Team Magic G4

Old 08-29-2006, 05:25 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the updated sheet.

I have a question that was asked to me on another forum. I'm upgrading from the g4 to the g4s via the upgrade kit. Will my body from my g4 fit the g4s or are the body posts not in the same postition ?

Thanks
Charles
Old 08-29-2006, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

Default G4s Upgrade

Yes,
I've upgraded my G4E to the "S" with this kit and I'm using my same bodies I used before.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hi Guys

Australia Post have come through for me and i received my package today. Big thanks to Sam from RaceDay Hobbies in the US, his service and communications was A+...

Now begins the build project... damn work always gets in the way

BB
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-img_0989.jpg  
Old 08-30-2006, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by razzor
Tried this gearing with the 23/46 2nd gear and my buddy took TQ and the 1st in the A-mains.Still needs to be a bit shorter as it lags a bit out of the hairpin corners.Thanks for advice !!!
I tried the same gearing with Nova/Palmaris BRB and car was awesome as well ,ran my personal best of 26.280sec today and managed the elusive 12 laps.G4s TQ and 1st and 3rd in Amains.
Thanks to all who contribute here ,it makes a difference when we share ideas and info ,
THANK YOU !!!
When changing the brake pulley and side pulley, does it effect the overdrive to the front of car as well ?
Also what would the effect be of different size brake and side pulleys? ie: 19 brake and 18 side or vice versa, etc...
Old 08-30-2006, 10:49 AM
Tech Adept

yes, when changing the brake pulley and side pulleys the over drive will change. 18T brake with 18T side and 27 front side would have a different over drive to 18/19/27. I have active chart I can email you if you would like that gives overdrives and what you need for front and rear tire sizes. Just email your address and happy to send it!

Sam
Old 08-30-2006, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

changes to the brake pulley effect the rear drive ratio and side pully changes effect the front drive ratio. When the front ratio is taller (lower #) than the rear it is refered to as an overdrive and a lower front ration(bigger #) is called an underdrive.

Now on to the real question, What is the reasoning for running an overdrive front ratio when cut down the front tires to get the same rollout front to back?

I understand the reasoning for doing it with equal sized tires but when we stagger them to get equal rollout wouldn't we get the same effect running all our wheels the same size with no overdrive?

Mark
Old 08-30-2006, 11:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mtveten
I understand the reasoning for doing it with equal sized tires but when we stagger them to get equal rollout wouldn't we get the same effect running all our wheels the same size with no overdrive?

Mark
The reason I run overdrive is to even out tyre wear.
Rear tyres always wear more than the front, and smaller tyres wear more than larger tyres, so by running the fronts smaller you even out the wear balance between front and rear.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

I always use std size tyres as they come in pack ,find it a bit expensive when you have to true them down to a size that would be good for one race.
I have been running 42 front and 40 rears ,usually run a set for qualifiers and then change for the finals.However ,last club meet I used the same set I used for the nats final a month ago.

Just coming to grips with the gear ratios and overdrive etc...

Im enjoying the learning curve though especially with the sharing of ideas and info on the forums.
would like the more experienced guys or even some of the Pro's to give some tips and info to help the rookies understand how they tweek and tune thier cars.
Old 08-30-2006, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hey Sam (G4S'er) can you email me the gear and roll out chart as well please. thank you . Patto...
Old 08-30-2006, 05:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Smile New G4S on the way!

Hello to all, new roadie here. I just spoke to my LHS owner and he has my TM G4S on the way. I'm excited to get it.

I have an extensive background in rc's starting further back than I care to admit with a Cox Scorpion. In the early 90's my buddy and myself saw a 1/8th scale nitro buggy go and we just have one. That's when my passion for all things nitro started. It's been 95% buggies, and 5% boat/plane/heli/ ect. I even owned a Serpent Impact but sold it due to the fact that I had no one to run with ( I live in Northern Colorado. Racing is nonexistant.), but I loved the speed.

About two years ago my LHS, Don's Hobbies in Greeley CO was sold to a new owner, coincedentally named Don Anyway Don is a good guy and starts making so good improvements to the place. One day I was in, probably buying buggy stuff, and he tells me he is going to try and get the city to let him host sedan races in the parking lot. I told him the minute he got it done I would buy another road car. In the meantime I get so busy as a radiology student that I actually sold my buggy(Mugen) last summer. Now a year later and I'm yearning for the smell of nitro so I go by the LHS and see them starting up for the trial run of parking lot racing. Don finally got city ok, and stepped up and bought a new AMB system and a portable track system.

Long story a little shorter....I started researching 1/10 sedans here on Rctech. I decided on the G4S because I think it has good value for the $, but mostly because of all the helpful posting on this thread. Between Motorman and the rest of you I couldn't pass it up...So I went down to Don's and directed him to Phenix Distributing and viola I have a kit on the way.

By the way, I promise to keep all future posts short and to the point
Old 08-30-2006, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

Default cool

Make them as long as you want, it's good to have you aboard.
There are some handy build tips on one of the pages here. If you'd like a copy pm me and I'll send them to you.

Best of luck on the build and running touring car. Enjoy !

Tony
Old 08-30-2006, 07:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

guys, can anyone kind enough to share the gear ratio chart here pls? i have almost the complete set of gears and pulleys, but really dunno which one to combine to give the best max performance. thx in advance.
Old 08-30-2006, 07:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 226 (100%+)

anybody have a 9mm pivot ball nut that they could spare? I can PP you for shipping costs.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:43 PM
Tech Adept

will do Patto!
Old 08-31-2006, 01:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hey royfan33, nice post. Always good to hear about someone else getting with the good guys! he he.

I tell you what though, lucky that Don bought Don's off Don otherwise he would have had to change the name!

If there's any help you need that's not in all 9 million pages of this thread then don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,

Mike.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.