R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-16-2003, 08:49 PM   #1156
Tech Initiate

Default Severe Glitching

Guys I have this severe intermittent glitch whenever my car go pass by a lamp pole. I have changed my Rx and crystal am sure that all batt are fully charged and no loose metal part and all servo are mounted on that cushion (I forget what they call that thing) but problem persist. Could this problem overcomed ?
khyber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 08:52 PM   #1157
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by modellor
Maybe you could send us over a couple of your $120 servos. That wouldnt even look at a good KO Fet over here. Same goes for a tire truer. You got to remember that what you guys pay in dollars we pay the same in pounds and at $1.60 - 1.00 thats a brave hike in dollar price.
Then you should go RC shopping over in this region or in HK. They are like USD 90 for those 2144 and 2143 servos... If you happen to be there (not likely so with all the scare), you can even get those servos cheaper.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 08:52 PM   #1158
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by nizee
Its almost cost the same after u add the shipping cost. Did that.
Yup... That is why we are kinda "fortunate" over here that the trend is now starting to go with foams... That kinda pushes the prices down a little. Foams were like nearly two times more than what it use to cost now.

Used to be that rubber tires were the order of the day... Not until recently.
Old 04-16-2003, 11:40 PM   #1159
Tech Regular

modellor, I feel for you, I get my KO:s in HK, normally around USD 65-70 for a 2143.... I'd have to really shop around to find a servo for 120 there.

As for foams from HK, the shipping I have paid has come in at around 1.6 USD, complete with cost of tires, that would put me at around 9 USD per pair, still al lot better than USD 17-18 that was the order of the day in the US last season. This year it is looking better, 12-14 USD, so I might decide to revert back to buying in the US, support your local.... kind of deal. My preference is always to buy locally, but pricing needs to be within reason still. (and parts need to be in stock and hobby shop operator need to be a nice guy, I refuse to give my money to someone I don't like regardless of how cheap he will sell me) I wish more hobby stores would realise that.

Khyber: try a different frequency. If you are positive the car works everywhere except around that lamp pole, it is very likely there is some interference on your frequency. a differnt frequency should solve the problem.
fmolzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 11:58 PM   #1160
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by fmolzer
modellor, I feel for you, I get my KO:s in HK, normally around USD 65-70 for a 2143.... I'd have to really shop around to find a servo for 120 there.
Woow, mind sharing where in HK can you get 2143 servos at that pricing? Thanks.
Old 04-17-2003, 12:17 AM   #1161
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to mike_Webb

InitialD--

http://controlcentre.rctech.net/hp/servos.htm

and I know you can get them cheaper..but it has been too long since I bought mine over a year ago.

Also about tires. I ordered 40 Pair from that place last year. SHipping was $25 to me in DC. You do the math..I think it came out to about $7.65 per pair for the rear and $8.25 per pair for the Front if I remember correctly. To bad those tires do not work very well for Electric Carpet racing....but for Nitro they work great.

40Shore Fronts and 38 shore Rears on my NTC3.

Last edited by mike_Webb; 04-17-2003 at 12:24 AM.
mike_Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 12:29 AM   #1162
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default Re: Severe Glitching

Quote:
Originally posted by khyber
Guys I have this severe intermittent glitch whenever my car go pass by a lamp pole. I have changed my Rx and crystal am sure that all batt are fully charged and no loose metal part and all servo are mounted on that cushion (I forget what they call that thing) but problem persist. Could this problem overcomed ?
I was having glitching problems until someone suggested putting your Rx in a bicycle tire inter tube. For some reason the thick black rubber acts as a shield and stopped all glitching problems that I had.
YANMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 12:42 AM   #1163
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by mike_Webb
InitialD--

http://controlcentre.rctech.net/hp/servos.htm

and I know you can get them cheaper..but it has been too long since I bought mine over a year ago.

Also about tires. I ordered 40 Pair from that place last year. SHipping was $25 to me in DC. You do the math..I think it came out to about $7.65 per pair for the rear and $8.25 per pair for the Front if I remember correctly. To bad those tires do not work very well for Electric Carpet racing....but for Nitro they work great.

40Shore Fronts and 38 shore Rears on my NTC3.
Hey Mike, how's the NTC3? Still keeping the Impulse?

Yes, I remember that website and I also remembered your story on the 40 tires

I was a little skeptical on the servo pricing. USD 65 to 70 is cheap. Control Centre quotes late USD 80s excluding shipping.

Anyway, the problem with ordering tires in bulk is that if you order the wrong shores, then you're done... Besides, if you play on different tracks, you would probably require different types of shores...
Old 04-17-2003, 01:28 AM   #1164
Tech Elite

I am out of Nitro all together now...had a nasty skin infection from the Nitro on my hands.

