Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 705

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2003, 05:55 AM
Tech Adept

Exclamation

The 705R or 710 stil has a belt drive as you can see on the pic!
So its stil the old pulleys and belts that are in the new car (at least next to the exhaust that is).
Old 10-31-2003, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: throttle servos

Originally posted by lawndoggie
hmm I am using 3PK with HRS, I believe with HRS, you HAVE TO use digital servos huh?
I have a 9451 as throttle servo, no matter HOW I adjust the linkage, it gliches.... but its strange because if I brake and then back to neutral, then the servo stops gliching.... I am goona use a rubber band on the slide to see if that helps.. as there is a little bit of force to push the slide where its half open.
It's not gliching but it's the sound for digital servo when it 's trying to fine adjusting of position and got some strange. That y you got the sound. Actually , It's normal to have a sound with Digital Servo but you can solve it . Yes, You can use rubber band and I 'm using rubber band too, It solved the problem of sound from using Digital Servo. ........
Old 10-31-2003, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: throttle servos

Originally posted by InitialD
What do you mean by glitches? Glitches as in buzzing noises from the servo? If the noises are persistant, then your linkages are not set correctly. In any case, the symptoms that you've described is pretty common with digital servos and when the linkages are tight and new.

If you can find o rings, then use them instead of rubber bands. Rubber bands will not stand when nitro gets onto it. If you dilligently change the rubber bands after every week of play, then I guess that's OK. It will not solve the buzzing noise problem noise problem but I use it because it has saved me a few times.

Adjust and choose the o ring / rubber band just to have enough tension in order to pull back the slide carb back to neutral position. While the Rx/Tx is on, press the throttle till it is WOT. Then pull off the plug or switch off the receiver pack, the o ring / rubber band should be able to have just enough tension to position the carb by itself back to neutral. I do this method to determine if the tension is right. Too hard rubber band / o ring tension will hurt the throttle servo and battery life.
Yep. You are right !. but I still think I should put it ...coz I afraid I will have the problem with battery and lost control of the car ... I better kill battery .. It was just one time and make me remember for so long ... until today, I still afraid
Old 10-31-2003, 08:45 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Schrijver99
The 705R or 710 stil has a belt drive as you can see on the pic!
So its stil the old pulleys and belts that are in the new car (at least next to the exhaust that is).
705 pulleys and belts you say? Cool. The 705 tank looks like it's being used on the new car as what Johan mentioned.
Old 10-31-2003, 08:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Bunch of Serpent stuff for sale if anyone is interested. I will make ya a heck of a deal.

http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=66533
Old 10-31-2003, 08:52 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: throttle servos

Originally posted by MrChan
It's not gliching but it's the sound for digital servo when it 's trying to fine adjusting of position and got some strange.
Yup, it's actually the servo's potentiometer continuously giving feedbacks checking and repositioning itself to the correct position. My guess that the reason why digital servos are more "noisy" and sensitive than their analog cousins is because they send signal to the servo motor 6 times faster than the analog servo does.
Old 10-31-2003, 09:05 AM
Tech Regular

Default digital servos

hmm strange because my 9451 steering servo is DEAR SILENT!
But the throttle one is noisy as hell! gosh I can't even find a rubber band or o-ring in the house!!!
Old 10-31-2003, 09:11 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: digital servos

hmm strange because my 9451 steering servo is DEAR SILENT!
But the throttle one is noisy as hell!
For some, the throttle / brake servo position on the radio tray of the 705 makes it a little odd to mount the linkages. This may cause a little stress in the linkages and in the servo horn due to the position.

gosh I can't even find a rubber band or o-ring in the house!!!
Rubber band? Stationary shop. O rings? Automative / hardware shop.
Old 10-31-2003, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: It is true...

Indeed Serpent has been testing a new car ! Whether this is the 705R or the 710 is indeed unknown... Perhaps Julius can make comments to this? Apparently an announcement on mytsn is due as early as Monday next week?

This picture attached (as posted on the 705 mytsn forum by Jasper Hendriks from Holland) shows Rene Cornella and Michael Salven with the new car.
Oh no!!! Another car to buy
Old 10-31-2003, 10:02 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: It is true...

Originally posted by markp27
Oh no!!! Another car to buy
Mark, you have enough toys to play with. Besides you can't play nitro this winter. Pass some here. When summer comes, pass that EVO III here too.
Old 10-31-2003, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: It is true...

Mark, you have enough toys to play with. Besides you can't play nitro this winter. Pass some here. When summer comes, pass that EVO III here too.
Just busy gluing tyres and managed to glue my trousers to my leg

Just took the Surikarn for a spin in the lounge Tomorrow I'll go for a spin in the car park!

I'll be keeping a hold of my 705 for a while yet - I'll be viewing the new car from a far

Cheers, Mark.
Old 10-31-2003, 10:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Cool

Great!
The new Serpent 200mm car is finally makes its daubed.

Well, its still a question of getting the new car or just get the up-grade kit for your 705.
If they didn’t change the suspension geometry I would say just get the up-grade set. Chassis, radio deck and any other cosmetics changes they did IF they just did that.
Because my 705 is still running great and hanging with the best of them!!

LOL…I guess we still have to wait for the announcement and complete daubed of the 705R/ 710.
Old 10-31-2003, 10:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Woo-hoo, finally a pic.

The best servo (and the one I use) for the throttle AND steering is the KO 2143. It is extremely quick, digital, and has hardly any resistance when not on, so only a light rubber band needs to be wrapped around the carb.
Old 10-31-2003, 10:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Apparantly, they may have used my idea about removing the diff with 4 screws...I did email it to them when I did it...but got no reply .
Old 10-31-2003, 02:31 PM
Tech Regular

Default 705r /710

Supposed spy shot at

http://www.mytsn.com/forums/image.aspi?fiid=41695

Notice the front end hollowed out, I would assume its a shorter
radio tray so you could also remove the front end diff with 4 screws.

I do not see a servo mounted in the front either so that would be great if a laydown system was introduced.

Kind of a fuzzy photo , but hey what the heck maybe it's a prototype that is testing right now.

All I know is that it sure is fun to try and find out, and hope all the rumors are true !!!!

Possible announcement on Monday on Mytsn ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.