R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-06-2003, 12:43 PM   #3406
Tech Master
 
modellor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 1,447
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
I think that's the rear - I was refitting my front dogs last night and tried both ends, as I remembered that one end was bigger than the other, but both end fit ok....must be the rears that are different.

You don't have a digicam, do you?
Then the Serpent ones will fit no problem. I dont have a digital any more. Last one got stolen. But my dad has got a nice new Fuji which I hope to get off him next Sunday when he is back from holidays. Planning on snapping a lot of quality pictures of my Serpent and heavily modified yokomo.
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 12:44 PM   #3407
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: 1/8th Sevo saver

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
InitialD recommened it for a better Ackermann, but it also solves the ball fit problem, too.
Thanks for the heads up Mark. I did not know about the ball fit problem it will solve. I'll put that as one of the things to get if I can find them here in the LHS.

I guess you're not that evil after all
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 12:46 PM   #3408
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Re: 1/8th Sevo saver

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Thanks for the heads up Mark. I did not know about the ball fit problem it will solve. I'll put that as one of the things to get if I can find them here in the LHS.

I guess you're not that evil after all
Peace brother!
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 12:47 PM   #3409
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by modellor
Then the Serpent ones will fit no problem. I dont have a digital any more. Last one got stolen. But my dad has got a nice new Fuji which I hope to get off him next Sunday when he is back from holidays. Planning on snapping a lot of quality pictures of my Serpent and heavily modified yokomo.
Nice one!!! Just hope your Dad forgets he lent you the camera

Look forward to seeing the pics!!
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 12:55 PM   #3410
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by modellor
The outdrives will fit on the same as the Serpent ones (direct bolt onto the gear diff adapters/solid axle ends). But they are also longer and the slot doesnt go as deep for the dogbone pins as the ones on the Serpent do.
Ummm, are we talking about the same thing here? Outdrives as in diff adaptors (801393) or the wheel axle (801215 or 801214 for the pro version)?

For the moment I thought you meant the outdrive as being the part where you fit into the 10x15x4 bearings at the steering knuckles (801215 or 801214)...
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 01:00 PM   #3411
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Look forward to seeing the pics!!
Friday only, please...
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 01:01 PM   #3412
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Re: 1/8th Sevo saver

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Thanks for the heads up Mark. I did not know about the ball fit problem it will solve. I'll put that as one of the things to get if I can find them here in the LHS.

I guess you're not that evil after all
Here you go InitialD, a picture for you of the servo savers. The one if the foreground is the original 705 saver the one with the steering arms connected is the 1/8th part - notice the flange position!!!

NOTE: both servo savers are upside down on the table

PS: No it isn't the D1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg saver.jpg (51.3 KB, 66 views)
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 01:08 PM   #3413
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Re: Re: 1/8th Sevo saver

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Here you go InitialD, a picture for you of the servo savers. The one if the foreground is the original 705 saver the one with the steering arms connected is the 1/8th part - notice the flange position!!!
Interesting... Why didn't Serpent include this servo saver in the 705 after learning from the Impulse / Impulse PRO? The Serpent USA team drivers were already using them in their cars back in the Impulse PRO days...

Now who says you don't have any pics? We make exceptions even if they are non D1 pics

Anyway, your Ixus pic revealed that your battery plug connector is kinda broken. Better fix it before you get into trouble with the connectors going bad...
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 01:13 PM   #3414
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: 1/8th Sevo saver

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Interesting... Why didn't Serpent include this servo saver in the 705 after learning from the Impulse / Impulse PRO? The Serpent USA team drivers were already using them in their cars back in the Impulse PRO days...

Now who says you don't have any pics? We make exceptions even if they are non D1 pics

Anyway, your Ixus pic revealed that your battery plug connector is kinda broken. Better fix it before you get into trouble with the connectors going bad...
Man-o-Man, I land myself it trouble so easily
I'll also have to pray to the big RC God in forgivness for posting pictures on a non-picture Day!!!
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 03:08 PM   #3415
Tech Master
 
modellor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 1,447
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Ummm, are we talking about the same thing here? Outdrives as in diff adaptors (801393) or the wheel axle (801215 or 801214 for the pro version)?

