R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-09-2003, 09:54 PM   #601
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: SERPENT HATERS

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Are you driving Serpent cars? If you did, you would know how it performs.

And being an owner, how would you like it that the company comes out with a new car all the time and makes your current car obselete?
First, i did not say Serpent is coming out a new 1/10th tourer 'now'...!!! Read my lips, i said 'its just a matter of time'for the new 1/10 to come....i never say anything about the date, right?
yea...i truly understand how a serpent perform....i drove my brother's Pro for quite some time now.....
for this reason, my brother sold his Pro right after the release of 705 b'cos he was very disappointed with Serpent of not able to release a whole NEW car kit after several years since the debut of Impulse.
Of course as an owner, i would love to see NEW products to be released by manufaturers after 3-4 years...for me, i will not likely to drive a car that last for more than 4 years....buying all the parts to replace would cost more especially for Serpent where parts are sold individually and expensive! When all the money saved in a hope to experience and see a NEW car to be born, darn....its the same car again!!! but this time with lots more goodies...i just want something new from Serpent 1/10th production line....
D, for me, i just cant drive the same Car for 4 years or more with only minor changes where all other guys are driving New Technology....in short, perhaps Serpent is too timid to release a whole New 1/10th tourer b'cos they are afraid of the mistake as in the Veteq....
RClover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 10:08 PM   #602
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by JUN
I agree with most of your points there initial D except for the veteq and 950.What really pissed off veteq owners was not just the car being discontinued but that serpent actually had the intent of bringing out the 950(and designed it)even while they were telling us that the veteq was still going to be worked on and improved and was still the elite 1/8 car,it was clear deception on there part.
You brought up a point which I cannot comment. I don't own a Veteq and I can only guess how former Veteq owners like your goodself felt. Then again, the subject on Veteq has been beaten to death and besides and this is a 705 forum. Let us keep to discussing this then.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 10:29 PM   #603
JUN
Tech Adept

Agreed!
JUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 11:03 PM   #604
Tech Prophet

RClover, no matter what we say I don't think you'll be convinced or make you accept and understand what we have written or going to write. Not even if MS had to do it himself on this forum To each his own...

It's pretty clear that the Serpent car is not for you then. It's true that it is a mundane car with no exciting things to look to. And if you get the 705 now, you'd probably be starring at the same design for 4 more years... I can only imagine how difficult it would be for people like you. It doesn't have a radical new show stopper design every now and then and doesn't garner the ooohs and ahhhs of certain people in the industry and RC car magazines like RC Car Action.

Heck, come to think of it, the reason why RC Car Action has not or not going to publish a review of the 705 because it's the same thing... Might as well repost the review article made last year for the Impulse PRO and just change the title from Impulse PRO to 705...

All in good faith, I think you'd be better off with the V1RR, MTX-3 or the NTC3. Honestly, they are good competitive racing cars with lots of changes and 3rd party hop ups to make your car stronger and different all the time. Thanks for your time here and happy racing
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 05:47 AM   #605
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
RClover, no matter what we say I don't think you'll be convinced or make you accept and understand what we have written or going to write. Not even if MS had to do it himself on this forum To each his own...

It's pretty clear that the Serpent car is not for you then. It's true that it is a mundane car with no exciting things to look to. And if you get the 705 now, you'd probably be starring at the same design for 4 more years... I can only imagine how difficult it would be for people like you. It doesn't have a radical new show stopper design every now and then and doesn't garner the ooohs and ahhhs of certain people in the industry and RC car magazines like RC Car Action.

Heck, come to think of it, the reason why RC Car Action has not or not going to publish a review of the 705 because it's the same thing... Might as well repost the review article made last year for the Impulse PRO and just change the title from Impulse PRO to 705...

All in good faith, I think you'd be better off with the V1RR, MTX-3 or the NTC3. Honestly, they are good competitive racing cars with lots of changes and 3rd party hop ups to make your car stronger and different all the time. Thanks for your time here and happy racing
i take my hat off to you being such a loyal Serpent fanatic who just cant accept the fact...
RClover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 07:48 AM   #606
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by RClover
i take my hat off to you being such a loyal Serpent fanatic who just cant accept the fact...
simple and straight to the point !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 09:23 AM   #607
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

RClover,
Dont hate because you dont have one!

Manticore,

now, thats simple and straight to the point !!
PUNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 09:33 AM   #608
Tech Master

Exclamation

Moving on......

Well, i drove the 705 on the track for the first time this weekend!!
WOW, what a smooth drivetrain this car has!!! It rolls into the corners faster and smoother then any other Serpent car i have drove!!!

I had one problem with the 705......
The bearing in the left bulkhead melted the 18t pulley to it!!
I learned that you have to have a washer between the pulley and bearing.
Old 03-10-2003, 10:19 AM   #609
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by PUNISHER
RClover,

Manticore,

what happened here...guys...
ahh..looks like some lunatics got pissed with the people not driving a 705...
what sort of attitude this guy has..!!!

Last edited by V-1-R; 03-10-2003 at 10:24 AM.
V-1-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 10:50 AM   #610
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by V-1-R
what happened here...guys...
ahh..looks like some lunatics got pissed with the people not driving a 705...
what sort of attitude this guy has..!!!
its simple and straight to the point too dude !
Old 03-10-2003, 10:53 AM   #611
Tech Champion

Quote:
RClover,

Manticore,

what else punisher? anything more more nasty? this is not nasty enough to shut my mouth kid !
Old 03-10-2003, 12:50 PM   #612
DSR
Tech Apprentice

Default Rear Diff. Question

I have a question I hope someone can answer.

I'm putting together the rear diff. section 3.3. In part 3 of section 3.3 it shows a snap ring. Where exactly does this go, and how does it fit? Also, do I need a snap ring tool to install this?

I would greatly appreciate some help with this.
DSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 01:02 PM   #613
Tech Master

Smile

Thanks for making this thread moving along DSR.

The snap ring fits in the very first grove inside the diff. donít push it in to far for the diff will become unloosen when running it!! Yes, snap ring tool will make this job easer but if you donít have one you can try sharp pointed needle nose pliers.

Last edited by PUNISHER; 03-10-2003 at 01:10 PM.
Old 03-10-2003, 01:12 PM   #614
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Punisher,

What are you running your clutch measurement at?
JJ187RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 01:29 PM   #615
DSR
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Thanks for making this thread moving along DSR.

The snap ring fits in the very first grove inside the diff. donít push it in to far for the diff will become unloosen when running it!! Yes, snap ring tool will make this job easer but if you donít have one you can try sharp pointed needle nose pliers.

Thanks Punisher,

So, I have to squeeze the snap ring inside the diff.? or does it go on the outside lip? It could just be me but, it seems the snap ring is just too big to fit inside the diff.

Also, how much grease is sufficient to apply to the thrust bearing?
DSR is offline   Reply With Quote