Search

Serpent 705

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2003, 07:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up MOTOR CHOICE

Originally posted by n1technik
man... it's pain in the @ss to choose motor. anyone seen or running sirio legal motors?
still deciding between sirio and mr12

If you want a good dependable fast little motor that is easy to tune then buy an O/S tr 3port.This motor has good power thrue all ranges, its easy to tune and I have hardly ever seen one stall on the line, as long as you have the bottom end adjusted right. These motors will tend to handle high temps and not be a pain in the a$$.
One other good point....... there cheap too about $140.00 on the east coast that is.
Good luck choosing. I hope this has shed some light on the subject for you .
Old 06-26-2003, 07:53 PM
Tech Regular

ok.. nother question... the rear plate thing thats put onto the rear bulkhead that also has the body mounts on it too, i cant get it on fully... any one have any help for me here??
Old 06-26-2003, 08:01 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Pixi Black

Originally posted by Slotmachine
PIXYS SUCK! Mine has never run anything but hot...were talking 375...give it up and buy a decent motor.
You gotta be kidding running at 375...come on?

You must be one of those people... I never had it run more then 280 with it when i had problem with the Pixy that time running for 20mins in a hot summer of Texas. Mine run perfectly good now, good top end.

Check your clearance from button to the piston, how many shim u hv in there and what kinda plug u put in there.
Old 06-26-2003, 08:07 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Upright spacers - again

Originally posted by BSYDOR
Initial D,

A buddy of mine was watching my car go through the infield section at my local track and noticed that the inside rear tire was lifting off the asphalt. Do you believe that is due to not enough droop in the rear of the car-( because I don't have a spacer in there), which then tends to loose traction in the rear too? I am going to check my upper a-arm on the "binding" issue. I am currently using + 4 droop.

You could also be running too soft an oil in the front, compared to the rear.Or too great of a spring diferance between front&rear.
4 on the droop should be fine also check to see if your sway bars are not tweeked,if they are they will f--k up everything.
Old 06-26-2003, 08:13 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Pixi Black

Originally posted by nizee
You gotta be kidding running at 375...come on?

You must be one of those people... I never had it run more then 280 with it when i had problem with the Pixy that time running for 20mins in a hot summer of Texas. Mine run perfectly good now, good top end.

Check your clearance from button to the piston, how many shim u hv in there and what kinda plug u put in there.

I have been all over this motor, it just wont do anything. I have even had the crank checked for propper ballance, that was so far off it had to be pluged! The sleeve was longer in the stock block compared to the replacement ones. I finally got the head temp. down to 252 but the carb still gets so hot if vapor locks no one is runing pixis around here.
Old 06-26-2003, 08:38 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pixi Black

I have been all over this motor, it just wont do anything. I have even had the crank checked for propper ballance, that was so far off it had to be pluged! The sleeve was longer in the stock block compared to the replacement ones. I finally got the head temp. down to 252 but the carb still gets so hot if vapor locks no one is runing pixis around here.
We have a couple of people here running the Pixy, including the outlaw. None i know now with problem. My running temp now about 240~250.
I maybe wrong here, but this is what i've read somewhere from a good well known tuner, the crank usually will balance with conrod, not by its own.
Old 06-26-2003, 08:50 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by supra528
ok.. nother question... the rear plate thing thats put onto the rear bulkhead that also has the body mounts on it too, i cant get it on fully... any one have any help for me here??
Just knock it in with a plastic hammer Make sure that the pivot pins are aligned properly into the rear backplate holes.
Old 06-26-2003, 08:51 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pixi Black

I maybe wrong here, but this is what i've read somewhere from a good well known tuner, the crank usually will balance with conrod, not by its own.
Yes correct. Dynamic balance too.
Old 06-26-2003, 08:54 PM
Tech Prophet

We have a couple of people here running the Pixy, including the outlaw. None i know now with problem. My running temp now about 240~250.
Nizee, are you trying to say that the problem can be solved without changing the deck height?
Old 06-26-2003, 08:57 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pixi Black

I finally got the head temp. down to 252 but the carb still gets so hot if vapor locks no one is runing pixis around here.
Like I said, be prepared to want one or hate to have one

Anyway I notice for aluminum carbs, when the engine temp gets over 240, vapour lock will occur. Would not know if Pixy engines come with fully aluminum carbs... This happens on all Nova based engines.
Old 06-26-2003, 09:12 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pixi Black

Originally posted by InitialD
Nizee, are you trying to say that the problem can be solved without changing the deck height?
I know mine helps, where i use to have erratic problem before. I use to have it overheat after running it for 5 mins but do not know where and believe me i did go and change all setting, only to know later i've too high of a clearance. I do not know the other 2 person here, where one running the Outlaw 5 port, with no problem and the other 3 port, where he is an engine tuner in town, and i don't see having problem with that.
Old 06-26-2003, 09:17 PM
Tech Regular

Like I said, be prepared to want one or hate to have one

Anyway I notice for aluminum carbs, when the engine temp gets over 240, vapour lock will occur. Would not know if Pixy engines come with fully aluminum carbs... This happens on all Nova based engines.
I think the Pixy is alloy. It looks alloy to me.

But then again. Ask 10 different people u get 10 different answer from their bias opinion. I am...
Any motor is good on the track. Its control and that's what matter.
Old 06-26-2003, 09:23 PM
Tech Regular

Just knock it in with a plastic hammer Make sure that the pivot pins are aligned properly into the rear backplate holes.
ill see.. but i think that the plastic things that the ball diff goes into are in the way... so wat do i do??
Old 06-26-2003, 09:23 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pixi Black

I know mine helps, where i use to have erratic problem before. I use to have it overheat after running it for 5 mins but do not know where and believe me i did go and change all setting, only to know later i've too high of a clearance. I do not know the other 2 person here, where one running the Outlaw 5 port, with no problem and the other 3 port, where he is an engine tuner in town, and i don't see having problem with that.
Slotmachine mentioned that the replacement piston liner had different lenghts... I was thinking probably the Pixy had two (or more) revisions. I've seen in my LHS and I know that the current ones come with a new carb that is bored out open like a JP carb. It could be that the one you bought off Ebay was an old one. I know that the Pixy 5 port Outlaw is surely a new revision.
Old 06-26-2003, 09:26 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by supra528
ill see.. but i think that the plastic things that the ball diff goes into are in the way... so wat do i do??
What plastic thing?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.