For the moment I thought you meant the outdrive as being the part where you fit into the 10x15x4 bearings at the steering knuckles (801215 or 801214)...
Yep. We are talking about the same thing. Outdrives as in diff adapters. I keep forgetting Serpent are odd and dont call them outdrives.
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 03:20 PM   #3416
Tech Regular
 
taz5176's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 271
Default Re: Re: Re: 1/8th Sevo saver

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Here you go InitialD, a picture for you of the servo savers. The one if the foreground is the original 705 saver the one with the steering arms connected is the 1/8th part - notice the flange position!!!

NOTE: both servo savers are upside down on the table

PS: No it isn't the D1
i've tried the 1/8 servo-saver, although it's well clear of the belts, but it seems to touch the gear on the on-way, do i need to mod to use it?
taz5176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 03:32 PM   #3417
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: 1/8th Sevo saver

Quote:
Originally posted by taz5176
i've tried the 1/8 servo-saver, although it's well clear of the belts, but it seems to touch the gear on the on-way, do i need to mod to use it?
I saw it was close on mine, but it didn't seem to touch the pulley - I'm using the solid axle and not the one way - maybe there is a size difference there?
If it is touching, then you will certainly have to modify the servo saver.

Cheers, Mark.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 04:01 PM   #3418
Tech Regular
 
TurnNBurn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 384
Default

Mark,

Going back to the solid diff problem, you were having:

I live in Miami, FL - home of SerpentUSA... The team drivers were testing both the solid diffs and one-ways in the Prop prototype a good 6 months before the Pro was released. This was where I heard about several Impact parts that were being used on the Impulse, most visible of which was the rear anti-roll bar setup as now used on the 705. Based on the above, it would be a good bet that the Impact driveshafts will be the trick to solve that problem. Like I said earlier, it would be nice if Serpent's cross-reference list for parts compatibility were better.
TurnNBurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 07:07 PM   #3419
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by TurnNBurn
I live in Miami, FL - home of SerpentUSA... The team drivers were testing both the solid diffs and one-ways in the Prop prototype a good 6 months before the Pro was released. This was where I heard about several Impact parts that were being used on the Impulse, most visible of which was the rear anti-roll bar setup as now used on the 705. Based on the above, it would be a good bet that the Impact driveshafts will be the trick to solve that problem.
TurnNBurn, were the FC steering blocks present during the PRO days? No. I believe this problem Mark discovered is new. I don't think at that time the team drivers needed to use Impact FRONT doggies as the current one Impulse / 705 ones work fine. The only Impact doggies that needed to be used were the REAR doggies if the Impact ball diff, Impact rear solid axle or the FPS diff were to be used. Now, the 705 design spots the doggies and the ball diff design from Impact.

Anyway, the problem will only arrise (like Mark's) if one were to use the FC steering blocks with a solid front diff (as well as a front gear diff too I believe) as these steering blocks are offset out quite a bit. I do believe with the older steering blocks, they do not pose this problem with a solid front axle.

I believe Serpent overlooked on that one about using solid front axle with the FC steering blocks on the 705 just like when they announced that the Impulse front gear diff cannot be used on the 705

Quote:
Originally posted by TurnNBurn
Like I said earlier, it would be nice if Serpent's cross-reference list for parts compatibility were better.
In my opinion, I think that's the beauty of the Serpent parts list. There is always some parts to try with a little bit of fitting from the other bigger cars which will yield different results. The possibilities and potential are always an unknown factor
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 09:01 PM   #3420
Tech Champion
 
Slotmachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Germantown Maryland
Posts: 5,695
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Slotmachine
Default Re: Re: 1/8th Sevo saver

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Thanks for the heads up Mark. I did not know about the ball fit problem it will solve. I'll put that as one of the things to get if I can find them here in the LHS.

I guess you're not that evil after all
I see that people are useing the trick that I told initial D. sometime ago,the 1/8th. servo saver does give a better ackerman angle and as mentioned the tie rod placement is an added bonus.
__________________
HOBBYWING NORTH AMERICA /FALCON SEKIDO/ TEKNO RC TEAM/VBC Racing America/VP-PRO RACING TIRES/2010 R.O.A.R. VTA National Champion Driving a T2R PRO/NANO-TECH Batteries Paul Rush
Slotmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 710 Ron C. Nitro On-Road 23347 03-16-2010 02:47 PM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Serpent 835 JFCJ R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-20-2005 09:29 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:39 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net