R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-10-2003, 04:27 AM   #3511
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Schrijver99
Sorry but the manifold i'm looking for is not the 2174 it's a new model. The team is testing it, but i haven't had a change to have a look at it.
Thanks for the links.

The TP06 EFRA Inline pipe set (2170) consist of the pipe (2171) and the manifold (2174). So you're saying there's another newer manifold?
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 04:31 AM   #3512
Tech Adept

Have you had a beter look at the price?

Serpent latest development in 200 mm racing cars, Pre ordering. We are not sure what the make off it, but it must be the best car ever made. The promise revolutionary design and a very beautiful looking car. Even the price isnít available but we are offering the car for a very nice price. You can now pre ordering this car.

If (when) the new car is comming that wil be a nice price, only for pre order, so i have to make a tuff choice!
Schrijver99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 05:19 AM   #3513
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

thx D and Schrijver99, I will get one on of those then i replace the my current p/s

To clarify myself on the car matter. Ive never doubted that a new car would arrive. It might just not be _announced_ at Chicago. A certain teamdriver seems to suggest this (that he will have new car next season but that it will not be announced at Chicago) at his personal guestbook. Whatever, I guess we will find out tomorrow...
johan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 12:55 PM   #3514
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by johan
Well, well... The lastest "rumour" ive read is that Serpent isnt going to announce another nitro tourer (not at Chicago at least). The only new car is going to be the 950R, which, appently, is different from the team kit. Maybe Xray/Hudy will carry the NT tourch? I guess we will found out soon.
The guys in the electric forum are saying that Xray's coming out with 2 cars. One of them was shown in the latest RCCA magazine and it's a 1/12th mini electric. The other from the shots on their website is a 1/18th micro electric. But you're right, I guess we find out tomorrow.
EuroKRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 03:54 PM   #3515
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by EuroKRN
The guys in the electric forum are saying that Xray's coming out with 2 cars. One of them was shown in the latest RCCA magazine and it's a 1/12th mini electric. The other from the shots on their website is a 1/18th micro electric. But you're right, I guess we find out tomorrow.
Romour is Hudy is coming out with a new X-ray too!!
PUNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 12:09 AM   #3516
Que
Tech Adept

Does anybody know where Ramstein ab Germany what are the major cities are there in the close proximity to the base. And any good hobby shops would be appreaciated. Also any racing in the area.
Que is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 12:32 AM   #3517
Tech Prophet

Mark should be able to hook you up. But I think Mark gets his stuff elsewhere. Not from LHS. I think he mentioned it being cheaper.
Old 09-11-2003, 10:40 AM   #3518
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

Setup question for you guys.

My 705 is experience a push into the turns on power and midpower. Im currenty using red springs in the front and yellow in the back. I was going to try changing the front springs to yellow to see if this softens up the front end and allow for more weight transfer in the front. I'm also running a gear dif in the front with 5K oil not a one-way so this will effect turning. Should I try other ideas to help carve a better turn? Thx.
John Fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 11:17 AM   #3519
Tech Regular

What are your piston hole settings, and which shock tower positions are you using? Also, Are you using 5K or 50K? Just want to make sure it wasn't a typo...
TurnNBurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 11:51 AM   #3520
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by TurnNBurn
What are your piston hole settings, and which shock tower positions are you using? Also, Are you using 5K or 50K? Just want to make sure it wasn't a typo...
Shock piston holes are on stock settings, 2 holes open for the front, rear is three with serpent 30 wt oil.

Im using 5K dif oil for the front dif. Should I use thicker to reduce slip?

Shock tower positions are all the way horiziontal.

Thanks
Old 09-11-2003, 01:15 PM   #3521
Tech Regular

Hmm... Well, I still have a Streetspec, which has been brought up pretty much to "Pro" specs. My shocks are set up like yours (30 wt., 2 front/3 rear, Red/Yellow). I still have both gear diffs, which are setup with Mugen 100K F/50K R, so I would definitely go thicker with the oil.

If by "all horizontal", you meant at the lowest mounting hole, then the next step (after thickening the oil) would be to try bringing the shocks up one hole. It is possible to be "too soft", so bringing them up one hole should allow the weight to transfer a little faster, and might improve your overall cornering ability. Moving up a hole is also more subtle than going to the next hardest (or softest, if you move down a hole) spring, so it's a much finer tuning change.

I'm assuming that you have the anti-roll bars on, and unless your track is a very low grip surface, I would suggest keeping them on.

Try the diff oil change first. This should improve your corner entry a bit, and hopefully balance out to improve your mid/exit ability. If it doesn't fully solve your problem, try the shock relocation. Let us know how that works, we gotta keep the snakes out front!
TurnNBurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 01:38 PM   #3522
Tech Elite

Ok, i'll try out some different dif oil. Thanks for the tips. Funny thing was at the race last weekend, the mains were in the dark and I was putting my car back together after one of the outdrives on the front diff slipped. But I set the car up by accident, cause it was dark, with one of the shocks one hole up on the lowest mounting position and the other side one hole up. I didn't notice till after the race but it was handling beautifully and I won the A main. I thought it was quite strange, but maybe having both shocks one hole up it will handle fine and not push entering the corner. Time will tell, my second gear is shifting a bit too late still so that has to be adjusted as well.
Old 09-11-2003, 05:57 PM   #3523
Que
Tech Adept

I got the book XXX main book explains all this information and it's small so i can keep it in my pocket during practice
Que is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 06:59 PM   #3524
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Devin
Setup question for you guys.
Sorry but I'm a little late...

Here's my take. What setup are you running? If you're using the stock setup (prefered for one way) in your car, then you'll definitely have push.

The first simple things that I would do on the track if I was having a on power and mid power push, I'll play around with caster settings and front camber. More caster angle will favour on power steering. If you have an adjustable rear sway bar installed, you can stiffen the rear. This also favours on power steering. Soften the front sway bar will increase front bite.

Perhaps the reason why the car is acting that way on power is because the weight transfers to the rear easily. More so if you're using yellow springs in the rear. You can deny the car do this by using stiffer red springs in the rear or ballancing the car by putting in yellow springs in the front. Try using less piston holes in the rear or try using thicker shock oil in the rear. Stiffening the rear shocks would help prevent the excessive weight transfer to the rear.

I would agree with TurnNburn about using thicker diff oil in the front to increase on power steering but that would hurt the off power steering characteristics. Besides it's messy to change the front diff oil. A faster way would be to tighten the rear ball diff a little. That would give the car more on power steering.
Old 09-12-2003, 01:54 AM   #3525
Tech Adept

Default on power steering

Wat about limiting the front droop?
Does it help in on power steering?
apmk is offline   Reply With Quote