R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-28-2003, 03:15 PM   #2206
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by kilokhan
67 Advise
I gather you are saying 67mm is the average tire diameter for new tires?

If so, what tires are you running. I have only ever seen 65mm or 66mm on new tires yet and I have tried nearly every type of tire on the market
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 06:30 PM   #2207
Tech Regular

ok.. i think i might have screwed up my first shock... on the shock piston... where should the smaller e clip go?? should it be on top or on the bottom??
supra528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 07:57 PM   #2208
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Slotmachine
Default E/Clip

Quote:
Originally posted by supra528
ok.. i think i might have screwed up my first shock... on the shock piston... where should the smaller e clip go?? should it be on top or on the bottom??
The small one goes on top!
P/T he`s no M/Shumacher!
Slotmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 11:51 PM   #2209
Tech Regular

OOOPPSS!!! haha... well..i only have done 1 shock... so not a big deal... thnx... lol
Old 06-29-2003, 06:41 AM   #2210
xax
Tech Apprentice

Greetings,

i got a prob wif my car that is with a new rear tyre the max ride height i can obtained is 7mm and cant fully utilised the tyre and the chaisis willl scratch the ground when the tyres worn a little more whereas i see other can use till little foam left on the rim
However i don't have such prob wif front tyre. i have check the arm and both are moving freely. Btw the downstop is 0mm for front and 5mm for rear.Thanks
xax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 07:10 AM   #2211
xax
Tech Apprentice

Greetings,

i got a prob wif my car that is with a new rear tyre the max ride height i can obtained is 7mm and cant fully utilised the tyre and the chaisis willl scratch the ground when the tyres worn a little more whereas i see other can use till little foam left on the rim
However i don't have such prob wif front tyre. i have check the arm and both are moving freely. Btw the downstop is 0mm for front and 5mm for rear.Thanks
xax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 07:41 AM   #2212
TAW
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TAW
Default Ball Diff Grub screw

I have a strange problem, the grub screw in my ball diff will not tightnen down against the adjusting screw. This has me quite puzzled, the screw is not stripped nor are any other parts damaged. Matter of fact I had a new ball diff in the package for my Impulse so I put it together and it has the same problem. Please tell me I am not going nuts and this is normal. Although I could swear when I put the car togehter I tighned up.

Troy
TAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 08:55 AM   #2213
Tech Prophet

Quote:
i just like the people in here Answering question.
Hey kilokhan, what questions do you want answered? I did not understand what you meant by the statement you made below...

Quote:
67 Advise
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 09:13 AM   #2214
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by modellor
If so, what tires are you running. I have only ever seen 65mm or 66mm on new tires yet and I have tried nearly every type of tire on the market
Heheh, I bet you've not tried GQ tires... I was told they are actually made in China. The foam is not that bad. Driveable but I must say the rims are different and very stiff. Nice orange too

Yes, I have tried a few tires and I would say that all of them are 66 mm diameter out of the box. There must be a good reason why Hudy incidently made those gauge blocks fit for a 66 mm diameter tire...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gq_tire.jpg (161.2 KB, 70 views)
Old 06-29-2003, 09:17 AM   #2215
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Ball Diff Grub screw

Quote:
Originally posted by TAW
I have a strange problem, the grub screw in my ball diff will not tightnen down against the adjusting screw. This has me quite puzzled, the screw is not stripped nor are any other parts damaged. Matter of fact I had a new ball diff in the package for my Impulse so I put it together and it has the same problem. Please tell me I am not going nuts and this is normal. Although I could swear when I put the car togehter I tighned up.

Troy
What made you to come to a conclusion that the grub screw was not tightened? Did you face the problem with the diff slipping after you manually adjusted it "externally"? I don't know how you tighten yours but while you tighten the grub screw, you need to put the steel pin through the holes at the same time on the other side of the diff to lock the adjusting screw.

I just rebuild mine this afternoon before I went out to race the car. I actually wanted to test out if the fantastic tip that was posted that not too long ago in another thread that would enable the ball diff to be adjusted externally would work for me. The problem was that I forgot all about adjusting it externally because I was having too much fun racing the car Next week on a larger track, I'll try to adjust the ball diff for tighter setting externally and see if the ball diff will hold its settings without the grub screw

When you follow the tip, you do not have to worry if you had tighten the grub screw. You do not even need the grub screw The tip by applying some loctite to the threads of the adjustng nut makes the grub screw redundant.
Old 06-29-2003, 09:24 AM   #2216
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by xax
Greetings,

Strange... The downstops seem normal. What method are you using to change the car's ride height?

To increase the car's rear ride height, you need to turn down the shock collars on the rear shocks so that the rear springs will compress more. The smaller the tires, the more the shock collars need to be turned down.
Old 06-29-2003, 10:08 AM   #2217
TAW
Tech Addict

InitialD,
I noticed this when I rebuilt the diff, I am now going to try the loctite trick and see how that turns out.

Thanks
Troy
Old 06-29-2003, 11:11 AM   #2218
TAW
Tech Addict

Default Idiot Award

Ok, I get the idiot of the week award. The problem with both of my diff grub screws not tightning was my 2.5 hex diver had broken inside the handle and it was just spinnig inside the handle when the screws got slightly snug, I did not notice this until working on other parts of the car Oh well I did the locktite trick anyway.

Troy
Old 06-29-2003, 11:26 AM   #2219
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Idiot Award

Quote:
Originally posted by TAW
Ok, I get the idiot of the week award. The problem with both of my diff grub screws not tightning was my 2.5 hex diver had broken inside the handle and it was just spinnig inside the handle when the screws got slightly snug, I did not notice this until working on other parts of the car Oh well I did the locktite trick anyway.

Troy
Ok, did you proceed to loctite your hex driver back or just the diff adjusting nut? (j/k) Well everybody goes through that phase Let us know if the trick works for you...
Old 06-29-2003, 04:12 PM   #2220
Tech Regular

ok... i just went out to get my radio... its the new jr xr3i... think it'll be good for racing?? its got a high torque steering servo stock too so... yah... im going to take pics right now