R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-10-2003, 12:14 PM   #1351
Tech Prophet

Default Centax-II clutch-housing tool (909593)

This is just in... A special tool to grip the Centax II clutchbell when you tighten the pinions.

http://www.mytsn.com/products/desc.asp?prid=2790
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 12:19 PM   #1352
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Devin
Thanks for your input. Where could I find the stats on the RB Rody tuned Sx12? Is it much better than the MS 5P production model?
Well, you can find some info on the RB website www.rbproducts.com.

They don't publish any hard datas on the engine and they do not believe is posting any.... But the evidence is enough on the track.

Well, the MS 5 port is a nice engine. In fact I think it is one of the more powerful 5 port engines around, except maybe the Rody tuned and the JP. The Rody tuned 5 port engine takes engine performance to a different level. I believe even surpasing the JP.
Old 05-10-2003, 12:25 PM   #1353
Tech Adept

Modellor,

I was looking into the Speedtechrc site , and I couldn't find the lightweight hollow Shaft for the 705 2 speed trans. how can i get it??

thaks in advance!!
paulfitipauldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 12:40 PM   #1354
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by paulfitipauldi
Modellor,

I was looking into the Speedtechrc site , and I couldn't find the lightweight hollow Shaft for the 705 2 speed trans. how can i get it??

thaks in advance!!
Officially, there is no hollow 2 speed shaft for the 705... If you find it, it would be custom made.

I think either nizee or punisher has the titanium 2 speed shaft from War Party Racing or something like that.

I actually had a 2 speed hollow shaft meant for the Impulse that I converted to that I could use it on the 705. All mounting positions are the same except the position of the hole for the pin that locks the 2 speed clutchbell is different for the 705 and the Impulse. The problem is drilling an extra 3mm hole on a shaft
Old 05-11-2003, 11:11 AM   #1355
Tech Adept

Talking Thanks D

Well so I would make an order , for about two or three of these shafts just in case ,

Ciao!!
Old 05-11-2003, 11:19 AM   #1356
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Well guys I finally broke down and bought the 705 yesterday. I must say the directions are not to great, good pictures but thats about it. I hope the performance is better than the assembly. Having trouble with binding suspension, holes not drilled in the plastic parts. Got it for a good price from my lhs for 339.00. How is the stock setup? Any others out there had similar problems? Just now finished putting on the rear shock tower. Any thing else I should look out for when continuing assembly?
tony montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 11:49 AM   #1357
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Officially, there is no hollow 2 speed shaft for the 705... If you find it, it would be custom made.

I think either nizee or punisher has the titanium 2 speed shaft from War Party Racing or something like that.

I actually had a 2 speed hollow shaft meant for the Impulse that I converted to that I could use it on the 705. All mounting positions are the same except the position of the hole for the pin that locks the 2 speed clutchbell is different for the 705 and the Impulse. The problem is drilling an extra 3mm hole on a shaft
Just got one of the them, all I have to say it make a lot of differences, very light.
Ducati998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 03:13 PM   #1358
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Accord

I've seen a LOT of people in this thread have purple fuel tubing on their 705's. Can you please tell me where you got it? Does anyone know of any online stores that have purple fuel tubing in stock?

Thanks!
Accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 03:43 PM   #1359
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Smile

Quote:
YES, War Party Racing is the one with a titanium 2speed shaft.
Jack Barnnet is the guys name who makes them and also came out with titanium mid shaft, hing pins, and piviot balls!!

Soon he will be making these shaft hollow....even lighter!!!
PUNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 05:32 PM   #1360
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by tony montana
Well guys I finally broke down and bought the 705 yesterday. I must say the directions are not to great, good pictures but thats about it. I hope the performance is better than the assembly. Having trouble with binding suspension, holes not drilled in the plastic parts. Got it for a good price from my lhs for 339.00. How is the stock setup? Any others out there had similar problems? Just now finished putting on the rear shock tower. Any thing else I should look out for when continuing assembly?
The car is quite tight when new. Give it a couple of good runs and then strip down and rebuild. Everything will be just sweet and not sloppy.

