R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-06-2003, 06:18 PM   #1006
Tech Adept

Which Sanwa servo?

Hi!

Im most likely ordering a 705 this week. Im planing on getting a Sanwa (Airtronics) servo for steering. My concern is which one to get.

EGR-VR (analog, 0.07 and 8.0 kg) or EGR-WR (digital, 0,07 and 8.2 kg). The WR is digital and .2 kg for just 10 more. Am Im missing something or should I go with the WR?

Johan
johan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 08:19 PM   #1007
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Which Sanwa servo?

Quote:
Originally posted by johan
Hi!

Im most likely ordering a 705 this week. Im planing on getting a Sanwa (Airtronics) servo for steering. My concern is which one to get.

EGR-VR (analog, 0.07 and 8.0 kg) or EGR-WR (digital, 0,07 and 8.2 kg). The WR is digital and .2 kg for just 10 more. Am Im missing something or should I go with the WR?

Johan
Like nizee mentioned, use a digital servo (WR) for the steering. The throttle / brake servo can be analog. That gives a perfect balance as it will be easy on the battery and also on the pocket (slightly less cash for the analog). Digital servos tend to drain more current and this can make the car have less time for a fully charged receiver pack. If you can get the VB servos, then that'll be great for throttle / brake servo as it is rated at 13kg

With Sanwa / Airtronics, I believe you can install the steering servos as per the instruction in the 705 manual. Those of us with other servos have to install the steering servo linkages reversed...

BTW, what Tx/Rx are you running? M8?
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 08:38 PM   #1008
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by rc-racer
Hey PUNISHER I'll trade you my loot for your loot

nizee - I have both the PCM and HRS receivers. I run a KO Propo 2143fet digital servo in my electric car and was thinking of getting another for the 705. I wasn't sure about the throttle servo, I'll think about what you said.
The 2143 is one of the fastest servo out there. So it is good for steering. If you are inclined to get a digital servo for the throttle / brake, then the 2144 is rated at 13kg. The 2143 is also not bad for throttle / brake duty. The analog equivalent of the 2144 is the 2174 which is rated at 12 kg. Still strong but the analog uses less current.

Just remember NOT to run any analog servos on the HRS receiver...
Old 04-06-2003, 08:41 PM   #1009
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by it
Nova mega MS SX .12 $200 to $220 - Make sure u get a MS for some reason its just better performance. There are legal and non Roar legal from M.S.
The MS versions have larger inlet on the crankshaft and perhaps different crank timings.
Old 04-06-2003, 08:49 PM   #1010
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Ducati998
Ferrari of R/C's, I totally agree with you!! For engine I would say if you can finds one the Novamega sx .12 Ms version. Pipe I'm not sure, but for servos I would go for Ko Propo digital servos.
You can get the RDLogics inline pipe. Cheap and from the feedback from other people who have used them, they are sweet and it works.

You can also get the NovaMega 2690 inline pipe. Although it's meant for a .15 engine, they fit on the .12 engines. They are constantly being used by Team Serpent in all international races.

You can also use the NomaMega's TP05 inline pipe. There are 2 versions the EFRA (2185) and the Outlaw (2186) versions.

Else, if you cannot get any pipe at the top, you can go for the Novarossi inline pipe (51604).

You will notice that I have a tendency to go for the inline type of pipes because they have fixed length (no headaches) and the manifold is harder to come off in a race unlike the conventional 2 piece pipe and manifold.
Old 04-06-2003, 08:55 PM   #1011
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by taz5176
hi guys, i got problems wif braking
whenever i hit the brakes, the rear tend to spin to the right.
am i too hard on the brakes?
btw, i new wif 705
If you're using one way front diff, just make sure you that your brakes are not set to lock the rear wheels. Dial it down as per the instructions given by it...

One of the ways to avoid the rear spinning is out is to give 2 or 3 short taps to your brakes a few times when you need to slow the car down. You can set and use the "ABS" function if your Tx/Rx permits it but then again, they tend to wear out the servo faster...

If all the above is done and still the car has a tendency to spin to to the right (all the time) when you brake, then check the tweak...
Old 04-06-2003, 09:04 PM   #1012
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

ammdrew
I just put my Impulse on the track today. (BTW, I'm the guy that got his VoneR ripped last week)
My Impulse is a StreetSpec
I noticed that as soon as I come off power, if I touch the brakes, the back wants to slide.
Is this the same situation as the last request for help?
I dialed out all brake on the radio.
If I went into a turn under full power, the car held fast, strange?
Is this a bit of a droop thing?
coastaltony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 12:19 AM   #1013
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by coastaltony
ammdrew
I just put my Impulse on the track today. (BTW, I'm the guy that got his VoneR ripped last week)
I noticed that as soon as I come off power, if I touch the brakes, the back wants to slide.
You mean the rear is OK when you throttle around the corner but not when you hit the brakes?

My guess is probably the rear droop. Make sure they are set equal left and right.
Old 04-07-2003, 03:43 AM   #1014
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Droop or to stiff a rear diff
sparksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 05:20 AM   #1015
Tech Adept

Smile

Thanks for the response InitialD

Quote:
With Sanwa / Airtronics, I believe you can install the steering servos as per the instruction in the 705 manual. Those of us with other servos have to install the steering servo linkages reversed...
That was the idea and the fact that they are relatively affordable at my dealer.

Quote:
BTW, what Tx/Rx are you running? M8?
Im currently using a lynx3d with a DCX Receiver. Im not currently planning on gettting a new rx/tx combo. Im most likely buying a new rx however... Since am buying lots of other stuff for my 705, i will settle for my 3d. I will consult with the local "radio guru" however.

Johan

Last edited by johan; 04-07-2003 at 07:14 AM.
Old 04-07-2003, 06:07 AM   #1016
Tech Adept

Exclamation

And btw.... Im most likely getting a (2105T) NovaMega 3-P Race Turbo (non MS), and a tp05 pipe set (2185).

Any comments?
Old 04-07-2003, 07:14 AM   #1017
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
ammdrew
take out a mm of rear droop, and if needed, add 1 mm of rear toe. you will gain some push with the toe, but for most it is much more comforting to drive, taking out the drrop will not allow as much weight to transfer as you come in the corner and the car will feel more planted, also the rear will not unweight and slide around......

make sure your tweak is good,
ammdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 07:24 AM   #1018
Tech Elite

InitialD
That is correct.
The first few laps the car slid out at the end of a straight, going into a corner, while I was applying brakes.
After 3 laps I just throttled thru the corners and the car handled fine.
Going thru the infield was fine.
Old 04-07-2003, 10:27 AM   #1019
Tech Elite

I have 1.5 toe in the rear, will try 2
I am ordering a tire truer today.
My choices are the Ofna Auto 110v, or one of the Cobras. Anyone have any advise or tips?
Old 04-07-2003, 11:15 AM   #1020
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
I have 1.5 toe in the rear, will try 2
I am ordering a tire truer today.
My choices are the Ofna Auto 110v, or one of the Cobras. Anyone have any advise or tips?
I think most will steer you toward the Ofna. I have used both and would say the Ofna is better in every area. I personally have an Integy truer and for the price I don't think it can be beat. My 2 cents
J_Longbrake is offline   Reply With Quote