Serpent 705

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2003, 07:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: Rear tire wear

Originally posted by BSYDOR
Initial D-

With my current over drive ratio-- tire wear is about the same, fronts still wear faster though. Weird...
I tried Jaco's in front once...oversteers-bad

Also have you noticed that the kit "tyres" have an offset to them,
front and rears. My Fast Tyres are zero offset and rub on the original steering hub were the linkage connects, so I space it out 1mm with HPI white spacers, no more rubbage.
And for the rears I just have the Zero offset with the "new" purple hex's that are 10mm- and No upright spacer and gets me to 200 mm..

In regards to the "oils", that has been my interpretation of the "feel" between the two brands. I wish there was a more specific way to tell the difference.

My motor runs at 250-280 degrees normally with air temps of about 90*. and ran great for a 15 min main- and won last night

I raced an R/B 5 port motor at 300deg. for over a full gallon of fuel no problems, It`s good to know what temp. your motor is runing but I say let the motor run where it likes to run, it will let you know when it is too lean for the current conditions.
When it comes to the Serpent oils, you can just about double the # on the bottle (35w/ Serpent oil compares to 70w/losi)
Old 06-25-2003, 07:36 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Brake Pads

Originally posted by Slotmachine
The top arm will not drop as far as you want it to,it stops at the bulk head.
If you take out the rear spacers,remove your shocksand then check your droop you should find as I did that you can not obtain a lower droop #than 3.5to4 on the gauges.I`m not saying you will ever need this low of a #,but it is nice to know that if you want it ,you`ve got it.
Thanks for the information. Will check it out when I go back. Come to think of it, the old Impulse Streetspec did not come with the aluminum spacer. Running rubber tires and front diffs actually do require that you get sufficient rear droop. But you're right that I have not seen people needing to use lower than 3 or 4 droop in the rear for the Serpent.
Old 06-25-2003, 07:50 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Rear tire wear

Originally posted by Slotmachine
I raced an R/B 5 port motor at 300deg. for over a full gallon of fuel no problems, It`s good to know what temp. your motor is runing but I say let the motor run where it likes to run, it will let you know when it is too lean for the current conditions.
When it comes to the Serpent oils, you can just about double the # on the bottle (35w/ Serpent oil compares to 70w/losi)
Maybe the engine's lifespan will be shortened a little but I think it's also fine to run the engines at around that temp so long as the engine does not complain or show signs that it is lean. Just that for me personally, I find it frustrating that when the engine cuts off in a race, trying to restart it can be a pain in the a$$. Aluminum carbs get heated and fuel gets kicked back because of this.
Old 06-25-2003, 10:18 PM
Tech Adept

man... it's pain in the @ss to choose motor. anyone seen or running sirio legal motors?
still deciding between sirio and mr12
Old 06-25-2003, 10:30 PM
Tech Prophet

I would choose the Nova based motor being the MR-12. Comments have been that the Sirio is fast but the reliability may still be suspect. Whereas the feedback on the MR-12 has been positive in terms of performance and you can usually know what you get from Nova based motors when it comes to reliability.

You can also try the Pixy Black. Be prepared to either want it or hate to have it. It can be a very difficult experience tuning the engine but once you get it to sing, it'll blow most engines out there.

The other engine that you can consider is the STS R3 hand modified engines. I run one and they are very nice for the price you pay
Old 06-25-2003, 10:46 PM
Tech Regular

ok... i really need ur guys help... i really need a pic of the ball diff and the pulley it connects to WITH the belt attached... and on the front antiroll bar thing, i dont have a lot of travel on the suspensions.. how much should i have?? and does that have anything to do wit the roll bar??
Old 06-25-2003, 10:59 PM
Tech Adept

Default Pixi Black

[QUOTE]Originally posted by InitialD
[
You can also try the Pixy Black. Be prepared to either want it or hate to have it. It can be a very difficult experience tuning the engine but once you get it to sing, it'll blow most engines out there.

Hi there Initial D, thanks on your infos on the modified rear spacer. Tell me where can i find infos on the Pixy Black.

Tahnks again.
Old 06-25-2003, 11:10 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by supra528
ok... i really need ur guys help... i really need a pic of the ball diff and the pulley it connects to WITH the belt attached... and on the front antiroll bar thing, i dont have a lot of travel on the suspensions.. how much should i have?? and does that have anything to do wit the roll bar??
This is the best pic of the rear end of the car that I have. Took this picture of the virgin 705 after the first build before I broke in the engine and the car.

The suspension may be a little stiff. Disconnect your shocks and antirollbars. Make sure the arms can move freely and fall / move on it's own weight. The shock pistons should be smoothened by running through the sand paper with a dremel. Asford Hobby website has good tips on building shocks. Look them up.
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 705-rear_pulley.jpg  
Old 06-25-2003, 11:14 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Pixi Black

Originally posted by apmk
Hi there Initial D, thanks on your infos on the modified rear spacer. Tell me where can i find infos on the Pixy Black.
Nizee runs one. I think he mentioned that it was really a fast engine. The thing is you need to modify the deck height to get the plug closer to the combustion chamber. I think I'll let Prof Nizee to explain how he got to get the Pixy sing
Old 06-25-2003, 11:17 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Pixi Black

You can also find infos on the Pixy on Trinity's website
Old 06-26-2003, 08:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by InitialD
This is the best pic of the rear end of the car that I have. Took this picture of the virgin 705 after the first build before I broke in the engine and the car.

The suspension may be a little stiff. Disconnect your shocks and antirollbars. Make sure the arms can move freely and fall / move on it's own weight. The shock pistons should be smoothened by running through the sand paper with a dremel. Asford Hobby website has good tips on building shocks. Look them up.
well its just that i dont have the shocks on yet... ill try to take the anti roll bar off and fix this
Old 06-26-2003, 08:47 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Pixi Black

[QUOTE]Originally posted by apmk
Originally posted by InitialD
[

Tahnks again.
apmk,

There is not much info u can find on the pixy except on Trinity website. And don't bother to ask the tech guy there on this engine problems, did that, basically telling u to do the factory needle setting. I bought it from Ebay from an RC store name FlexT RC, pretty decent price.

Honestly that time, i almost getting rid of the Pixy because of so much hassle i'm facing and putting back my Mod MR12 in there, and in the end i sold my MR-12 and the Pixy stay.

Drop me a PM if u already got the Pixy for some tips.
Old 06-26-2003, 09:07 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by n1technik
man... it's pain in the @ss to choose motor. anyone seen or running sirio legal motors?
still deciding between sirio and mr12
n1technik,

From my observation and experience.
When i had the stock MR-12 and a close friend of mine running stock Sirio (Punisher) on the same gear ratio, same 705 and same 30% nitro, the Sirio manage to catch up with me slowly on the back straight (and sometimes pass me ). Both engine perform equally good. The MR-12 is easy on the tuning while the Sirio somewhat OK on the tuning. The Sirio is fast on the top end.
Old 06-26-2003, 09:16 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by supra528
well its just that i dont have the shocks on yet... ill try to take the anti roll bar off and fix this
btw, that belt in the pic, is that an option belt cuz it looks reallly wide..
Old 06-26-2003, 10:45 AM
Tech Regular

Default Novarossi Exagon

here is a shot of the new Novarossi Exagon Engine, I hope they make a .12 version of the motor.

If you have google or Yahoo you can convert the language text.

http://www.rcmodel.ch/it/Arcart.htm
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 705-exagon1.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.