Well luckily for me the Tires worked everywhere I went. I did have to change my setup on some tracks but it was nothing drastic. I ended up selling about 10 pair on here since one guy decided to not go in with me on it after I had ordered it. He changed his mind after about 3 weeks of racing and plunking down $20 a pair for tires at the track but I would not sell him the tires.

3 guys at my local track I think went in together and bought the tires this time around... They should be getting them soon. The funny thing is when they get them they are putting them in a plastic bag and sanatizing the bag for SARS

Mike
Old 04-17-2003, 02:41 AM   #1165
Tech Prophet

Mike, sorry to hear about the skin problems... Hope it gets well enough for you to try out the 705

Ever tried out other brands of fuel and test to see if you're ellergic to it? It could be due to some other additives...

Anyway, this SARS thing is pretty serious... It's apparently more dangerous than AIDS. With AIDS, you get to live a little longer (maybe even a few years) before you finally die... With SARS, it'll be over in a week. Also unlike AIDS, you can get SARS by touching.
Old 04-17-2003, 03:04 AM   #1166
Tech Elite

Yeah.. I have tried 4 different fuels...same thing happens

I could always wear rubber gloves .... but I will get my butt kicked because I look like a freak hahahahahahha.

Yeah..this SARS thing is not good. Hopefully they will get it under control.

I saw a 705...looks really nice...
Old 04-17-2003, 03:27 AM   #1167
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by mike_Webb
I saw a 705...looks really nice...

Sorry that you were tempted... or rather me having tempted you
Old 04-17-2003, 10:00 AM   #1168
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to nizee

Quote:
Originally posted by modellor
Maybe you could send us over a couple of your $120 servos. That wouldnt even look at a good KO Fet over here. Same goes for a tire truer. You got to remember that what you guys pay in dollars we pay the same in pounds and at $1.60 - 1.00 thats a brave hike in dollar price.

But in saying that, I do have all the tools and gadgets (set up stations, tire truers, etc). I'll use the truer at the track if necessary but at home I have the gigs sitting ready and it is easier for me to use than unpacking lots of bags to get everything out.
If we are bless and fortunate to be given a "Permanent track" OR/WITH smooth "regularly maintain" surface, maybe i have second thought of getting the truer.
Imagine this, chase out the car in the parking lot to layout the race every weekend, if we LUCKY those car don't leave any sands/etc from whatever they travel on, a lil bit of bumb here & there...etc. Can't imagine how my tires live with it.
nizee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 10:41 AM   #1169
Tech Regular

InitalD, shores is no problem, I usually get 8 pairs of 37:s for low traction surfaces, 12 pairs of 40:s and 10 pairs of 42;s the usage on the different surfaces I race on seems to even that out pretty well. This being the rear. Then I buy 10 pairs of front 40:s and 10 front 42:s This keeps me going for quite a while.
fmolzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 10:43 AM   #1170
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to nizee
Default Re: Severe Glitching

Quote:
Originally posted by khyber
You have a devil behind that lamp pole !! LOL
Just kidding.

Things to check :-
1) Check if your receiver antenna wire is not broken or antenna wire is expose in the middle or near the Rx. Seal it up
2) Make sure the receiver antenna wire is not wrap around carbon fiber or near to engine/servo.
3) Carbon Fiber to Metal/screws/etc. Make sure they are tighten, anything lose will cause it to rub each other and cause a glitch.
4) Exhaust system connections/cracks/worn out couplers
5) Loose/dirty connections at Rx, extensions, switch, etc.
6) Battery pack and/or connections
7) Routing of servo leads
8) Dirty, worn, or dry bearings

Recommendation :-
1) Try to make your receiver have less vibration. Put 2 layers double sided form tape between the Rx and the mount.
2) You might want to shrink wrap your Rx.
3) Pour your fuel carefully not to spill around the Rx or NOT to spill to much.
4) Change Battery.
5) Change Frequency (change the crystal) both Tx and Rx.

Theory:-

Vibration noise may cause resonant frequency, expecially at the crystal mounting side. The reason why you should shrink wrap or use any wrap is to hold the crystal in place and prevent it from un-necessary movement. The double sided form also helps in absorbing those vibration. Resonant frequency develop in vibration at crstal side which will cause to produce different frequency waveband, hence will give false/miss pulse wave in the signal. In other word, if u are using FM receiver, u lose control of the car for a moment of time and if PCM it will lock for a moment. You might want to notice at that lamp pole, are you letting the car running straight during full trottle, making a corners? Usually this happen during full on power trottle where the engine will create a lot of vibration. If it during turning, then you might want to check your servo or change it. It does happen to me that the servo was bad. How this happen was that this servo was drawing so much current that it should from my battery (servo not biding or whatsoever) that it pull down the ideal working voltage on the receiver, which is almost equal to low battery, even though i have it fully charge.

Last edited by nizee; 04-17-2003 at 12:41 PM.
nizee is offline   Reply With Quote