R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-10-2003, 10:07 PM   #2566
Tech Adept

Cool Front Solid Axle "bulletproof"

Hi Guys!!

Reading your post about the front solid axle, I found this article long time ago , talks about how to make your front solid diff undestructible, ,, hehehe!! ,, Sorry "D" , but we have to help each other in this hobby that we love,,

The author of this report is Glenn Clauley, he have good info in his columm, so enjoy, and happy racing !!

Bulletproof

Ciao!!
paulfitipauldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 10:19 PM   #2567
Tech Adept

Cool

Also check the talks back too....

Ciao!!
Old 07-10-2003, 10:38 PM   #2568
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Front Solid Axle "bulletproof"

Quote:
Originally posted by paulfitipauldi
Hi Guys!!

Reading your post about the front solid axle, I found this article long time ago , talks about how to make your front solid diff undestructible, ,, hehehe!! ,, Sorry "D" , but we have to help each other in this hobby that we love,,

The author of this report is Glenn Clauley, he have good info in his columm, so enjoy, and happy racing !!

Bulletproof

Ciao!!
Hey Paul, it's been some time you've been around... Yeah, that's a good article

The one I was referring to was in one of the forums at mytsn;

JAMES KELLY (UK) 02−04−03 at 00:47
Myself and most of the guys I know who have used the solid front axle have broken them or at least the end lugs holding the drive cups have chewed up. The alloy used is very very soft and just not up to the job.

I cured it early last year by boring a hole (with lathe) right through the centre of the axle and fitting a steel bar right through. The bar is fastened by a grubscrew in the alloy below the plastic pulley. I never had any trouble after that. I eventually replaced the steel bar with a titanium one for less weight.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 10:44 PM   #2569
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Hey Paul!! Long time no hear or see!!
Yes, the solid front axle is a good and cheap hop-up to try out! I too had a problem with the soft aluminum the axle is made from. I used it in my Impulse awhile back and liked how it gave me more corner speed into the turns and out.

n1technik,
Those are very nice rides you have there!! I need to pay more attention to my Impact.
PUNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 11:04 PM   #2570
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Front Solid Axle "bulletproof"

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Hey Paul, it's been some time you've been around... Yeah, that's a good article

The one I was referring to was in one of the forums at mytsn;

JAMES KELLY (UK) 02−04−03 at 00:47
Myself and most of the guys I know who have used the solid front axle have broken them or at least the end lugs holding the drive cups have chewed up. The alloy used is very very soft and just not up to the job.

I cured it early last year by boring a hole (with lathe) right through the centre of the axle and fitting a steel bar right through. The bar is fastened by a grubscrew in the alloy below the plastic pulley. I never had any trouble after that. I eventually replaced the steel bar with a titanium one for less weight.

Yikesss!! hehehehhe!!! ,, Sorry!! I always say it, You're the Man!! heheehhe!!,,

Yes , theres a long time I don't write by these places, sorry but I've been very busy reading all your posts here,, but that means that all in here is fine, good racing down here in Puerto Rico!! Me and my team mates were having hard time to wins the A mains,, but the 705's are getting the battle, in the last race i was talking to my friend about this topic, and we are going to make some test with the solid diff in front, because we have 3 tracks with too much twisty turns and only one huge track, that the oneway is no big deal, but in the other three tracks ,, they are closing the gap every day we race!!

Saludos , Initial D and Punisher, and to all the good people around here!! BTW,, I love that D1 Mark ,,

Ciao!!
Old 07-10-2003, 11:11 PM   #2571
Tech Adept

Talking

Sorry but for me ,, today is friday!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg my 705 in action!!.jpg (135.2 KB, 74 views)
Old 07-10-2003, 11:17 PM   #2572
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Sorry but for me ,, today is friday!!
Heheh, the painting scheme looks nice and sharp BTW, what body is that? 300M?

Yes, today is Friday for me too It's like 13 hours of Friday gone already. So expect one or two pics thrown here
Old 07-10-2003, 11:37 PM   #2573
Tech Adept

Talking

still friday morning,,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg my 70501.jpg (37.5 KB, 70 views)
Old 07-10-2003, 11:41 PM   #2574
Tech Adept

Yes,, that's a 300M, here in P.R. are 1:45 AM ,, time to go to bed ,, But ohhhh yeahhh,, its Friday!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg my 70502.jpg (39.0 KB, 63 views)
Old 07-10-2003, 11:45 PM   #2575
Tech Adept

OK,, OK,, the last one,, but I wish have that D1 from Mark!!,, Waoooo,, what a picture,, LOL!! ,, No ofenses D,, youre pics are good ones too!!

Ciao!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg my 70503.jpg (37.4 KB, 67 views)
Old 07-10-2003, 11:54 PM   #2576
Tech Prophet

Quote:
OK,, OK,, the last one,, but I wish have that D1 from Mark!!,, Waoooo,, what a picture,, LOL!! ,, No ofenses D,, youre pics are good ones too!!

Ciao!!
Well, I try my best on my lowly digicam which is probably 1/10th of the price of the D1

The colour balance it slightly off on those last pics you posted... Anyway, that doesn't look to be the star transponder holder from Serpent. What are you using there? Any pics to show how you mount the transponder on the transponder holder?

Also, that looks like a brand new tank you got there Is that the Wasp engine? How's do you like it?

And yes, that roll over handle bar is definitely not Serpent
Old 07-11-2003, 12:08 AM   #2577
Tech Prophet

Default Lightened Centax II Clutchbell (909513)

Now it's Friday for me
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clutchbell.jpg (181.5 KB, 82 views)
Old 07-11-2003, 12:09 AM   #2578
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Well, I try my best on my lowly digicam which is probably 1/10th of the price of the D1

The colour balance it slightly off on those last pics you posted... Anyway, that doesn't look to be the star transponder holder from Serpent. What are you using there? Any pics to show how you mount the transponder on the transponder holder?

Also, that looks like a brand new tank you got there Is that the Wasp engine? How's do you like it?

And yes, that roll over handle bar is definitely not Serpent
Well that's my friend's Digicam,, so I don't now why the colors of that pics looks like that,, only he knows,, and no,, thats the tank that came with the kit,, but you now thats my little baby ,, so i strip the car every time I end the race day ,, the Motor ,, nahhhh!! that's an MT12, I get the head in Ebay, but in the last race the motor was having tuning problems, so i decide to switch to the old one and guess what'?? All the heating and tuning problems gone ,, This motor doesn't like that silver finish head

Sorry,, don't have any pic with the transponder on it,, but I promess you to get one the next time!!,, I have an Hpi Micro and the graphite chassis I was using broke in two parts when made a little jump at high speed so i decide to make my own transponder holder , receiver holder and the tank bracket with the rest of the graphite chassis ,, you now,, I can spend that money in other little things ,, hehehhe!!
Old 07-11-2003, 12:14 AM   #2579
Tech Prophet

Default Transponder Holder Star (1666)

This is the transponder holder that I got. Well, unfortunately I don't have extra pieces of carbon graphite laying here, unless I take a more expensive radio tray and purposely break it into pieces
Attached Images
File Type: jpg transponder.jpg (164.4 KB, 69 views)
Old 07-11-2003, 12:19 AM   #2580
Tech Adept

Cool

This car looks so beautifull,, when did Serpent will do something like this,,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg serpent lay down servo.jpg (21.9 KB, 69 views)