R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-14-2003, 01:47 AM   #2641
Tech Regular
 
taz5176's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 271
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
How different are you getting? What results were different? Top speed? Did you change the Top RPM from 34000 to 36000? I just checked it and it comes out with similar results
ohhh, my mistake
for ur version, if i divide the final rear ratio wif the final front ratio, then i would get the same results, thxthx
taz5176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 01:49 AM   #2642
Tech Regular
 
taz5176's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 271
Default Chassis ALU 7075 T6 4 mm Serpent 705

check out the new 4mm chassis from serpent, looks cool! but pricey from the euro there. but definitely gonna get it!
http://www.rbproducts.com/serpent/news/8801186.htm
taz5176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 01:59 AM   #2643
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Chassis ALU 7075 T6 4 mm Serpent 705

Quote:
Originally posted by taz5176
check out the new 4mm chassis from serpent, looks cool! but pricey from the euro there. but definitely gonna get it!
http://www.rbproducts.com/serpent/news/8801186.htm
That's cool new info taz I wonder if it's an original Serpent part. It looks like the new chassis part number is 801186.

Quote;



The 705 is a so over-equipped car that the options which are intended to him are rare!

The optional frame of 4 mm for the 705 is a limited edition! It gets a greater rigidity, an increased resistance and its oblique millings avoid with the frame touching the track at the time of the strong supports and passages over the vibrators.


The chassis looks like the chassis for 835 with the sides chamferred. Well, it also looks like the Wolfpack a little on the sides. Don't know how much it'll weight but the price is EURO 97.12
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 03:17 AM   #2644
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 110
Default

I saw that chassis this weekend on a team drivers car. It looked awesome. The chassis is indeed thinner at the sides and thicker in the middle witch looked very cool. Other things i saw:

Shocks with more holes (5)

Modified mounting position on the front upper arms

Serpent releasing touring car bodies (Volvo s60)
johan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 03:24 AM   #2645
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

Hey johan, no pictures of the team driver's car?

The shocks with more holes information have been around for a month or so. I keep seeing this appearing in the test setups on mytsn by factory drivers.

I think the 1/8th scale drivers have been using and testing them out on their 950 on the major races. And yes, Ralph Burch did it again

New front shock mounting positions? Ummm...
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 04:23 AM   #2646
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 110
Default

InitialD, no pictures. Not shock mounting positions (they were, as usual, on the bearingblock) . The front upper arms were, I think, attached a few milimeters upp and in to the car (bulkhead).
johan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 04:38 AM   #2647
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

Thanks for the clarification. My bad, I read wrongly

Ummm, so they are going to modify the current mold for the front bulkheads and include different mounting positions for the arms to change the front roll center... Cool

While they are at it, lets hope perhaps they could modify the mounting screw hole positions to line up with the holes on the carbon graphite radio upper deck
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 06:28 AM   #2648
Tech Master
 
modellor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 1,447
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Thanks for the clarification. My bad, I read wrongly

Ummm, so they are going to modify the current mold for the front bulkheads and include different mounting positions for the arms to change the front roll center... Cool

While they are at it, lets hope perhaps they could modify the mounting screw hole positions to line up with the holes on the carbon graphite radio upper deck
InitialD - You must have missed my last post on this subject. There is nothing wrong with the holes in the blocks. The holes in the Radio Plate are wrong.
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 06:32 AM   #2649
Tech Master
 
modellor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 1,447
Default Re: Re: Chassis ALU 7075 T6 4 mm Serpent 705

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
That's cool new info taz I wonder if it's an original Serpent part. It looks like the new chassis part number is 801186.

Quote;



The 705 is a so over-equipped car that the options which are intended to him are rare!

The optional frame of 4 mm for the 705 is a limited edition! It gets a greater rigidity, an increased resistance and its oblique millings avoid with the frame touching the track at the time of the strong supports and passages over the vibrators.


The chassis looks like the chassis for 835 with the sides chamferred. Well, it also looks like the Wolfpack a little on the sides. Don't know how much it'll weight but the price is EURO 97.12
This is a bad price. My chassis looks something like that one (the chamfers on the side to reduce weight) but it is less than 60 Euros. I have altered the shape of a couple of holes to add strength to the chassis at the front and to increase the airflow around the engine.
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 06:38 AM   #2650
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 110
Default

They had drilled new holes to attach the arm. I'm not sure if they are going to release it, and if they do, more than one position will be available. But if it works well...
johan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 06:38 AM   #2651
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Re: Re: Chassis ALU 7075 T6 4 mm Serpent 705

Quote:
Originally posted by modellor
This is a bad price. My chassis looks something like that one (the chamfers on the side to reduce weight) but it is less than 60 Euros. I have altered the shape of a couple of holes to add strength to the chassis at the front and to increase the airflow around the engine.
Is your chassis now available?

Cheers, Mark.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 10:55 AM   #2652
Tech Elite
 
John Fontaine's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: SouthEast PA
Posts: 2,699
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine
Default

InitialD - Earlier in this thread you said you modified the front left bulkhead to accept the exhaust hanger better. I'm having a problem holding the hanger in place by the standard setscrew during colision. Can you give me a how to/and part numbers to do your conversion? Hopefully it will help me out.
John Fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 07:54 PM   #2653
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Devin
InitialD - Earlier in this thread you said you modified the front left bulkhead to accept the exhaust hanger better. I'm having a problem holding the hanger in place by the standard setscrew during colision. Can you give me a how to/and part numbers to do your conversion? Hopefully it will help me out.
You need to modify the front bulkhead by cutting the plastic piece that holds the exhaust hanger. This is done so that there is a space flat enough for an aluminum exhaust holder piece to be mounted below the radio tray.

I have attached a picture here but it only shows barely from the top the aluminum exhaust holder that can be found on Kyosho cars. I think the one I got is made by 5 stars if I'm not mistaken. I'll take better pics when I get back. This is what I have at the current moment. But anyway, I believe there are some other brands out there that makes the same kind of aluminum piece to hold the exhaust hanger.

Use a M3 cap scew or a button head and mount the aluminum exhaust holder piece by using the same hole for the grub scew on the bulkhead. That's all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg exhaust_holder.jpg (187.4 KB, 95 views)
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 07:58 PM   #2654
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by modellor
InitialD - You must have missed my last post on this subject. There is nothing wrong with the holes in the blocks. The holes in the Radio Plate are wrong.
Instead of changing the holes on the carbon graphite radio plate, could they just change the holes on the bulkhead to line them all up?
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 08:26 PM   #2655
Tech Master
 
modellor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 1,447
Default

Yeah. I see your point. If they are making new blocks for different arm mounting locations it would be cheaper for them to alter the radio plate mounting holes also instead of changing the radio plate (especially when a totally new car will be released in December featuring lay down steering and a few other changes.
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 710 Ron C. Nitro On-Road 23347 03-16-2010 02:47 PM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Serpent 835 JFCJ R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-20-2005 09:29 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:48 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net