R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-18-2003, 07:57 AM   #1981
it
Tech Regular
 
it's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Bolingbrook
Posts: 389
Send a message via AIM to it
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by modellor
I just wish that was true Punisher. But Serpent actually has only a few World Championship titles under its name. As far as I know Serpent has only 2 1:8th on-road titles and 4 1:10th 235mm titles to date since the first World Championship in 1977.

The company with the most world titles is SG/BMT (Both the same company in reality). After them is the old PB Racing company from the UK (No longer in existence. Now called KP Racing Products making only 1:5th scale aftermarket parts).

Serpent are only about 3rd in the title rankings for Nitro.

But in general, other than when BMT dominated in the 90's (I was lucky to be on that bandwagon and had my share of Championship titles with them), Serpent in general have been the most dominant and normally field the majority of cars in any Nitro car final.

Serpent hold the record for most European Championship titles in Nitro racing.
Here are the achievements of Team Serpent. I think they did a good job and still manage to stay strong until 2003. Its more than 2 I know for sure. This results did not include Brian Berry in 2002 1/10 235 Ifmar world. and Fabio in the 2003

For 23 years they still on the charts and still developing and doing breakthrough for our rc experience. 23 years of excellence and providing support into the industry. We should give them credit for that.

1979 - 1/8th European Champion, Bervoets - Neurenberg (D)
1980 - 1/8th European Champion, Bervoets/Ton - Gotenberg (S)
1981- 1/8th European Champion, Bervoets - Vienna (A)
1982 - 1/8th European Champion, Mielke - Walsum (D)
1985 - 1/8th European Champion, Buhler - Heemstede (NL)
1985 - 1/8th World Champion, Roem - Tokyo (J)
1986 - 1/8th European Champion, Roem - Clermont Ferrand (F)
1987 - 1/8th European Champion, Grob - Hillerod (DK)
1989 - 1/8th European Champion, Bahr - Madrid (ESP)
1994 - 1/8th European Champion, Salven - Pescara (I)
1995 - 1/10th European Champion, Kelsall - Mendip (UK)
1995 - 1/8th World Champion, Collari - Phuket (TH)
1996 - 1/8th European Champion, Collari - Clermont Ferrand (F)
1997 - 1/8th World Champion, Collari - Mexico (MX)
1998 - 1/10th World Champion, Salven/Rinne - Apeldoorn (NL)
1998 - 1/8th European Champion, Collari - Munster (D)
2000 - 1/10th World Champion, Salven - Kirchberg (A)
2000 - 1/8th European Champion, Salven - Madeira (P)
2001 - 1/8th ROAR National Champion, Burch (US)
2001 - 1/10th 235mm ROAR National Champion, Barnes (US)
2002 - 1/10th 200mm ROAR National Champion, Burch (US)
2002 - 1/8th European Championships (TQ), Salven (D) - Madrid (ESP)
2002 - 1/10th 235mm European Champion, Christensen - Gotenberg (S)

Last edited by it; 06-18-2003 at 08:08 AM.
it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 08:02 AM   #1982
it
Tech Regular
 
it's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Bolingbrook
Posts: 389
Send a message via AIM to it
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by glennboi
guys, any recomended websites that i can download some video clips specially for Serpent cars?

thanks.....
http://www.mytsn.com/events/videos.asp?eid=534

Download top qualifying (heat 3)

You will see some international actions, in the Nats 2002

Salven
Burch
Osaka
Fukuda
Cyrul
Calandra
tentolf

This is better action than TC. Trust me you will like this!!!!


This is what Florida is known for. The Winternats!!! Its like a International event for team drivers around the world!!!


