R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-07-2002, 05:36 AM   #76
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to David

Quote:
Originally posted by EuroKRN
Speaking of rumors, anyone heard anything about an Impact to 835 upgrade kit?
our distributor says there going to be a update kit too make the impact into an 835, but you wont get the new centex or 2 speed in the kit
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 08:12 AM   #77
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Has anyone tried the Xray front steering blocks and CVD's in the front of their impulse? I just bought an Xray and the CVD's seem very thin compared to Serpent bones, almost half the thickness. I keep seeing Ralph Burch running them on his TC (Impulse and now 705), but I wonder about the durability?
J_Longbrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 08:17 PM   #78
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by JBrake
Has anyone tried the Xray front steering blocks and CVD's in the front of their impulse? I just bought an Xray and the CVD's seem very thin compared to Serpent bones, almost half the thickness. I keep seeing Ralph Burch running them on his TC (Impulse and now 705), but I wonder about the durability?
The stock CVDs of the XRay are thin and weak. Well, less in weight but also less in durability. If you're Ralph Burch, you probably can afford less durability for more savings in weight

Anyway, there is an optional 305215 which is the stronger Spring Steel Front Wheel Axle to replace the 305210.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 08:56 PM   #79
Tech Master

Hi guys, I'm planning to play GP and would like to go with 705.

I wanted to know if serpent likes to make this and that option parts just like Xray did (which I think they are not mature yet for holding the design philosophy but they are absolutely knows how to make a good quality products).

Thanks for any info or opinion.
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 10:01 PM   #80
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyramid
Hi guys, I'm planning to play GP and would like to go with 705.

I wanted to know if serpent likes to make this and that option parts just like Xray did (which I think they are not mature yet for holding the design philosophy but they are absolutely knows how to make a good quality products).

Thanks for any info or opinion.
Well, I think the Serpent Impulse (or the 705 for that matter) has a fare share of hop up parts made by Serpent although it is not as terrible as the MTX-2 or the V1RR where lots of hop ups parts from 3r party vendors... I think there's too many things that these 3rd party vendors are doing... The XRay on the other hand makes people very confused. Also too many hop up stuff. They are top class but expensive. That's my opinion.

Anyway, for the Impulse or the 705, you can fit in parts from the bigger Impact and Vector cars although it is not "official" hop up part from Serpent for the Impulse. Then again, if you look at the 705, lots of the enhancements are carried from the Impact car (which were not "official" hop up parts for the Impulse PRO), so much so that when (and if ever) the 705 comes out, it doesn't need that much hop up...
Old 12-11-2002, 11:29 PM   #81
Tech Master

InitialD, thanks for sharing. That's what I tough about 705 too eventhough I never tough of hop up details from the other series. Looking by the looks, the car should be ok out of the box.

I realize parts would be expensive but I think we all know that R/C is an expensive hobby anyway.
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 06:09 AM   #82
Tech Master

InitialD, I have been running the spring steel bones and really have no complaints with their performance. The nice thing about the Xray steering blocks is 26mm GRP foams fit with no shaving and they cost about half of what a Serpent steering block does. Our local track is pipe style track, so you are bound to pull a block over the pivot balls eventually.
Old 12-12-2002, 10:50 PM   #83
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by JBrake
InitialD, I have been running the spring steel bones and really have no complaints with their performance. The nice thing about the Xray steering blocks is 26mm GRP foams fit with no shaving and they cost about half of what a Serpent steering block does. Our local track is pipe style track, so you are bound to pull a block over the pivot balls eventually.
JBrake, you're right about the rims not rubbing on the XRay steering blocks...

But then again, is it worth USD 70 to convert the front drivetrain to XRay CVDs? Do you break enough steering knuckles to warrant that kind of savings? That's a thought...
Old 12-13-2002, 06:43 AM   #84
Tech Master

Initial D, probably not, but since I have just bought an Xray that has enough parts to build at least one more set of front suspension parts. Worried about money? I race an Xray and a Serpent?
Old 12-13-2002, 06:47 AM   #85
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

yeah, anything made for his car, JBrake will buy at least 3 of. It's the racer's way.
pimpedaccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2002, 06:56 AM   #86
Tech Apprentice

Smile Got my 705 next week

Finally got an e-mail today from my LHS : Next week my ordered 705 will be delivered !!! It is part of the first batch of 705 which will be distributed next week. Oooooh I am so curious.......

When I got it i'll post pictures of the box.......
herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2002, 07:29 AM   #87
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

the xray front arms settle the car down a bit, it causes a sliht roll center changw and the car goes through the corners differnt, sometimes better sometimes not, but they are definatly not as strong, even the spring steel bends, but most off you have a bit more maintanece with the xray( the plastic things wear off etc) 705 should be avalable in 3 to 5 days.. average price is 360 usd..... upgrade kits are supposse to be out end of january, cost around 100. usd
ammdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2002, 10:07 PM   #88
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Talking Re: Got my 705 next week

Quote:
Originally posted by herb
Finally got an e-mail today from my LHS : Next week my ordered 705 will be delivered !!! It is part of the first batch of 705 which will be distributed next week. Oooooh I am so curious.......

You are very LUCKY to live in the home land of the Serpent!!

PUNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2002, 11:41 PM   #89
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to eddiethefish
Default Re: Got my 705 next week

Quote:
Originally posted by herb

Please let us see the pics of your new car, when you're done.
eddiethefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 08:50 AM   #90
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Re: Got my 705 next week

Quote:
Originally posted by PUNISHER
You are very LUCKY to live in the home land of the Serpent!!

Yep, indeed my LHS picks them up at the factory. The second nice thing we have here is that our local track is situated 2 kilometers from the Serpent factory. So Serpent uses our track as their testtrack for new models and improvements. So we are almost the first who have a sneak preview (if we drive mid-week) of all their nice new products...... This is off course not always the case.

I'll post the pictures of the box when I have it on Wednesday...
herb is offline   Reply With Quote