R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-22-2003, 12:30 PM   #3241
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27

Quote:
Originally posted by johan
Well on another note, Herb has said something about a hudy/xray nitro tourer both here and at trinity techtalk... Xray will announce 2 cars at Chicago, one which will seems like a mirco car... But the other? I guess a new electric tourer but you never know.

Mark. That is about "Developments on the 705" regarding the question "upgrade for 705" not a "replacement for the 705". My nitpicking still stands
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 12:54 PM   #3242
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Thumbs up New Kits

Hey Guys!
The new kits coming out from Serpent only makes me want to buy them!! If a company interest is only to improve their products by coming out with new kits every year gets me anxious too!! You have to consider that Serpent only makes On-Road Nitro cars........sooo,what do you expect!!
PUNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 01:01 PM   #3243
Tech Master

Exclamation

Wow D!!
Nice up-grade on the upper rear arms!

Has anyone tried the 4mm chassis from Serpent for the 705?
Old 08-22-2003, 01:03 PM   #3244
Tech Master

Quote:
Well on another note, Herb has said something about a hudy/xray nitro tourer both here and at trinity techtalk... Xray will announce 2 cars at Chicago, one which will seems like a mirco car... But the other? I guess a new electric tourer but you never know.

Mark. That is about "Developments on the 705" regarding the question "upgrade for 705" not a "replacement for the 705". My nitpicking still stands
Johan, If you care to sieve back through this thread you will notice that I mentioned a couple of months back that Serpent are indeed bringing out a new 200mm car for next year. The unofficial release date is most likely to be just after the Winternats as they are not planning to release it until the new year.

But from my own personal sources I have been told you can expect a Mugen style car.
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 01:33 PM   #3245
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27

Quote:
Originally posted by modellor
Johan, If you care to sieve back through this thread you will notice that I mentioned a couple of months back that Serpent are indeed bringing out a new 200mm car for next year. The unofficial release date is most likely to be just after the Winternats as they are not planning to release it until the new year.

But from my own personal sources I have been told you can expect a Mugen style car.
Hi Modellor,

I don't follow too much the other makes of car, so what would a Mugen style car be? What would the advantages be over the 705?

Did you make it to the Euros?

Cheers, Mark.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 01:34 PM   #3246
Tech Adept

Yes im aware of that modellor, see quote below.

Well to move on with subject, my guess is that the new car will have: "0.8 gears", laydown st servo, a suspension which is not based on the impact, rear camber links, the new externally adjustabe ball diff, and that it will weigh less.

Quote:
Well, serpent updates or releases new cars almost every year. If you check car list and the cars releases dates, under "products" at mytsn.com, you will see what i mean.

04−01−99 streetspec
01−07−00 streetspec 2speed
30−11−01 impulse pro
06−09−02 s705
09?-03 s706???
johan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 01:35 PM   #3247
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by PUNISHER
Wow D!!
Nice up-grade on the upper rear arms!
Thanks Hope it works out fine for this weekend's racing

Quote:
Has anyone tried the 4mm chassis from Serpent for the 705?
Have you?
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 01:44 PM   #3248
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Guys, forget about all this talk and speculation about a new car coming. It is going to come and when it comes, we'll start talking about it. As it is, it'll be a long more way to come.

Ummm, I don't know but with all the hopla about low CG this and that, the 705 still spanks the competition in the Euros and nearly spanks the rest at the recent Roar Nats if not for the many flips that Ralph had. Talk about old design my a$$ ... No doubt Team Serpent has one of the best drivers in the world but when you're at that level of competition, everyone is a world beater.

Well, having said that, the current car is already a winner in my eyes. I would think having all the latest gizmo, the latest Serpent tourer will be untouchable.
Old 08-22-2003, 02:02 PM   #3249
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Hi Modellor,

I don't follow too much the other makes of car, so what would a Mugen style car be? What would the advantages be over the 705?

Did you make it to the Euros?

Cheers, Mark.
Like Johan said in the other post. Laydown steering servo, 0.8mm gearing, etc... But the only real advantage if any will be the lower CG. But even that will be minimal.

I didnt go to the Euros. I decided to stay at home with my gran. Glad I did now.
Old 08-22-2003, 02:03 PM   #3250
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Well, having said that, the current car is already a winner in my eyes. I would think having all the latest gizmo, the latest Serpent tourer will be untouchable.
The 705 definately is the car to beat at this time but I dont know about the other part. You'll see what I mean soon.
Old 08-22-2003, 02:12 PM   #3251
Tech Prophet

Quote:
The 705 definately is the car to beat at this time but I dont know about the other part.
Which other part are you refering to?

The thing is the 705 is still able to match these current new cars in the market that are already equipped with low CG parts like lowered engine mounts, laid down steering servo and a more efficient 0.8 module gearbox. I would only imagine what it would be like when the next generation Serpent tourer is equipped with those goodies
Old 08-22-2003, 02:13 PM   #3252
Tech Master

Quote:
Thanks Hope it works out fine for this weekend's racing
Cool......let us know!

Quote:
Have you?
Heheheheh.....YUP!

I'm going try it out for this weekend's racing.
Old 08-22-2003, 02:17 PM   #3253
Tech Master

Quote:
Which other part are you refering to?

The thing is the 705 is still able to match these current new cars in the market that are already equipped with low CG parts like lowered engine mounts, laid down steering servo and a more efficient 0.8 module gearbox. I would only imagine what it would be like when the next generation Serpent tourer is equipped with those goodies
I like my Snake how it is right now!!
No problem beating other cars without those other goodies!!
Old 08-22-2003, 02:17 PM   #3254
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Cool......let us know!
Actually, I should mention that the mod I did is not the same as the one done on Ralph's car. As you can see, the rear upper arms on Ralph's car is mounted more towards the center of the chassis thus making for "longer" suspension arms.

I made mine just to be able to vary the rear trackwidth of the car.

Quote:
Heheheheh.....YUP!

I'm going try it out for this weekend's racing.
Somehow, my funny bone tells me you have one Any pics to show before the beautiful chassis gets scared? How much did you get it for?
Old 08-22-2003, 02:20 PM   #3255
Tech Prophet

Quote:
I like my Snake how it is right now!!
No problem beating other cars with those other goodies!!
Correct I like mine too It just goes to show that other cars need those goodies just to be on par with the Snake