R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-13-2002, 03:11 PM   #31
Tech Apprentice

I'm gonna say the mtx 3, because they changed the cars geometery compared to serpent stiffening and lightening the car. My guess is though serpent guys will stick with serpent cars and mugen guys will stick with mugen cars.
Distroey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 03:19 PM   #32
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Craig

Serpent makes excellant cars, but from the pictures its seems that the MTX3 will be the better car.Mugen has had great success with there MRX3 and i believe that they have designed the MTX3 with the same theory. I know that I am going to try one next season.I really like the NTC3 so it will be hard to impress me.Its to bad that Serpent doesnt try harder to win the American market.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 08:19 PM   #33
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Nytrochaos
So, with this car and the mtx-3 coming out at the reletively same time, which one do you think will be the bigger hit?

more importantly than being a bigger hit, which one do you guys think will handle, and perform better?

cause clearly when the first impulse came out with the first mtx-2, the impulse was the bigger hit, yet the mtx-2 was clearly leader of the touring cars

just kidding yall, but seriously, which one do you think will be the better car?
I can't say much about the MTX-3. Serpent already proofed that the 705 is race proven aside for some reliability issues which should have already been solved.

But I have to agree that from the pictures, the 705 is only cosmetic upgrades with the tank design and all whilst the MTX-3 layout is changed. So generally, the 705 should be better than the PRO as it was based on a proven design. As for the MTX-3, it's either right on target, better than the rest or a real flop... But then again, the MTX-3 design layout was based upon the successful MRX-3.

Apparently they claimed that the 705 is also much lighter, so much so that they have to add weights to qualify for tech inspection... which I cannot understand why because the design and parts are basically from the Impulse PRO kit and the larger Impact.

Well, in my opinion, Serpent did right in their design to base it on an already seccessful Impulse PRO. The only thing "wrong" about the Impulse was that it weight too much.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 08:42 PM   #34
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Cool Serpent vs Mugen

Well, i'm glad its back to the Fore Fathers of Nitro T.C!!

Serpent and Mugen set the mark for nitro cars about 5 yrs ago, and now they are back to set it again!!!

I'm sick of hear about the NTC3, Yokomo GT-4, Reflex, and others!!

GO SERPENT!!
PUNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 08:46 PM   #35
Tech Adept

Punisher......YOU ARE MY GOD........that is exactly the way i feel!!! im sure there are others too, that are sick of these flashy new touring cars, (reflex, v1r, ntc3, gt4) mugen and serpent are the touring car fathers!!!

i agree with your every statement except the very last,

GO SNAKE KILLERS!!!!

(im a diehard mugen fan....only cause our track doesnt stock impulse parts)
Nytrochaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 06:19 AM   #36
Tech Master

I never played 1/10 GP before and going to get one very soon.

I think both 705 and mtx3 is the higher level of GP car (the rest are really junk judging by it looks) and I decided to go with serpent. Why? simply because its tank placement is in the center. Does anyone know why mugen design the fuel tank placement not in the middle???
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 10:31 AM   #37
Tech Fanatic

Default love to get one...

i would love to get a 705...but its kinda' expensive...all the spares are sold individually and unlike many other Japanese car maker that come in pairs and is priced much lower.
I own a V-1-R, but its part quality is good...my car survived in many crashes and the car still runs great...
RClover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 10:40 AM   #38
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyramid

I think both 705 and mtx3 is the higher level of GP car (the rest are really junk judging by it looks) and I decided to go with serpent. Why? simply because its tank placement is in the center. Does anyone know why mugen design the fuel tank placement not in the middle???
Tank placement isn't everything =)
Distroey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 04:36 PM   #39
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyramid

Yep, like what Distroey mentioned, tank placement isn't such a big deal. Yeah, one can argue that the car balance will not be the same when the tank is full and when it's going to be empty...

On my Impulse PRO, I run my tank slightly off-center with the Wolfpack upper deck FWIW...
Old 11-14-2002, 04:42 PM   #40
Tech Prophet

Default Re: love to get one...

Quote:
Originally posted by RClover
i would love to get a 705...but its kinda' expensive...all the spares are sold individually and unlike many other Japanese car maker that come in pairs and is priced much lower.
I own a V-1-R, but its part quality is good...my car survived in many crashes and the car still runs great...
There's nothing wrong with the V1RR actually. If you have one, keep it. Unless I own both V1RR and the 705, I cannot make any direct comparisons in terms of performance...

SPARE PARTS !! That's the other problem of Serpent... You are right on the spare parts thingy. Spares are also expensive. I never wondered why Serpent always sells parts in one piece at a time while others sell theirs in pairs... Distroey will probably tell you the reason they do that is because they are out to suck you dry Oh well...
Old 11-14-2002, 07:17 PM   #41
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: love to get one...

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
There's nothing wrong with the V1RR actually. If you have one, keep it. Unless I own both V1RR and the 705, I cannot make any direct comparisons in terms of performance...

SPARE PARTS !! That's the other problem of Serpent... You are right on the spare parts thingy. Spares are also expensive. I never wondered why Serpent always sells parts in one piece at a time while others sell theirs in pairs... Distroey will probably tell you the reason they do that is because they are out to suck you dry Oh well...
But one thing though i must agree that the design, geometry and the tunability of this 705 is top-notch...of the class.... Perhaps, i'll consider getting one when i am a better driver and make very little mistake rather than breaking my piggybank to buy more expensive spare parts on 705...
RClover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 07:43 PM   #42
Tech Master

It's true tank placement is not everything.. but why choose the one that is not in the middle when there is one available? of course beside parts availibility which is the major issues.

As for the money, well, if your car dialled right, I don't think you remember how much you have spent.
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 08:38 PM   #43
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Nytrochaos
Punisher......YOU ARE MY GOD........that is exactly the way i feel!!! im sure there are others too, that are sick of these flashy new touring cars, (reflex, v1r, ntc3, gt4) mugen and serpent are the touring car fathers!!!

i agree with your every statement except the very last,

GO SNAKE KILLERS!!!!

(im a diehard mugen fan....only cause our track doesnt stock impulse parts)
LOL.....THANKS!
PUNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 08:40 PM   #44
asd
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to asd

umm, u bashing the v one r/rr? kyosho was the company that first introduced touring cars, lo. the thing is, the "spiders" werent exactly "top quality", lol. l
asd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 10:01 AM   #45
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default Re: Serpent vs Mugen

Quote:
Originally posted by PUNISHER
Well, i'm glad its back to the Fore Fathers of Nitro T.C!!

Serpent and Mugen set the mark for nitro cars about 5 yrs ago, and now they are back to set it again!!!

Serpent raised the standards bar for Nitro TC......but fore fathers???? thats pushing the truth!!!!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote