R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-29-2003, 02:42 PM   #4021
Tech Adept

Im running a s-705, with a "NovaMega SX12 RE 3P Race Turbo MS", which I will run it next summer too. Might get another tourer just for fun though
johan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 03:30 PM   #4022
Tech Regular

Location: The Milkyway/Planet Earth/Europe/Sweden/Skåne/Malmö

What you think about the 705 at Swedish tracks/races? Does it go better than the mugen etc or is it even? A lot of guys at the staffanstorp track hates Serpent, but they don't know why But i'll show them Impulse/705 power (mix between those 2 cars)!
New_Toasted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 04:33 PM   #4023
Tech Adept

Well the mtx-3 seems to be hands down the best car at the moment, even at our larger tracks. Swedish factory driver Per-Ola Hård struggled this year vs. the Mugen and the ntc3. I personally dont care since im a beginner and Im trying to learn how a car reacts to set up etc and the car isnt limiting my performence yet. It is actually quite rewarding to work with the car to improve its performence...

What is worse is that the part supply has been lacking. Thankfully the car is very solid, so that hasnt been much an issue for me. The plastic is very robust. I have more or less only replaced parts in the drive-line. I know that others hasnt been as lucky as me...

Where do you shop your Serpent stuff?

All imho.
johan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 06:13 PM   #4024
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by johan
What is worse is that the part supply has been lacking. Thankfully the car is very solid, so that hasnt been much an issue for me. The plastic is very robust. I have more or less only replaced parts in the drive-line. I know that others hasnt been as lucky as me...

All imho.
My trackside LHS still carry lots lots of 705 parts and options. They seemed having problems to sells it, just mail me and lets see what kind I do for help.
Personally, I do kept enough spares to support my racing styles
GoldFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 07:35 PM   #4025
Tech Regular

fyi - anyone that still wants an impulse can pick them up new cheap now directly from serpent. not bad if you just want a car to bash around with.

SER801015 Impulse 4wd Pro Street Racer 162.50
treky11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 09:30 AM   #4026
Tech Regular

Location: The Milkyway/Planet Earth/Europe/Sweden/Skåne/Malmö

Quote:
Well the mtx-3 seems to be hands down the best car at the moment, even at our larger tracks. Swedish factory driver Per-Ola Hård struggled this year vs. the Mugen and the ntc3. I personally dont care since im a beginner and Im trying to learn how a car reacts to set up etc and the car isnt limiting my performence yet. It is actually quite rewarding to work with the car to improve its performence...

All imho.
Hmm, actually I think the S-705 is exactly as good as the MTX-3 but alot of Swedish professional drivers drives Mugen and dislikes Serpent (the most guys at my track dislike it at least) but I think that the guys who's winning with their Mugens could win with a S-705/S-710 if they get used to the car. My point is that every high-end racing car would be able to win with a really good driver.. The only differencies is the quality and prices.

Actually haven't I broke a single thing that I would need to get a spare part for under whole the last year. But if I would need anything I would order from RCCarinternational, they have good prices and is in the EU (no value added tax). But i got some spares from Minicars for my NovaMega engine and they arrived a week after i placed the order.

P.S I'm 13 years old and has forgotten the word "Struggle", could you pleas write it in Swedish Johan?
New_Toasted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 09:33 AM   #4027
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27

Struggle is, I think, "kamp" in swedish.

Cheers, Mark.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 09:40 AM   #4028
Tech Prophet

Default 4 mm Chassis

Just installed the 4 mm chassis on my 705. It's the Shooter chassis that I got earlier. Not as nice as Serpent's I would admit. No time to test it yet !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4mm_chassis.jpg (187.7 KB, 113 views)
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 09:44 AM   #4029
Tech Elite

Default Re: 4 mm Chassis

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Just installed the 4 mm chassis on my 705. It's the Shooter chassis that I got earlier. Not as nice as Serpent's I would admit. No time to test it yet !
Getting the max out of those front tyres there Mr D!!!!

I'll not be touching my 705 until next year now The weather is too bad here now.
Also I'm running my Surikarn on a indoor carpet track I'm getting use to the one-way now, really like it, as it makes you drive better, I think. Instead of blasting down the straight and hitting the breaks at the last moment, I really have to think more about where to break and break more gently, in order to get the most out of the car - great fun!!!!

Cheers, Mark.
Old 11-30-2003, 09:45 AM   #4030
Tech Prophet

Talking Impulse PRO to 705 Rebirth !

Almost a 705 kit ! Short of the LC 2 speed gears and Centax II.

The reason why I did not have the chance to test the other 705 with the 4 mm chassis is because I was playing with this baby !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg impulse_pro_to_705.jpg (175.5 KB, 120 views)
Old 11-30-2003, 09:48 AM   #4031
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: 4 mm Chassis

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Getting the max out of those front tyres there Mr D!!!!
The lower the better !

Better for the car handling as well as the pocket !
Old 11-30-2003, 09:59 AM   #4032
Tech Elite

Default Re: Impulse PRO to 705 Rebirth !

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Almost a 705 kit ! Short of the LC 2 speed gears and Centax II.

The reason why I did not have the chance to test the other 705 with the 4 mm chassis is because I was playing with this baby !
Congratulations on your German Baby
Old 11-30-2003, 10:34 AM   #4033
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Impulse PRO to 705 Rebirth !

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Congratulations on your German Baby
I hope my wife is not seeing this !
Old 11-30-2003, 10:35 AM   #4034
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to lawndoggie Send a message via Yahoo to lawndoggie

Quote:
Originally posted by New_Toasted
Hmm, actually I think the S-705 is exactly as good as the MTX-3 but alot of Swedish professional drivers drives Mugen and dislikes Serpent (the most guys at my track dislike it at least) but I think that the guys who's winning with their Mugens could win with a S-705/S-710 if they get used to the car. My point is that every high-end racing car would be able to win with a really good driver.. The only differencies is the quality and prices.

Actually haven't I broke a single thing that I would need to get a spare part for under whole the last year. But if I would need anything I would order from RCCarinternational, they have good prices and is in the EU (no value added tax). But i got some spares from Minicars for my NovaMega engine and they arrived a week after i placed the order.

P.S I'm 13 years old and has forgotten the word "Struggle", could you pleas write it in Swedish Johan?
Yes a lot of people arounf where I play complains about the 705 as well, while most of them are MTX drivers..
I think both are good cars, but 705 has a much smaller sweet spot... kinda like tennis rackets...
For pros, they can hit the sweet spot EVERY time... therefore, both cars perform at their best... where as for someone like me, MTX is better because if is more driver friendly..
This is NOT my driving experience, its simply what I've heard from people at the track.... and it makes sense...
lawndoggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 12:07 PM   #4035
Tech Addict

Post Serpent parts

Quote:

All imho.
Yes the MTX3 is a good car but has his limits too..
Ntc3 fasted overall i think but fragile
so its time for the G4.....

710 we have to wait for Time..........
tellllllllssssssssssssss...

parts just us

3Racing-Ride-BRP-Team Orion-XRAY-HUDY-Serpent-Kyosho-Lrp-Speed Passion-MR33-JG-and many more
border r/c is offline   Reply With Quote