R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-01-2003, 04:02 PM   #2281
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

atomic hobbies has a good price on Serpent stuff as well.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 04:14 PM   #2282
Tech Regular

ok... i got a prob wit the shocks... the shock bladders are not sticking onto the ball cup thing... what should i do??? im puttin ca glue on but when i slide the assembly onto the metal thing, the bladder comes off.
supra528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 04:31 PM   #2283
Tech Master

Dont worry about the CA glue on the bladders. I dont have mine glued on and dont have any problems. Come to think of it, I havent glued any bladders on to any shocks in all my racing days and never had any problems with shocks.
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 04:57 PM   #2284
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Bxclip

around ho wmuch would a 705 cost me with everything need to run nto the fuel and glow starter exc. buit with a really good engine radio pip header? also how fast will it go with the engine pipe header u suggest?
thank you to those that reply
Bxclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 05:03 PM   #2285
Tech Regular

ok... thanks modeller... ok... 2 questions... one.. but how do i prevent the bladder from sliding off when i slide it up the metal thing... and 2... i heard something about these ofna shocks that were really good and could fit the serpent... any comments on that??
Old 07-01-2003, 05:11 PM   #2286
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Bxclip
around ho wmuch would a 705 cost me with everything need to run nto the fuel and glow starter exc. buit with a really good engine radio pip header? also how fast will it go with the engine pipe header u suggest?
thank you to those that reply
well you need the kit... im doing this in usd... which is 380, then a decent engine ranges from like 200-330... then pipe and header (an inline set) is like around 100 or 80 i think.. then a good radio can range from like 150 to way way up there... then battery pack is 25, charger can go from like 20 - 200 depending on what you want... umm... then starter box is like around 80... then u need a battery and charger... prob around 30... depending on which you get... then a glow plug ignitor is like 15-20... then fuel is like... well like 10- w/e depending on wat percent nitro, quality, etc... i think thats all you need to get started.. and speed will range from like 60- around 70 depending on gearing, engine, pipe, etc.... if you get a really good engine like a new novarossi ns12 or the novamax tuned engine then you'll be at around 70 prob wit some high gearing... but everything depends on what you have... theres no definate speed that i could give you... cuz then air temp. comes into play... like sometimes in toronto during the summer its like 35 celcius and its like 41 wit the humidity... so you gotta run richer or ull blow ur plugs... but as i said... all depends on wat u got... and same wit price... it all depends... hope it helps... initial d and modeller will prob give u a better answer though...
Old 07-01-2003, 05:44 PM   #2287
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by supra528
ok... thanks modeller... ok... 2 questions... one.. but how do i prevent the bladder from sliding off when i slide it up the metal thing... and 2... i heard something about these ofna shocks that were really good and could fit the serpent... any comments on that??
When you are building the shock cap, put the plastic mount up into the aluminum collar, then push the bladder in, use the tip of an X-Acto to push the bladder up where it should be, dont force it to where you puncture the bladder though, just work it in and take your time. Thread the shock caps on slowly, and dont compress the shock shaft until it is fully tight.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 05:49 PM   #2288
Tech Master

Quote:
Get your credit card out. I am starting to charge for all the tips and advice

But on a serious note. I dont put the bladder into the lid. I fill the shock with oil, bleed it and then insert the bladder directly onto the shock and screw the lid down over it. That makes it a lot easier.

I have not heard much about the Ofna shocks here. They are supposedly good but I cant say 100%. I do know that the Calandra Racing Concept shocks are extremely good. They also fit and are clicker type. Be careful when looking for these. They have 2 different types. One for there own cars and one for Nitro Touring Cars.

www.teamcrc.com

Another free secret (one that Serpent has hid from everyone). The Carbon Radio plate is not produced properly. The 4 screw holes at the front are not in the correct place. Use a round file and file the holes out until the screws can go straight into the bearing block without catching the radio plate. This is the reason so many people are getting tweaked cars at the front. The screws do not go in straight and they then pull the bearing blocks in at the top unevenly creating all the trouble.
Old 07-01-2003, 06:25 PM   #2289
Tech Regular

thanks a ton... so i use the file to file out the bearing block or the radio plate?
Old 07-01-2003, 06:38 PM   #2290
Tech Master

File out the radio plate.
Old 07-01-2003, 07:51 PM   #2291
Tech Regular

ok.. thnx so much.. and ur a genious when it comes to shocks... just a question... whats ur job? r u like an engineer or something?? cuz i also noticed that i think u make like some of ur own upgrades... anyways.. thanks to much for the tips... im almost done the car... i just need my engine and battery pack now.
Old 07-01-2003, 08:16 PM   #2292
Tech Master

Quote:
ok.. thnx so much.. and ur a genious when it comes to shocks... just a question... whats ur job? r u like an engineer or something?? cuz i also noticed that i think u make like some of ur own upgrades... anyways.. thanks to much for the tips... im almost done the car... i just need my engine and battery pack now.
Wish I was an engineer. My trade is an electrican but I am currently working in the sales trade. I do make my own parts which we sell but I learned my skills from building Giant Scale aircraft. (Not easy to find scale undercarriage and hinges for ailerons, etc so you have to learn to make your own). I just made the tools I needed (turned an old sewing machine into a saw, made an adapter to fit onto a 1/4 horse electric motor to make my grinder/sander and tinkered about until I was able to do anything I needed.
Old 07-01-2003, 09:13 PM   #2293
Tech Regular

kool... thats really kool... dam... i really need to get this dam servo saver on
Old 07-01-2003, 09:24 PM   #2294
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by modellor
But on a serious note. I dont put the bladder into the lid. I fill the shock with oil, bleed it and then insert the bladder directly onto the shock and screw the lid down over it. That makes it a lot easier.
Yes, this is one method. I use the other method which is to insert the bladder directly onto the shock head and screw it onto the body. You just need to be patient, just like Randman mentioned.

With the sponge option (909447), the bladders will not collapse so easily after a while. It also gives a more consistant rebound to the shocks as the sponges at the back of the rubber bladder will not collapse easily.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 09:29 PM   #2295
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by BOWTIE1
hmm
can u upgrade the pro to a 705????? just asking there is no pro fourm so can i hang out in here with yall
What I did to my PRO was to upgrade the drive train. The pulleys are now all the same type and style as the 705. I actually did that upgrade way before the 705 came out as the pulleys on the 705 are actually the same as on the larger Impact. I personally think that is the only thing worth upgrading if you're having the PRO as the other parts would be too costly.

Come to think of it, the car that you posted the picture on looks like it has the grub screw mounted Impact style pulleys in aluminum.

Best is to play with the car first. Then you'll probably want to upgrade it like what I did. Let me know and I'll list you the parts that you want to get
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote