R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-07-2003, 08:01 PM   #571
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
You are right about this Paul. I believe even Andrew used the 17T 22T/47T conversion himself.
HEHEHE!!,, I think the same InitialD
paulfitipauldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 10:09 PM   #572
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

yes , in fact we went to the 17 a day before the serp guys did, but what i am trying to tell you, that at any level lower than what we were running, i e just big local race it would have made no diff, and get this also there is no straigt longer than maybe 100 ft at ftmyers, there is a sweeper into a straight, but that is entirely different, our local parkinglot stuff often gets longer straights.. withthe kicker in front of the stand ft myers was a very tight as in low speed track.... lots of accelerating, easy to drive hard to go fast....tons of brakes....

so yea on a tight track you would benifit, most average drivers will not require it and lesshigh strung motors do not need to wind up as much.. and if traction was lesss it would of been hard to keep the car from walking out accelerating..
ammdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 10:40 PM   #573
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by modellor
I was talking with a guy from the factory tonight and he never mentioned any new car.
Maybe he did'nt want to let any thing slip from his lips like someone else did from they're.
tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 10:44 PM   #574
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by tennessee
Maybe he did'nt want to let any thing slip from his lips like someone else did from they're.
Possibly, but it would negate the reason this guy was talking with me.
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 10:47 PM   #575
Tech Adept

They're just up to somthin and i'am sure of it
Even Burch is'nt saying any thing about it
tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 11:51 PM   #576
Tech Fanatic

Default agree...

yep...agree with tennessee
serpent guys in the factory could be busy with the new 1/10th tourer...
After all, right from Impulse SSpec way back in 1999 to PRO and now the 705. The only thing that they change are on the cosmetics side where the entire car geometry suspension...etc... remain the same...
although they claim that this is the race-proven design over the past few years...but i really think that its time for some 'Real Revolution'...b'cos other manufacturers are constantly improving on their cars...

just my 2 cents
RClover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 12:55 AM   #577
bt
Tech Adept

Default centax questions

can i use the standard spur gear sizing on my impulse(50,47?) with a centax or do i have to change and what are the best pinions to use on these gears(mostly short tracks) any help will be appreciated.
bt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 10:45 AM   #578
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by ammdrew
yes , in fact we went to the 17 a day before the serp guys did, but what i am trying to tell you, that at any level lower than what we were running, i e just big local race it would have made no diff, and get this also there is no straigt longer than maybe 100 ft at ftmyers, there is a sweeper into a straight, but that is entirely different, our local parkinglot stuff often gets longer straights.. withthe kicker in front of the stand ft myers was a very tight as in low speed track.... lots of accelerating, easy to drive hard to go fast....tons of brakes....

so yea on a tight track you would benifit, most average drivers will not require it and lesshigh strung motors do not need to wind up as much.. and if traction was lesss it would of been hard to keep the car from walking out accelerating..
You're completly right in your argument and that's why a I need that 17t pulley,, because when i said we have very tight tracks here, we have it!! we don't even have a big sweeper, when we came out of the last corner we hit the straight with only about 100 to 120' of straight way , and in the end we have a little sweeper then a first corner ,, tomorrow is my very first drive with my 705 i'm very confident that is going to make a good show out there,, I'll let you now guys..

ciao!!
paulfitipauldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 11:04 AM   #579
DSR
Tech Apprentice

Default Sirio Engine

Do any of you run the Sirio TRP 12? If so, which pipe & manifold do you use? I just ordered the RB X12 one piece, I'm just hoping it actually fits.
DSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 11:16 AM   #580
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27

Hi Guys,

I'm not quite sure what step 8.7 in the assembly manual is relating to here:

Step 8.7 A)Place small shims to remove all but a small amount of end play

Does this mean, that there should be no play on the bell-housing?

My 705 isn't moving at the moment, seems the clutch doesn't engage for some reason. I've followed the instructions in the manual to the letter, and also took Modellors's suggestion about reducing the spring tension (and thus the measurement seen in step 8.3 to 8.8mm). But my car won't move :-((

Now I'm suspicious about this step 8.7 A, as it is the only thing which I've not really understood in the whole Centax build.

Desperate to get to the track tomorrow or else it'll be another week before I can try it out
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 10:25 PM   #581
Tech Regular

Hi everyone! I just have one question, is Serpent really having a new car coming out? I hope this is just a rumor. Thanx!
Ducati998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 12:44 AM   #582
bt
Tech Adept

Default pulleys

does anyone know if you can change the front 16 tooth pulley to change drive ratios ,if so what are the optoins.
bt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 06:06 AM   #583
JUN
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Ducati998
Hi everyone! I just have one question, is Serpent really having a new car coming out? I hope this is just a rumor. Thanx!
I really doubt they have a new car coming out,i think they have more then enough on there plates with the latest batch of cars.Then again this is serpent we are talking about and they told the guys at rc car action about the 950 before the veteq owners so i wouldn't put it past them,but it just doesn't make logical sense.But then again(you can finish of the line)................ I hope you like the many contradictions.
JUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 08:41 AM   #584
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by JUN
I really doubt they have a new car coming out,i think they have more then enough on there plates with the latest batch of cars.Then again this is serpent we are talking about and they told the guys at rc car action about the 950 before the veteq owners so i wouldn't put it past them,but it just doesn't make logical sense.But then again(you can finish of the line)................ I hope you like the many contradictions.
I have it on good source that Serpent are not bringing out a new car too replace the 705. Why would they?

The 705 is capable and good enough to win with. Yes it needs a few changes for parts that are week but this is all that they are doing. Making new parts to replace the parts that are failing.

I would suggest that Serpent have learned from the first time and wont be repeating the Veteq/950 incident again. It costs them too much.
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 08:47 AM   #585
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: pulleys

Quote:
Originally posted by bt
does anyone know if you can change the front 16 tooth pulley to change drive ratios ,if so what are the optoins.
You can't change the 16t as the belt will not accept a change in gear sizes and 24t is the only option on the front one-way drive that I'm aware of.

You can change the side drive gears. 23t and 24t available and in the rear 17t and 18t available and you can change the rear gear's 46t and 47t available and 22t and 23t available.

Combinations on rear need to be 22/47 or 23/46 due to belt tension.
rpoage is offline   Reply With Quote