The stock set up works fine allow a couple of tweeks are required for best performance.

Example. Get rid of the 7mm spacer between the rear hub and upper wishbones. Replace it with a 4mm spacer. Serpent dont sell these for the 705 so if you have an Impulse Street Spec use them. If not just use a couple of 2mm bearings like I do. (The 7mm spacer only works with the GTP/Lola body were the downforce and grip are vast compared to the TC shells.
Dont put on the front anti-roll bar until after you complete the car and follow the steps for set up. You will end up removing half the front end of the car to get it off otherwise.
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 07:32 PM   #1361
Tech Adept

Unhappy 2 speed hollow shaft!!

Guys,,

I was looking in MYTSN Products search ,, and the Part # ser9632 2 speed shaft hollow ,, seems to be discontinued, It's that true?? or Serpent USA got some of them I get the number from the Ashford's site, should I call them for availability in there,, ?? ,,

Please any help?
Old 05-11-2003, 07:34 PM   #1362
Tech Regular

i was just wondering if any of you guys were planning on selling your car... if so please tell me..... i've come to a conclusion that canadian hobby stores over price waaaaay to much so im trying to get one from the us marked as under 60 bucks value so i dont get duties... it'll save me about 150 bucks can....
supra528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 07:50 PM   #1363
Tech Adept

supra528:
if you are interested in buying the kit new, contact anthony orillo at [email protected]. he is in chicago. i am also canadian and looked south to get the kit for cheaper. anthony is extremely trustworthy and has good prices. now that the us dollar is diving, the exchange rate makes the kit even cheaper if you buy from the states. he also has good prices on engines.
chachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 07:52 PM   #1364
Tech Prophet

Default Re: 2 speed hollow shaft!!

Quote:
Originally posted by paulfitipauldi
Guys,,

I was looking in MYTSN Products search ,, and the Part # ser9632 2 speed shaft hollow ,, seems to be discontinued, It's that true?? or Serpent USA got some of them I get the number from the Ashford's site, should I call them for availability in there,, ?? ,,

Please any help?
I notice them too when I checked it out. I don't know why they are discontinuing it. In my LHS, I think there are one or two left. Most from old stocks. Just try and call and perhaps they would have some.

Mytsn may label the part discontinued but I think sometimes, Serpent factory still has them in stock. Just not in production. Same goes for the fixed pinions on the old Centax clutchbell

Anyway, I think somebody from Serpent just recently wrote that the reason why they did not come out with hollow 2 speed shafts is because MS thought that it will compromise reliability. And I thought somebody from Serpent also mentioned that these shafts were made by an old man and now he's already retired

But heck, I think the 9632 hollow shaft is WAY harder than the stock. Especially the stock 2 speed shaft on the 705. They are way too soft and brittle.
Old 05-11-2003, 08:10 PM   #1365
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by modellor
Example. Get rid of the 7mm spacer between the rear hub and upper wishbones. Replace it with a 4mm spacer. Serpent dont sell these for the 705 so if you have an Impulse Street Spec use them. If not just use a couple of 2mm bearings like I do. (The 7mm spacer only works with the GTP/Lola body were the downforce and grip are vast compared to the TC shells.
Dont put on the front anti-roll bar until after you complete the car and follow the steps for set up. You will end up removing half the front end of the car to get it off otherwise.
The 7 mm spacer will make the rear car end loose as this option will give the car better steering. I think the 7 mm spacer makes the rear roll center high. A smaller spacer will not be too extreme as it will be somewhere in the middle.

Somebody here (Scott Hendrikson??) tried to use the 7 mm spacer with the rear floating mount (808150) by modifying the link to allow the 7mm spacer to be fitted. It was mentioned that the amount of steering and rear traction was tremendous. The max spacing you can use with the rear floating mount is 3 mm.

So theoretically, GTP/Lola type body shells benefit from the 7 mm spacer but they cannot be mounted without some modifications as the rear floating mount gets in the way. There is an article by Milko Tenthof at mytsn sometime back. Read the Tallk Back also.

http://www.mytsn.com/publ/publ.asp?pid=5202