R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-09-2003, 01:08 AM   #3481
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Two interesting designs

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
I agree entirely! I find it very odd that Serpent didn't have a stronger showing - was this due to the fact that they knew the car wouldn't perform or simply that they are too busy for the 1/8th world champs.
I found the report surprising in its critisism - and the feedback from Dieter Fleischer seemed to suggest that he thought it was due to the setup (the feeback item seems to have dissapered now).
Ahh, censorship rears it's ugly head I guess. No more pics in the report now.

I would think that they are now currently aiming for the 1/8th scale WC. Either that or most are still on summer holidays. They missed out two years back and with the new 950, they are all out to to get the WC back at any cost. They'll have to wait for another two years before they get the chance to regain the crown if they miss out on this one.

Besides, Serpent probably thinks that they already have the EU crown for the 1/10th scale TC the last outing in Protugal and I don't think they need to prove anything. I believe it'll be a new car racing for Serpent before the 1/10th scale TC WC in Brazil next year.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 01:29 AM   #3482
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Two interesting designs

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Ahh, censorship rears it's ugly head I guess. No more pics in the report now.

I would think that they are now currently aiming for the 1/8th scale WC. Either that or most are still on summer holidays. They missed out two years back and with the new 950, they are all out to to get the WC back at any cost. They'll have to wait for another two years before they get the chance to regain the crown if they miss out on this one.

Besides, Serpent probably thinks that they already have the EU crown for the 1/10th scale TC the last outing in Protugal and I don't think they need to prove anything. I believe it'll be a new car racing for Serpent before the 1/10th scale TC WC in Brazil next year.
The pics are still there - I think the page is simply being updated and this is the reason for the information going missing - the report from Steve Baumgarten is intact and uncensored - simply the feedback from Dieter Fleischer has gone missing. Dieter was trying to pour oil onto the troubled waters of Steve - so no real info has gone missing.

Regarding the credability of Steve's report: this is the same track at which Rene Cornella secured the West German Championship (finishing second to the Kyosho of, I think, Christoph Peitsch). In the report from Uwe Baldes, there was no mention of the 705 being off-the pace in comparison with the rest - Uwe managed to qualify in 3rd or 4th place.
The 705 had a reasonably strong showing at this race, so I don't see why Steve should have had such problems and why he should suggest that the track is completely unsuitable for the 705!?!?!

Maybe it is not the best track for the 705, but others have proved it is possible to drive well there!
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 01:49 AM   #3483
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Two interesting designs

Quote:
Maybe it is not the best track for the 705, but others have proved it is possible to drive well there!
Thanks for the nice info and update. I can always count on you for those translations. I guess I'll have to fire Babelfish for not doing a good job. I had a headache last night trying to decipher what the hell was he trying to say

Yes, a car can do so much but it's the driver that plays the important part at the end of the day.
Old 09-09-2003, 01:57 AM   #3484
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Two interesting designs

Quote:
Thanks for the nice info and update. I can always count on you for those translations. I guess I'll have to fire Babelfish for not doing a good job. I had a headache last night trying to decipher what the hell was he trying to say

Yes, a car can do so much but it's the driver that plays the important part at the end of the day.
My nephew tried to use Babelfish to help him with his German homework - he wanted to translate "My brothers are called X & Y" Babelfish translated this to something like "I want to ring my brothers" Silly boy

If I have time tonight, I'll do a full translation of his report. The very last line was very, very hard: "I would like to thank Dieter, as only with his help was it possible for me to limit the amount of humiliation" - the unwritten words in the sentance would be "serpent's humiliation". Hmmmm
Old 09-09-2003, 02:17 AM   #3485
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Two interesting designs

Quote:
My nephew tried to use Babelfish to help him with his German homework - he wanted to translate "My brothers are called X & Y" Babelfish translated this to something like "I want to ring my brothers" Silly boy
ROTFLMAO

Perhaps the brother's names somehow translates to the word ring...

Quote:
If I have time tonight, I'll do a full translation of his report. The very last line was very, very hard: "I would like to thank Dieter, as only with his help was it possible for me to limit the amount of humiliation" - the unwritten words in the sentance would be "serpent's humiliation". Hmmmm
Woow, hard words. So for sure one guy will be axed out from the German Serpent camp next year.
Old 09-09-2003, 02:28 AM   #3486
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Two interesting designs

Quote:
ROTFLMAO

Perhaps the brother's names somehow translates to the word ring...

