R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-08-2003, 08:14 PM   #2476
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Devin
Anyone have any part numbers for a serpent ball or gear dif for the front of the 705. On short twisty tracks that require a lot of breaking I would like to have the ability to throw in another type of diff if need be. Any suggestion? Ball/Gear/solid? The stock one way has a really small pully unlike the rear ball dif. Is this small pully size available for a front ball/gear/solid dif?
As Punisher replied, you only have a gear diff or a solid axle option for the front. There's no ball diff option for the front. Either option will make the car have full time 4WD brakes.

Using one way front diff on a short twisty track needs a lot of practise. You can actually be faster if you know how to drive a one way on a short twisty track
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 08:16 PM   #2477
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Pit-racer
Well it looks like I'll be attending the sedan nats in Calif. #140. So I'll be trying diff. things out until then, any pos. input is appreciated.
Good luck Pit-racer Let us know if you need any help. We'll be more than willing
Old 07-08-2003, 08:17 PM   #2478
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by supra528
ok...i was looking at the clutch nut today and i try to see if my glow plug wrech would screw it in... unfortunatly... it doesnt... i got the dubro one... 4 way ... wat mm socket wrench do i need??
Hey supra, have you gotten or decided on your engine yet?
Old 07-08-2003, 08:34 PM   #2479
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Yep, I've just ordered 450 Euros worth of spares for my car, so that I will have the parts at hand when I break something. For some of the parts, I've ordered the stronger optional items (i.e. stronger axels and drive shafts), so that helped to push the price up quite a bit. At least now, I won't have to sit out a week waiting for parts. Now if I break something, I'll most likely have the part available and can then restock the part.
As you go along, you'll find that you'll accumulate a lot of parts.
I find that since the EUROs are pretty strong at the moment, the parts are more expensive at RCCarinternational. Not so attractive anymore for me as it used to be.

I compared and most parts are like 2/3 of the price in my LHS. The lightened Centax II clutchbell (909513) is EURO 17 after conversion versus the EURO 31.95 listed on RCCarinternational before tax. The transponder holder carbon star (1666) is EURO 12 after conversion versus the EURO 16.97 without tax listed on RCCarinternational. You also need to add shipping which would not be so much but still adds a little to the cost of the parts.
Old 07-08-2003, 08:42 PM   #2480
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by modellor
Result was I missed making the main final and ended any hope of winning the National Championships this year. So I guess I am going to just race the remaining 3 rounds and play blocker for my team mate who is now leading the championship (with a 705 also ). Total cost of damages was around $250 for a total of 20mins running. Just one of those bad days at the track.
Yup, not the fault of the car. Sorry to hear about the bad luck and not being able to be in line with the National Championships... I too did not get a good weekend racing. Broke my right front lower arm on my Impulse for the first time in 9 months I broke the front right shock shaft too. If I had the front shock tower, that would have gone too.

I was just testing out on this new tight and technical track. The track is actually meant for EP. The starights is like 50 to 70 feet max and the track layout is very tight. To make things worse, the track is fenced with brick walls at the ends of the straights
Old 07-08-2003, 08:46 PM   #2481
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Devin
I added a switch as it was tough plugging and unplugging the battery into the receiver directly. Thanks for listening, hopefully I will have it running again for the Trinity ORL race this sunday in NJ.
Sorry to hear your problems... Better luck next time

You actually do not have to use a switch. What you could do is to get a servo extender as a plug. Therefore, you can just plug in and out without plugging in and out directly onto the receiver.
Old 07-08-2003, 08:49 PM   #2482
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Dang, Initial D seems to be the 705 freak on this thread, I'm trying to move up the ranks to Barracuda freak lol
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 09:01 PM   #2483
Tech Prophet

Default Rear Shock Tower (Serpent 705)

There's something wrong with the non D1 pics that I took. Somehow, the Photoshop scrub and clean filter that Mark gave me did not work properly Sabotage? Trust me, the pictures do not do justice to the condition of the car. In real life it looks better

Here's the rear shock tower pics of the 705.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rear_shocks-705.jpg (185.1 KB, 124 views)
Old 07-08-2003, 09:08 PM   #2484
Tech Prophet

Default Front Shocks (Serpent 705)

Here's the front. What you may perceive as as dirt is not what it is actually... It's Mark's Photoshop filter that is screwing up my pics Somehow, he's managed to put some canvas oil painting effect on the filter
Attached Images
File Type: jpg front_shocks-705.jpg (155.3 KB, 122 views)
Old 07-08-2003, 09:18 PM   #2485
Tech Prophet

Default Front Shocks (Impulse PRO)

A pic of the front shocks of my Impulse PRO. I mounted the Lola bumper and modified the front upper bumper support plate in order that the Lola body fits correctly.

Heheh, didn't have time to fix the broken right front shock shaft yet
Attached Images
File Type: jpg front_shocks-impulse.jpg (169.7 KB, 98 views)
Old 07-08-2003, 09:20 PM   #2486
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Punisher, you do not need to get the 808138. You can get just the shock tower which is 808139. Don't mind searching in the mytsn/products because it is not listed there. The 808138 comes with the other screw and ball stuff which you probably already have it. I'll post a pic (pics or pictures) shortly as promised

Anyway, do you have problems with the current 2 speed shoes? Seems to work fine for me. The new one apparently has the additional grub scew for fine tuning, a better material and grabs better... So Serpent says.
O.K. thanks on the part #, no I don't have a problem but serpent says.
Old 07-08-2003, 09:22 PM   #2487
Tech Prophet

Default Rear Shocks (Impulse PRO)

This is the rear side of the Impulse PRO with the floating rear body mount. I did not use the 808139 rear shock tower here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rear_shocks-impulse.jpg (183.6 KB, 150 views)
Old 07-08-2003, 09:23 PM   #2488
Tech Elite

Quote:
Good luck Pit-racer Let us know if you need any help. We'll be more than willing
Thanks, I will.
Old 07-08-2003, 09:28 PM   #2489
Tech Elite

Default Re: Rear Shock Tower (Serpent 705)

Quote:
There's something wrong with the non D1 pics that I took. Somehow, the Photoshop scrub and clean filter that Mark gave me did not work properly Sabotage? Trust me, the pictures do not do justice to the condition of the car. In real life it looks better

Here's the rear shock tower pics of the 705.
So the top holes are not even used.Is the brace used for reinforcement of the block?
and are you using orange on all 4 corners?

Last edited by Pit-racer; 07-08-2003 at 09:33 PM.
Pit-racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 09:33 PM   #2490
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Yup, not the fault of the car. Sorry to hear about the bad luck and not being able to be in line with the National Championships... I too did not get a good weekend racing. Broke my right front lower arm on my Impulse for the first time in 9 months I broke the front right shock shaft too. If I had the front shock tower, that would have gone too.

I was just testing out on this new tight and technical track. The track is actually meant for EP. The starights is like 50 to 70 feet max and the track layout is very tight. To make things worse, the track is fenced with brick walls at the ends of the straights
Hah! try not to run your Snake there, even I have broken my EP right arm + bend doggy bone when I scrape the sidewall while trying to take the high speed bend. Mistakes at that track are costly. You have been the number 1,XXX,XXXX victim of the sidewall!.
spawn is offline   Reply With Quote