R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-09-2004, 01:50 AM   #4156
Tech Master

Thanks for the help D! I guess I should have asked before going to buy all of the stuff. I'm just going to use the Impact dogbones and solid rear together since I already installed them.
Rapid Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 02:00 AM   #4157
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Rapid Roy
Thanks for the help D! I guess I should have asked before going to buy all of the stuff. I'm just going to use the Impact dogbones and solid rear together since I already installed them.
I don't think you can use the Impact dogbones (which comes stock with the 705) and the solid rear axle meant for the Impulse (801401). I believe you already got the Impulse rear PRO dogbones. Use that instead.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 02:19 AM   #4158
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
I don't think you can use the Impact dogbones (which comes stock with the 705) and the solid rear axle meant for the Impulse (801401). I believe you already got the Impulse rear PRO dogbones. Use that instead.
You are correct. I got the pro dogbones to use with the Impulse solid rear. Thanks again.
Rapid Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 01:25 PM   #4159
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Jayjp

Ok I'm sure this has probably been asked before but I dont have time to read 139 pages

I am using the front one way for the first time ever (first serpent ) and the car pushes like crazy, is this because of the one-way? I do have a regular gear diff for the front too, would it be better than the one way for me right now? My setup is very close to Ralph Burch's on mytsn, in case that has anything to do with it

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Jayjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 06:07 PM   #4160
Tech Initiate

I have an opportunity to buy this engine . It is a NovaRossi TOP TT 12. Can anyone tell me their opinion good or bad, the selling price is $150 and it is new.

I would like to put it in a Serpent Impulse Pro I have running, I am building a second car to match my first Seprent Pro and NovaMega engines are a pain in the butt to get parts for.

Thank you.
bigknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 08:04 PM   #4161
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by bigknot
I have an opportunity to buy this engine . It is a NovaRossi TOP TT 12. Can anyone tell me their opinion good or bad, the selling price is $150 and it is new.

I would like to put it in a Serpent Impulse Pro I have running, I am building a second car to match my first Seprent Pro and NovaMega engines are a pain in the butt to get parts for.

Thank you.
It's the same engine as the Nova line RS12T, rated at 1.35hp and 37,000 RPM. Which is one of the oldest engines still available in the Nova line. It may be a bit outdated, but with Novarossi you KNOW it's quality. $150 sounds reasonable...
KevinS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 08:59 PM   #4162
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Wink Parking Lot Set-up for 705

Does anyone have a good 705 set-up for parking lot racing? The place that I race at does clean the parking lot prior to racing, however, the surface is not new.

I really don't want to read the 139 pages that are here.

Thanks
duckman996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 09:18 PM   #4163
Tech Master

Default Re: Parking Lot Set-up for 705

Quote:
Originally posted by duckman996
Does anyone have a good 705 set-up for parking lot racing? The place that I race at does clean the parking lot prior to racing, however, the surface is not new.

I really don't want to read the 139 pages that are here.

Thanks
first JUST FOLLOW the standard setup.... it will work in most cases. bacause u didnt say what sort of track layout u r running ur car. alot of TIGHT TURNS? a lot of long straight? or what ever.

then.... ask everybody there which TYRE SHORE is good for that parking road surface. coz CORRECT tyre selection for specific track surface will definitely make the car handle awesome.

mop
mop_iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 09:26 PM   #4164
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Thanks for you $0.02

The track is alot of tight turns (changes every week since this is not a perm track), with one long sweeper - straight-away.

As for tires, we usually run 35-37 shore depending on the temp outside.
duckman996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 08:49 AM   #4165
Tech Initiate

Does anyone have a good document with the proper gear & pulley ratios and their effects on the car? What about how different gears work on the 2-speed trany. Thank you.
Old 04-18-2004, 10:19 AM   #4166
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Jayjp
I am using the front one way for the first time ever (first serpent ) and the car pushes like crazy, is this because of the one-way?
Difficult to tell... Where does this happen? On power or off power? Perhaps you can take a look at the 710 setup booklet that you can download for free (provided you register with mytsn). There is a table somewhere at the last page of the booklet that you could use and make it appplicable to troubleshooting the 705.
Old 04-18-2004, 10:29 AM   #4167
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Parking Lot Set-up for 705

Quote:
Originally posted by duckman996
If your track is twisty, you may want to start out with a front diff. More forgiving especially if you do not have experience driving a oneway front.

Instead of using silicone diff in the front gear diff, you could fill it up with Serpent Cleaning Gum putty. Very consistant performance and and best part is it does not leak or need rebuilds.

Then set the rear diff a little lighter than the front. Use similar shore tires in the front and rear. Shock oils can be the same front and rear (30wt). You may want to go with similar holes too for the front and rear. Maybe 1 hole difference with the front and rear depending on your driving style and liking. Same yellow springs front and rear.

You could use the stock setup as a base for droop, camber and toe in / out and work from there where you're lacking or where you have too much. You could use the Serpent Setup booklet that can be downloaded from the 710 product page. Although it is written specifically for the 710, most of the explanations and diagnosis can be applied and used on the 705.
Old 04-18-2004, 10:51 AM   #4168
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Does anyone have a good document with the proper gear & pulley ratios and their effects on the car?
I replied to your PM and gave you the link of the article on mytsn.

Are you by any chance wanting to touch on the overdrive subject?

Quote:
What about how different gears work on the 2-speed trany. Thank you.
Higher FDR on the 1st gear gives more acceleration as the engine spools up quicker. Lower FDR on the 2nd gear gives more top speed.

You have 15T, 16T and 17T as first gear pinions. 18T, 19T and 20T makes up the 2nd gear pinions. For the 1st gear spurs, there is 50T, 49T, 48T and 47T to choose from. 2nd gear spurs available are 44T, 45T and 46T.

The highest 1st gear ratio can be attained with the 15T pinion and 50T spur which is 7.12 with the 17T/22T/47T internal pulley combo (2.14 internal ratio) or 6.67 with the stock 18T/23T/46T (2.0 internal ratio).

The lowest 2nd gear ratio can be attained with the 20T pinion and 44T spur which is 4.7 with the 17T/22T/47T internal pulley combo (2.14 internal ratio) or 4.4 with the stock 18T/23T/46T (2.0 internal ratio).
Old 04-18-2004, 05:32 PM   #4169
Tech Initiate

InitialD thak you for the lnks and the VERY informative reply.

Does anyone happen to have the one pager from the Impulse box that has the MM ruler on the bottom and the screws pictures. This is a very important page that I would like to have a color copy of and to scale if possible. I will be more than willing to forward the money to have a color copy of this page please.

Thank you - PM me if you have it or to this thread.
Old 04-18-2004, 09:07 PM   #4170
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Does anyone happen to have the one pager from the Impulse box that has the MM ruler on the bottom and the screws pictures.
Why do you need it for? You need to know the list of screws and nuts used or more for the ruler at the bottom? If you're looking at the later, don't fret as the scales on the ruler at the bottom are wrong !