R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-08-2003, 10:31 PM   #2506
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by PUNISHER
[BOK..thats enough a$$ kissing on this thread. We dont want this thread turn into the MTX3 thread!!
[/B]
Sorry, I got carried away. Ok, I'll limit pictures only on real Fridays
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 10:32 PM   #2507
Tech Prophet

Yes, I have already apologised for underestimating one's capabilities Particularly supra528's...

I share and give my advise from time to time and at some point, I may have intervened and underminded in one's process of making his/her own decission. I do realise this but what can I say... I'm not perfect I'm still in the process of learning and if anybody knows something more than I do, I'm more willing to listen and be corrected. No biggie here.

Isn't this forum about sharing one's ideas? Surely in my opinion, the "what if" situations should be mentioned. Nobody would be able to guess all of them. The forum helps everybody put their thoughts and "what ifs" in a form of racing experiences. I believe it helps everybody look at things at a different angle. I'm just saying it's good to know about them... just not something you should use to impede and slow yourself down. It all depends on the person who digest these things. They should take things and advise posted here with a grain of salt. One man's meat is another man's poison.

I agree with you that the fun part about this hobby is so that you could do things yourself that you never thought you could do or relied of someone else to do it for you. Experienced gained first hand is always fruitful and satisfying but nonetheless, it can also be a painful experience as it is not always enjoyable. I think that part of the risk should be made known, whether or not supra528 attempts to make the pack himself or chickens out and buys himself a pre-made pack.

Anyway, no harm done... Just a difference of opinion and different ways of looking at things. BTW, what car do you run? You look like you have a lot of useful thoughts and experiences that you could share with us...
Old 07-08-2003, 10:40 PM   #2508
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to nizee

Quote:
Originally posted by Jump 7 Miles
I didn’t take it at any ways, right or wrong. I just told you what I think. Not to underestimate other’s ability to learn and understand, nothing more. Sure you have help people a lot on the matter of RC, but you also discourage a lot too, just read you own posts sometime.

Shit does happen, but you cannot predict everything, expecting what could happen and what would should be done about it. Too many “what if” can only slow you down.

To me, it is not a matter of saving $5 or not, it is a matter of doing it, experiencing the hobby, and learning and enjoying at the same time.

Too bad I can only come out and play at night for a short while without getting into trouble, otherwise it would be fun trading ideas or crossing words with you.

Cheers~~~

Just my thoughts

WT
InitialD, i think u been "Mark".
Gotta watch ya word there, some people are just not happy with that.

He must be reading all your post, while still having only 7 post as of now. And surprisingly it started only on this forum. Must be a nice chap.

Can we just be friend? I was not thought to bahave this way. My apology 7 Miles.

nizee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 11:14 PM   #2509
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by n1technik
YES SUPRA just please go ahead and get it. like someone said earlier (D or modellor? ) if you have no experience, i suggest you buy pre-made ones. don't want your $300+ car running around by itself just because you wanted to save $5 right?

but, since it's not that hard of a job to do. and if you do decide to try it, make sure to get 5 AAA size batteries. look for them on ebay or lhs. get 700+mah and it would help if it has taps soldered on already.
okok... lol... going to buy tomorrow
supra528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 11:20 PM   #2510
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Front Shocks (Serpent 705)

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Here's the front. What you may perceive as as dirt is not what it is actually... It's Mark's Photoshop filter that is screwing up my pics Somehow, he's managed to put some canvas oil painting effect on the filter
SLANDER!!! I sold you that filter as seen!
I could eat my dinner off that car - you should see mine!!!
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 11:21 PM   #2511
Tech Regular

HLY F*CKING SH*T!!!!.... someone got it... !!! AGH!!!!
supra528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 11:25 PM   #2512
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by nizee
InitialD, i think u been "Mark".
Gotta watch ya word there, some people are just not happy with that.
Yes, I know I've always been on target Thanks for the advise though. I'll watch my back

Quote:
Originally posted by nizee
He must be reading all your post, while still having only 7 post as of now. And surprisingly it started only on this forum. Must be a nice chap.
Well, I'm OK if anybody starts to cross words with me so long as they stick to RC matters and respects you as a person No character assassination and attacking you personally. Not like the ones I've experienced with name calling and all. Just plain childish. As I said, I'm still in the process of learning and would be happy if I could learn something new everyday. If I'm wrong, I learn and if I'm correct, everybody learns It works both ways.

I don't mind WT coming in so long as he sticks to discussing things RC. We should not degrade ourselves to people on the other thread where you need to keep out because you do not own a particular car of interest. As long as everybody gets to learn and benefit from it, I'm all gain.
Old 07-08-2003, 11:37 PM   #2513
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by PUNISHER

Very true........

OK..thats enough a$$ kissing on this thread. We dont want this thread turn into the MTX3 thread!!
Punisher don't put other manuf. down....I know whats in your chassis!

I will get that rear shock mount tower/brace. And I charge my receiver pack at 1 amp. w/ no problems ever.
Old 07-08-2003, 11:53 PM   #2514
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Pit-racer
Punisher don't put other manuf. down....I know whats in your chassis!
Let the cat out of the bag

Quote:
Originally posted by Pit-racer
I will get that rear shock mount tower/brace. And I charge my receiver pack at 1 amp. w/ no problems ever.
Ummm, I used to do it at 1 A but that was on brick packs. It should be OK but I thought that the battery pack went south. Keep chasing radio problem which in the end was due to a faulty receiver pack. But then again we have high humidities and temperatures here. So NiMH and NiCD batteries don't usually last long.

I would err on the conservative side and charge AA and AAA batteries at 0.5 A max. Only on those occasions when I need to charge it up fast before a main, I would use 1 A as the charge rate.
Old 07-09-2003, 12:02 AM   #2515
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've always for years charge at 1 amp. never had to replace any packs. Maybe my good luck. As for Punisher lets say he likes other belts.
Old 07-09-2003, 12:08 AM   #2516
Tech Prophet

I think he uses other belts because they are cheaper. I think it's only for the front. But I thought they were 1 tooth more than the Serpent one...
Old 07-09-2003, 12:10 AM   #2517
Tech Adept

what is up with that guy eh? anyways i got a question for you all.
is your servo saver rubbing against front belt? particularily the ball cup (on the servo saver)
i remember having a same problem on my impulse and i do remember overcoming that problem.. just not how..
btw. i'm using ko servo.
n1technik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 12:16 AM   #2518
Tech Prophet

N1, install the ball cups on the servo saver on the other side than from what is shown on the manual. You ball cup linkages may rub slightly on the servo saver. Just shave some material off to make sure that there's no binding and you should be good to go.

As for the ball cup linkage to the steering blocks, just mount them up or down if you see fit. Any which was that will make the steering linkage clear from the front belt.

Serpent assumed that you use Airtronics/Sanwa servo in which case your steering servo linkage will clear away from the front belt.
Old 07-09-2003, 12:20 AM   #2519
Tech Adept

ok i have ball cups installed on bottom side of the servo saver (facing the chassis not the upper deck) like the manual says...
so you suggest installing it on top right? facing the radio plate?
n1technik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 12:23 AM   #2520
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by n1technik
so you suggest installing it on top right? facing the radio plate?
That is correct