R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-04-2003, 11:04 PM   #991
Tech Adept
 
rc-racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Toronto, Ontario Canada
Posts: 166
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Excellent, thanks for the links guys!

PUNISHER - The quality, YES! I couldn't stop drooling . My wife says, another car I say this is not just another car, this is like the Ferrari of RC's... I can't wait to put it together.

Now I have to start thinking engine, pipe, servo's what are some recommendations?

I'll be sure to post some pics when I have it built.
rc-racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 11:15 PM   #992
Tech Regular
 
Ducati998's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Colorado
Posts: 289
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by rc-racer
Excellent, thanks for the links guys!

PUNISHER - The quality, YES! I couldn't stop drooling . My wife says, another car I say this is not just another car, this is like the Ferrari of RC's... I can't wait to put it together.

Now I have to start thinking engine, pipe, servo's what are some recommendations?

I'll be sure to post some pics when I have it built.
Ferrari of R/C's, I totally agree with you!! For engine I would say if you can finds one the Novamega sx .12 Ms version. Pipe I'm not sure, but for servos I would go for Ko Propo digital servos.
Ducati998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 01:51 AM   #993
Tech Regular
 
taz5176's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 271
Default

hi guys, i got problems wif braking
whenever i hit the brakes, the rear tend to spin to the right.
am i too hard on the brakes?
btw, i new wif 705
taz5176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 06:51 AM   #994
it
Tech Regular
 
it's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Bolingbrook
Posts: 389
Send a message via AIM to it
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by rc-racer
Excellent, thanks for the links guys!

PUNISHER - The quality, YES! I couldn't stop drooling . My wife says, another car I say this is not just another car, this is like the Ferrari of RC's... I can't wait to put it together.

Now I have to start thinking engine, pipe, servo's what are some recommendations?

I'll be sure to post some pics when I have it built.

.12


Nova mega MS SX .12 $200 to $220 - Make sure u get a MS for some reason its just better performance. There are legal and non Roar legal from M.S.


Novarossi Rs 12 S3 or S5 $200 to $220- Facts from my experience, for some reason I had better performance and consistency w/ my Novarossi compare to all of my motors including Mega, RB, Picco, and Sirio. Novarossi motors were just really fits for my drving and I am just not sure why because all of those motors were Novarossi based except the Sirio It was easier to tune and non temperimental.

Novarossi is just my choice. If u want to go overboard get the JP modified Novarossi ($300 to $350). I do not advice this because its too much cash and u might not see the power unless u go to a bigger track.


RB x.12 $200 - Good motors and very easy to find parts.Again, If u want to go overboard There is a Modified Rody .12 (do not recommend becasuse its too much cash $300 to $325).


Sirio .12 $175 Cheap and easy to tune quick and fast good motor.


STS $140- Very cheap. Just hard to find parts. Unless trinity will distribute a lot of parts here in the US. Made from taiwan, but I have not seen it run except for the .15 in the Worl Ifmar TC 1/10 235 class


Collari innotech xt12 $200 Very fast, one of the fastest motors I saw in the track. Probably, it was just the driver. I just cannot believe the power of the car w/ this motor.

The car was a V one rr w/ Kawahara Centax w/ this motor. This one I saw and notice a great H.P. I do not have one of this, but wants to get one to test it.


Hope this helps
it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 06:54 AM   #995
it
Tech Regular
 
it's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Bolingbrook
Posts: 389
Send a message via AIM to it
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by taz5176
hi guys, i got problems wif braking
whenever i hit the brakes, the rear tend to spin to the right.
am i too hard on the brakes?
btw, i new wif 705

2 ways to decrease the brakes.


1. On the transmiter: go to throttle and just look for brake adjsutments.

If u have the KO it should be just right hand side of the steering wheel.


