. just I feel the price is way too high to even choose one of it.
What is the point of making option part that rarely anyone gonna buy it

I am happy with my G4S although I need to change the brake, it is totally gone after using it for almost an year (migrate from my old Mongoose)
Old 09-20-2006, 10:52 AM   #2057
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to spenzalii

I've always wondered why 1/10 didn't have a quick change option. This is a very nice piece of kit. The biggest drawback is lack of rims and tires. If you don't stock up on KFactory tires and you have the wrong shore or the rim cracks, you will be SOL for the day. I'd only consider them if my LHS stocked the tires or I had a lot of money to buy tires in advance.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:20 AM   #2058
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Well having run my G4s all summer I can say I think the car needs the front roll center adjustment but the new transmission looks like it would just create different gearing problems for me. With the stock setup using the 18T brake pulley I am able to gear ~ 7.7 / 5.4 that works very well for most tracks I race at but the new new system seems to be just too limited on the 2nd gear. If Phoenix comes out with their modified clutch bell (less parts has to be cheaper) I think I will do that instead.

The quick change wheels sound great and if it along with the foams for them are reasonably priced and work well I will probably get it for when tires changes are needed.

I am hoping that they release a new kit with the quick change axles, speedshot front end and Phoenix clutchbell in the US.

Mark
mtveten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 11:25 AM   #2059
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Carbreaker,

Stick with the stock pads but use the upgrade brake disk. 1 of my fancy k-factory brake pads debonded from its caliper after only 2 race days. I am now back to using the stock pads and with the k-factory rotor they work extremely well, the upgrade rotor is what makes the biggest difference.

Mark
mtveten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 12:22 PM   #2060
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well those are MSRP and street price should be lower. Motorman when are these going to hit US Street?
Another question is quick tire release system legal for Roar, Ifmar, and/or Efra sanction races? Who are making these tires/rims? Price for these tires?

Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Breaker
I didn't say I gonna get those. just I feel the price is way too high to even choose one of it.
What is the point of making option part that rarely anyone gonna buy it

I am happy with my G4S although I need to change the brake, it is totally gone after using it for almost an year (migrate from my old Mongoose)
boner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 12:39 PM   #2061
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

HI Mtveten
I had tested Motorman's new gear system. It's great but with 2 problems. First problem is you need to modfied all the 2nd speed pinion otherwise you will have to run what it comes with. If Motorman is going to sell that gear convertion, he will need to offer moded 2nd speed pinions. Second problem, not really a problem but more like a preference, rear belt is too tight for my taste. I have new belts on the car when I put the gears in, the 20t brake pulley makes the rear belt so tight, it seem to create a lot of fricton. I'm sure as the belt get older it will be loosen up a bit.
Overall, it's really great gears for small to meddium track or technical tracks.

Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtveten
Well having run my G4s all summer I can say I think the car needs the front roll center adjustment but the new transmission looks like it would just create different gearing problems for me. With the stock setup using the 18T brake pulley I am able to gear ~ 7.7 / 5.4 that works very well for most tracks I race at but the new new system seems to be just too limited on the 2nd gear. If Phoenix comes out with their modified clutch bell (less parts has to be cheaper) I think I will do that instead.

The quick change wheels sound great and if it along with the foams for them are reasonably priced and work well I will probably get it for when tires changes are needed.

I am hoping that they release a new kit with the quick change axles, speedshot front end and Phoenix clutchbell in the US.

Mark
boner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 01:55 PM   #2062
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Phenix clutch bells are about 3 weeks off. gears will be available. You don't necessarily have to use 20's for the internals with them. We Do. Once the belt streaches a bit its just right. As far as tires for the quick release front end, I don't know what the plan is yet but I am sure there will be one as you can see in the picture.
Sometimes parts are put up on the K factory site even before we can get them. The speedshot front end was not even listed as available when it was put up. We have a factory order we are working on if they pop up in the catalog we will get them.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:25 PM   #2063
Tech Initiate

Motorman,

Do you have that special 2nd pinion in 22, 23, 24 alone? I tried the combo
works pretty good, but I had to take the 20T brake pulley off because my car feels like drag braking through the corner. I'd like to try the 17/22 combo at our small and tight track, I think it'll work great!
Howard Cho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 02:29 PM   #2064
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREELANCE_RCer

Those are very impressive.
CHEEEEEEATERS LOL ya this looks realy cool
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 02:36 PM   #2065
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallyedmonds
CHEEEEEEATERS LOL ya this looks realy cool
Wally you want a G4S don't you!!
Howard Cho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 02:43 PM   #2066
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Cho
Wally you want a G4S don't you!!
shhhhhhhh lol
Old 09-21-2006, 12:00 AM   #2067
Tech Adept

Good news !

Speed Shot Front Bulkhead will be in stock at Raceday Hobbies the end of this week or the first of next week.

G4 ED Transmission will be in stock about Oct.6th

Believe the Flash Quick Release will be available same time.

Always new and exciting products from Team Magic and K Factory! More Toys... Love Toys!!!

SamF
G4S'er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 02:48 AM   #2068
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I'd be pretty keen to get the rear hubs to offer the granular roll centre adjustment. I read that there are inserts so you can use these with your current hex drives/bearings without the need to get the quick release wheels.

I might look at getting the new transmission, but it would have to be significantly better than what I've got now. Given that I would have to buy 3 different clutch bells to have the 3 different options for second hgear pinion I think it's a bit of joke. Sounds like maybe motorman has a different idea so we'll wait and see what that looks like. I run on a reasonably large flowing track that only has two slow corners so I doubt I would see the benefit.

I can see this would be a sure fire time gain on the prepared/smooth tight tracks of the states.

Cheers,

Mike.
www.nbhc.com.au - www.teamxray.com
Z00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 03:54 AM   #2069
Tech Apprentice

Hi,

We used the new K factory transmission set at the worlds, and I beleive Dario used it at both the Euro's and worlds.

To get a good comparison we matched the mm/rev on the new system, and its definately quicker for us, in theory as the belts & bearings are running slower so top end should improve (which it does) but sharpness also improves out of corners (the clutch bell & pinions are very light & very small, kit pinions & bell about 13g, new about 6g) I dont know all the theories involved, but on the track it was quicker for me. It also has a hole in for adjusting the clutch nut

The range of adjustment in mm/rev is also very good, and would cover most tracks. On a 60mm rear tyre 1st can range from 24.8 - 29.2 mm/rev, 2nd from 36.6 - 42 mm/rev.

If anyone wants to run 20T brake pullies, you can move the rear diff forward, about 0.5mm, by taking a little material out in front of the diff bearings and just fill the gap behind the bearing with a little epoxy resin. It doesnt need moving much, its just to get the rear belt at perfect tension. You can use a sanding drum on a dremel.

Hope this helps !
muppet racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 05:20 AM   #2070
Tech Elite

you have to run Kfatory wheels with this dont you