R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-06-2003, 09:10 PM   #3421
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Re: Re: 1/8th Sevo saver

Slotmachine, the 1/8th scale servo saver trick is not new. Back in the days of non HPI forum on the Serpent Impulse PRO thread, this was already discussed. I believe the tip was passed to us in a form of a fax from Art Carbonnel directed to one of the racers (Kyle Gannon). In that tip, there were other stuff that was described among other things where Impact parts (pulleys etc) were used in the Impulse PRO.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 10:53 PM   #3422
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: lost...
Posts: 2,854
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: 1/8th Sevo saver

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Slotmachine, the 1/8th scale servo saver trick is not new. Back in the days of non HPI forum on the Serpent Impulse PRO thread, this was already discussed. I believe the tip was passed to us in a form of a fax from Art Carbonnel directed to one of the racers (Kyle Gannon). In that tip, there were other stuff that was described among other things where Impact parts (pulleys etc) were used in the Impulse PRO.
Hey D, you got photographic memory? remembering all that
__________________
Sometimes I post just to look at Kraig's avatar
RoyU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 10:56 PM   #3423
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Race brakepad-set L + R (type A) - 9607

Woow, this is just in from mytsn.

Quote;

Braking at its best !

Complete set of steel brake-plate with a special type of, pre-mounted, brake-liner. Fits all Serpent cars. After many tests this brake-compound proofs a very high coefficient of friction, under al sorts of conditions. It needs limited time to heat up and then stays very stabile. No more glueing of brake-pads. The pads are mounted on to the plates in an industrial oven and then grinded to the correct thickness.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 10:58 PM   #3424
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 1/8th Sevo saver

Quote:
Originally posted by RoyU
Hey D, you got photographic memory? remembering all that
I get paid by HPI

Did you not remember that piece of fax posted on that forum?
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 11:09 PM   #3425
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: lost...
Posts: 2,854
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 1/8th Sevo saver

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
I get paid by HPI

Did you not remember that piece of fax posted on that forum?
Let's just say "the seventies were good to me"
__________________
Sometimes I post just to look at Kraig's avatar
RoyU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 11:11 PM   #3426
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 1/8th Sevo saver

Quote:
Originally posted by RoyU
Let's just say "the seventies were good to me"
Holy cow... Bell bottoms, Beetles and flower power ring a bell?
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 11:38 PM   #3427
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Race brakepad-set L + R (type A) - 9607

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Woow, this is just in from mytsn.

Quote;

Braking at its best !

Complete set of steel brake-plate with a special type of, pre-mounted, brake-liner. Fits all Serpent cars. After many tests this brake-compound proofs a very high coefficient of friction, under al sorts of conditions. It needs limited time to heat up and then stays very stabile. No more glueing of brake-pads. The pads are mounted on to the plates in an industrial oven and then grinded to the correct thickness.
NICE! Someone is working overtime at Serpent - normally there are no product updates during a weekend - maybe they have soooooo many new things, that they now have to work longer
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 11:41 PM   #3428
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Re: Race brakepad-set L + R (type A) - 9607

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
NICE! Someone is working overtime at Serpent - normally there are no product updates during a weekend - maybe they have soooooo many new things, that they now have to work longer
Yup, moreso during summer.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 11:48 PM   #3429
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: lost...
Posts: 2,854
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 1/8th Sevo saver

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Holy cow... Bell bottoms, Beetles and flower power ring a bell?
Yup, I'm an oldie
Memory not like it used to be
__________________
Sometimes I post just to look at Kraig's avatar
RoyU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 11:51 PM   #3430
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 1/8th Sevo saver

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
I saw it was close on mine, but it didn't seem to touch the pulley - I'm using the solid axle and not the one way - maybe there is a size difference there?
If it is touching, then you will certainly have to modify the servo saver.

Cheers, Mark.
Mark and taz, it could be the different servos you're using? What are they?

I checked the one way and the solid axle. The 24T pulley (808229) is the same one used on the solid axle and one way. So they cannot be different.

P/S: I just noticed that the pulley flange (right side) on the solid axle is installed wrongly
Attached Images
File Type: jpg solidaxle_oneway.jpg (188.9 KB, 63 views)
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 11:52 PM   #3431
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: lost...
Posts: 2,854
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

BTW D, do you live 24/7 in front of your computer?
It seems like you're always on the forums/threads
__________________
Sometimes I post just to look at Kraig's avatar
RoyU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 11:55 PM   #3432
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by RoyU
BTW D, do you live 24/7 in front of your computer?
Really? I'm actually sleep writing.

Ummm, don't old people need to sleep less?
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 12:13 AM   #3433
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: lost...
Posts: 2,854
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Really? I'm actually sleep writing.

Ummm, don't old people need to sleep less?

Well actually, I would like to sleep more, but I end up sleeping less
Then I become a GRUMPY, FRUMPY, GRUMPY old man

BTW, we're getting off the subject 705 remember
__________________
Sometimes I post just to look at Kraig's avatar
RoyU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 12:18 AM   #3434
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: lost...
Posts: 2,854
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

BTW D, when are you coming to Hawaii??
I sure can't afford to go to Malaysia?
And NO, I can't afford to sponsor you
__________________
Sometimes I post just to look at Kraig's avatar
RoyU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 12:24 AM   #3435
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 1/8th Sevo saver

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Mark and taz, it could be the different servos you're using? What are they?

I checked the one way and the solid axle. The 24T pulley (808229) is the same one used on the solid axle and one way. So they cannot be different.

P/S: I just noticed that the pulley flange (right side) on the solid axle is installed wrongly
Mine is part 1635.

What was that with the pulley flange?
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 710 Ron C. Nitro On-Road 23347 03-16-2010 02:47 PM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Serpent 835 JFCJ R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-20-2005 09:29 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:41 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net