R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-23-2005, 06:41 AM   #151
Tech Adept

Bundy we always had the option to run overdrive using an 18 brake pulley and a 19 side pulley for a 3.5mm overdrive split. or you could run 19 brake and 20 side for 3.5 split. or you could run the option front midshaft pully. The G4 has more internal/od options available right now than any car out there. That being said the car will be a 0 overdrive in stock form.

I ran the 3.5mm od 18/19 setup a few times last year with 62.5 rear tires and 59 fronts. gearing deep like 18/24 pinions will give you alot of off the corner punch with alot of top end because of the big rear tire rollout.
Motorman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 09:12 AM   #152

Send a message via AIM to Uneke Send a message via Yahoo to Uneke

Motorman - Are you guys going to the Nats. and the GreatLakes Challenge?
Uneke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 09:40 AM   #153
Tech Adept

fer sure
Motorman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 10:19 AM   #154
Tech Elite

Default G4S.......

Will you be running the new G4S at the Nats Dennis?
I would like to get one b4 the Midwest season starts as I have the "E" from a couple of years back. Great car and I have added ALOT (!!!) of the K factory upgrades although I still nead the U.F.O clutch.

As to the discussion about the upgrade kit...... I can understand there would be little interest in a full conversion kit, but a kit including only the necessary parts I think would be viable.

Parts such as the U.F.O clutch for example should not, I believe be included.
After all, you would be looking at selling this kit only to people who either can not, or do not want to spend the extra on a new car. IE. The G4S.
So then changing thire car to incorporate the magor changes the G4S addresses would be the main point and hence price should be made one of the top prorities.
My thoughts.

I think this car will win alot of races this year!! Some good drivers will be throwing this car around the track and I for one am going to enjoy being part of the G4 team out there!
British Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 10:22 AM   #155
Tech Elite

Default Festivities...........

ohhhh..............

And by the way,
A very merry christmas to all out there. A happy new year.
And a winning 2006. I wish everyone good luck and happy racing !!
British Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 10:39 AM   #156
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to goosein LV
Default team ?

merry Christmas & HAPPY NEW YEAR hope to see everyone for the new season at the winter wind up in LV if not ill catch up with you all at the ???????????? RD race peace team magic/mongoose for ever
goosein LV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 12:31 PM   #157

Send a message via AIM to Uneke Send a message via Yahoo to Uneke

British Menace - My thought process is a lot like yours in terms of the upgrade kit.

If I have to get the complete kit though I would probably still get the pro just to have the extra parts. Last year at the Great Lakes Challenge I was booted into an outside wall by an overzealous 1/8th. Later that night I discovered that my chassis was tweaked pretty badly. You never know exactly what you will need and sometimes having a complete car to pull from is the only way to make sure you have every part.
Uneke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 09:00 PM   #158
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorman2
Bundy we always had the option to run overdrive using an 18 brake pulley and a 19 side pulley for a 3.5mm overdrive split. or you could run 19 brake and 20 side for 3.5 split. or you could run the option front midshaft pully. The G4 has more internal/od options available right now than any car out there. That being said the car will be a 0 overdrive in stock form.

I ran the 3.5mm od 18/19 setup a few times last year with 62.5 rear tires and 59 fronts. gearing deep like 18/24 pinions will give you alot of off the corner punch with alot of top end because of the big rear tire rollout.
Motorman:

Thankyou

Everyone:

I'd like to Wish everyone a Merry & Safe Christmas and i look forward to many more online discussions

BB
Old 12-23-2005, 09:28 PM   #159
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

i really hope RDL or TM will sent a representative team to the 200mm Worlds.
the current car has had limited successes in the US, UK and parts of Europe. there's no better way to promote the new car than competing with the best in the world.

some companies spend minimal in promoting the hobby at grass root level, but when it comes to the worlds, they throw big bucks to sponsor the top drivers to ensure their cars either win or get on the podium.
maximum publicity.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:59 PM   #160
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well heres the announcement I said was comming. After 5 years I am severing my support for RD Logics as a consultant. (At many times I spoke for and promoted them but was never employed by them) I have been asked to Distribute all Team Magic/KFactory for all cars and Hard Racing tool products under my own distribution company and after several months of negotiation I have agreed. (note I did not say I was exclusive) Where RD plans to go with their distribution of TM and any sponsorships I do not know it is their business. I wish them well. I will be happy to support any needs your local hobby shops in the USA have so that you can get the product you need when you need it. As soon as the site is up I will provide you a link. We will also see you at the races to support you.

Dennis Richey
Phenix Distributing USA

PS mongooses are basically G4 evo's so any needs you have we can cover. We will also only be covering the US market. Other markets have distributors and it is not our business to meddle in their market.

Last edited by Motorman; 12-23-2005 at 11:13 PM.
Motorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 11:01 PM   #161
Tech Master

merry christmas all.
Old 12-24-2005, 03:36 AM   #162
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorman
Well heres the announcement I said was comming. After 5 years I am severing my support for RD Logics as a consultant. (At many times I spoke for and promoted them but was never employed by them) I have been asked to Distribute all Team Magic/KFactory for all cars and Hard Racing tool products under my own distribution company and after several months of negotiation I have agreed. (note I did not say I was exclusive) Where RD plans to go with their distribution of TM and any sponsorships I do not know it is their business. I wish them well. I will be happy to support any needs your local hobby shops in the USA have so that you can get the product you need when you need it. As soon as the site is up I will provide you a link. We will also see you at the races to support you.

Dennis Richey
Phenix Distributing USA

PS mongooses are basically G4 evo's so any needs you have we can cover. We will also only be covering the US market. Other markets have distributors and it is not our business to meddle in their market.
Great news Dennis...

What does that mean for us people "Down Under" though:S

BB

P.S: I am looking forward to the Worlds hitting my home town next year
Old 12-24-2005, 09:48 AM   #163
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi

Right now im at my parents home (6 hours of car driving from my house) with my wife and doughter ... so finally im VERY HAPPY (after 9 hours of airplane and 6 hours of driving) ...

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF YOU !!!

Pat

E-Mail : [email protected]
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 12:28 PM   #164
afm
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorman

Dennis Richey
Phenix Distributing USA

Dennis

Merry Christmas and best wishes for success in this new 2006 venture.

AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 12:44 PM   #165
Tech Master

Merry christmas guys hope everyone is having a fine day