Woow, hard words. So for sure one guy will be axed out from the German Serpent camp next year.
Babelfish got confused between call in terms of telephone calling and call in terms of what someones name is

I'm not sure if Mr Baumgarten is a Serpent-Team man. His picture in the gallery shows him wearing a Pro8-Team t-shirt. Pro8 are a serpent dealer come serpent racing expert outfit. They have their own team with a set of drivers. I don't think Serpent will be too happy with Herrn Baumgarten!!!
Old 09-09-2003, 10:39 AM   #3487
Tech Adept

Well, well... The lastest "rumour" ive read is that Serpent isnt going to announce another nitro tourer (not at Chicago at least). The only new car is going to be the 950R, which, appently, is different from the team kit. Maybe Xray/Hudy will carry the NT tourch? I guess we will found out soon.
johan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 10:56 AM   #3488
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by johan
Well, well... The lastest "rumour" ive read is that Serpent isnt going to announce another nitro tourer (not at Chicago at least). The only new car is going to be the 950R, which, appently, is different from the team kit. Maybe Xray/Hudy will carry the NT tourch? I guess we will found out soon.
Interesting suggestion about Xray doing a Nitro - but still all the rumours that have been going around have pointed towards a new Serpent tourer - but it is all speculation until something is said officially.

Not long to wait now...
Old 09-09-2003, 11:23 AM   #3489
Tech Adept

Quote:
Interesting suggestion about Xray doing a Nitro - but still all the rumours that have been going around have pointed towards a new Serpent tourer - but it is all speculation until something is said officially.

Not long to wait now...
I agree 100%. The Xray/Hudy stuff was somehing that was barely hinted at.
Old 09-09-2003, 12:18 PM   #3490
Tech Regular

I really don't think that XRay would release a Nitro car, simply because they are partnered with Hudy and Serpent; They complement each other as is right now. Ralph Burch ran at the recent Electric Paved Nationals and placed 2nd with his XRay. I'm sure that there are plenty of other Serpent drivers who run electric - when they do, you can bet that they probably drive an XRay, if they do not already have a prior commitment to another manufacturer.
TurnNBurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 01:01 PM   #3491
Tech Adept

Does anybody know of the new .12 manifold. Some say the team drivers are using a new manifold wich is wider (like the conicle .21)
Schrijver99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 01:39 PM   #3492
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by TurnNBurn
I really don't think that XRay would release a Nitro car, simply because they are partnered with Hudy and Serpent; They complement each other as is right now. Ralph Burch ran at the recent Electric Paved Nationals and placed 2nd with his XRay. I'm sure that there are plenty of other Serpent drivers who run electric - when they do, you can bet that they probably drive an XRay, if they do not already have a prior commitment to another manufacturer.
I thought that xray and hudy were the same company more or less? Localized in the same city and owned by same owner? I agree with your analysis.
Old 09-09-2003, 05:26 PM   #3493
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Schrijver99
Does anybody know of the new .12 manifold. Some say the team drivers are using a new manifold wich is wider (like the conicle .21)
I'm not sure if you can use a .21 header on a .12 motor the header will be too big. I have used a .15 header on a .12 motor and it works quite well with good bottom-end power and yes with hard impacts.
PUNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 05:32 PM   #3494
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by johan
Thanks for the latest rumour mill news!!
I was looking foward to see the new Serpent nitro tourer.
I guess we will have to do the "wait & see" thingy.
PUNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 06:30 PM   #3495
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to serpentracer1

Ok guys listen to this gearing im going to be running and I'll let ya know how it works. very small tech track straight 100ft long and tight in the infield
47/22 rear
18/25 side (for front overdrive)
16/24 front

12/50 first gear
15 or 16/46 2nd gear (not sure bout top end gear yet)

Also gonna run the Orig. gear diff in the front

Do ya think I'll have enough low end in the infield with that gearing? Ive found a way to do it Now I hope it works.
Orion R10 Pro VST powered
serpentracer1 is offline   Reply With Quote