2. Manually, adjust the brake linkages. Unscew and take some of fuel line ur just lossend the link.
it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 07:09 AM   #996
Tech Regular
 
taz5176's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 271
Default

so ease on the brakes will reduce the spin out?
taz5176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 07:41 AM   #997
it
Tech Regular
 
it's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Bolingbrook
Posts: 389
Send a message via AIM to it
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by taz5176
so ease on the brakes will reduce the spin out?
Exactly!!!!! it should not spin @ all.
it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 07:41 AM   #998
Tech Adept
 
paulfitipauldi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: PUERTO RICO
Posts: 213
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by taz5176
so ease on the brakes will reduce the spin out?
you should check your chassis tweak too! Initial D gives a very good explanation about chassis tweak in the early pages of this tread , just check it out and do it a very meticoulus way,, it is very important when using the oneway and aplying the brakes!!,
also you could check in the instruccion manual page 30 step 8, checking for suspencion tweak!! hope this helps a little!!

ciao!!
paulfitipauldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 06:35 PM   #999
Tech Adept
 
rc-racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Toronto, Ontario Canada
Posts: 166
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Well guys I did some shoping today. Check out my loot!

I took it's advice and went with the Novarossi RS-12 S3 . Now I just need servos, and a starter box.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg my loot.jpg (56.8 KB, 98 views)
rc-racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 07:20 PM   #1000
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: TEXAS. USA
Posts: 1,219
Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Exclamation

nice loot!!

HERE IS MINE........


PUNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 07:57 PM   #1001
Tech Regular
 
supra528's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: T-Dot/Vancouver-Whistler
Posts: 454
Default

hehe...... 1000posts.... i just had to do that
supra528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 08:34 PM   #1002
Company Representative
 
ammdrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 10,599
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

if you just can not get the car to stop spinning under braking, take a mm of rear droop out..... if at 7 go to 8.....
ammdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 08:46 PM   #1003
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 358
Send a message via ICQ to nizee
Default

If i got the approval from my wife, I would get the Rossi Pixy, if not gotta beg for STS RS3. Same replica as JP. You can get the parts for STS from CRC racings.
www.teamcrc.com



Quote:
Originally posted by it
.12


Nova mega MS SX .12 $200 to $220 - Make sure u get a MS for some reason its just better performance. There are legal and non Roar legal from M.S.


Novarossi Rs 12 S3 or S5 $200 to $220- Facts from my experience, for some reason I had better performance and consistency w/ my Novarossi compare to all of my motors including Mega, RB, Picco, and Sirio. Novarossi motors were just really fits for my drving and I am just not sure why because all of those motors were Novarossi based except the Sirio It was easier to tune and non temperimental.

Novarossi is just my choice. If u want to go overboard get the JP modified Novarossi ($300 to $350). I do not advice this because its too much cash and u might not see the power unless u go to a bigger track.


RB x.12 $200 - Good motors and very easy to find parts.Again, If u want to go overboard There is a Modified Rody .12 (do not recommend becasuse its too much cash $300 to $325).


Sirio .12 $175 Cheap and easy to tune quick and fast good motor.


STS $140- Very cheap. Just hard to find parts. Unless trinity will distribute a lot of parts here in the US. Made from taiwan, but I have not seen it run except for the .15 in the Worl Ifmar TC 1/10 235 class


Collari innotech xt12 $200 Very fast, one of the fastest motors I saw in the track. Probably, it was just the driver. I just cannot believe the power of the car w/ this motor.

The car was a V one rr w/ Kawahara Centax w/ this motor. This one I saw and notice a great H.P. I do not have one of this, but wants to get one to test it.


Hope this helps
nizee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 08:54 PM   #1004
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 358
Send a message via ICQ to nizee
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by rc-racer
Well guys I did some shoping today. Check out my loot!

I took it's advice and went with the Novarossi RS-12 S3 . Now I just need servos, and a starter box.
I saw you got yourself a 3PK, if you got the HRS receiver, you must use the digital servo, if u got PCM any servo will do. ONLY IF POSSIBLE, do get a fast digital servo for your steering and a normal servo for your throttle, unless you got so much cash to spend, then get a high speed high torque servo for the throttle.

IN MY OPINION, a digital on the steering is good since they have good dead centering features compare to analog. This is just my opinion, i know some "Indian Chief" in here wound't agree.
nizee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 09:32 PM   #1005
Tech Adept
 
rc-racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Toronto, Ontario Canada
Posts: 166
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hey PUNISHER I'll trade you my loot for your loot

nizee - I have both the PCM and HRS receivers. I run a KO Propo 2143fet digital servo in my electric car and was thinking of getting another for the 705. I wasn't sure about the throttle servo, I'll think about what you said.
rc-racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 710 Ron C. Nitro On-Road 23347 03-16-2010 02:47 PM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Serpent 835 JFCJ R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-20-2005 09:29 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:10 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net