I like 8th scale more than my TC. Its more fun and speed.
it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 08:12 AM   #1983
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by it
I might get one too!! but it will be a .21
I hear that the .21 engine is a serious kickass engine
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 08:17 AM   #1984
it
Tech Regular
 
it's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Bolingbrook
Posts: 389
Send a message via AIM to it
Default IT did

In the Italian GP

Fabio Tq with NovaMAXX. I would love to see all of the great European drivers on SEPT. in the Ifmar in OHIO.

such as

Collari
Ielasi
Domanin
Meister
Mack
and many more

Some of them were not in the warm up few weeks ago for the Ifmar world in OHIO. However, Kenji Osaka was there and Adrian Bertin won the qualifying. It looks like Adrian wants his crown back from Ifmar 99
it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 08:22 AM   #1985
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by it
[BI like 8th scale more than my TC. Its more fun and speed. [/B]
Yup, it's the F1 of RC... Unfortunately it's costly too
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 08:29 AM   #1986
it
Tech Regular
 
it's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Bolingbrook
Posts: 389
Send a message via AIM to it
Default Honestly!!

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Yup, it's the F1 of RC... Unfortunately it's costly too
its about the same as a TC.

For some reason, 8th scale barely brake a part. The tires are big enough to protect the car.

If your careful in your TC and can drive your TC. 235 and 8th scale would be easier for you to drive. I like 235 cars too like the impacts and 835.

TC eventually, if you hit something u might brake @ least 2 parts, but still it depends on the hit.

All I am trying to say is its not much cost for the 8th scale compared to T.C.

I race all

1/10 200

1/10 235

and 8th scale

and that is my opinion and perspective of the 3. It might different from others, but in my point of view its about the same expenses and cost.

Also, .21 engines has longer life than .12. You can rebuild .21 engine @ least 3 to 4 times and get about the same performance, while .12 after the first rebuilt its not the same.
it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 08:41 AM   #1987
Tech Master
 
modellor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 1,447
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by it
Here are the achievements of Team Serpent. I think they did a good job and still manage to stay strong until 2003. Its more than 2 I know for sure. This results did not include Brian Berry in 2002 1/10 235 Ifmar world. and Fabio in the 2003

For 23 years they still on the charts and still developing and doing breakthrough for our rc experience. 23 years of excellence and providing support into the industry. We should give them credit for that.

1979 - 1/8th European Champion, Bervoets - Neurenberg (D)
1980 - 1/8th European Champion, Bervoets/Ton - Gotenberg (S)
1981- 1/8th European Champion, Bervoets - Vienna (A)
1982 - 1/8th European Champion, Mielke - Walsum (D)
1985 - 1/8th European Champion, Buhler - Heemstede (NL)
1985 - 1/8th World Champion, Roem - Tokyo (J)
1986 - 1/8th European Champion, Roem - Clermont Ferrand (F)
1987 - 1/8th European Champion, Grob - Hillerod (DK)
1989 - 1/8th European Champion, Bahr - Madrid (ESP)
1994 - 1/8th European Champion, Salven - Pescara (I)
1995 - 1/10th European Champion, Kelsall - Mendip (UK)
1995 - 1/8th World Champion, Collari - Phuket (TH)
1996 - 1/8th European Champion, Collari - Clermont Ferrand (F)
1997 - 1/8th World Champion, Collari - Mexico (MX)
1998 - 1/10th World Champion, Salven/Rinne - Apeldoorn (NL)
1998 - 1/8th European Champion, Collari - Munster (D)
2000 - 1/10th World Champion, Salven - Kirchberg (A)
2000 - 1/8th European Champion, Salven - Madeira (P)
2001 - 1/8th ROAR National Champion, Burch (US)
2001 - 1/10th 235mm ROAR National Champion, Barnes (US)
2002 - 1/10th 200mm ROAR National Champion, Burch (US)
2002 - 1/8th European Championships (TQ), Salven (D) - Madrid (ESP)
2002 - 1/10th 235mm European Champion, Christensen - Gotenberg (S)
Great. I have been looking for this. I wasnt aware that Collari drove for Serpent in 95. I thought he was a BMT driver that year. But I knew they only had 6 World Titles to date (Should have been more but for bad luck ).

I agree, Serpent should be given more credit and as I stated they have been the most domianting team throughout R/C history. They truely are one of the greatest maufacturers. I would really rate them joint first with the old SG/BMT company that had also been a highly domineering force.
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 08:43 AM   #1988
TAW
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Franklin, TN
Posts: 518
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TAW
Default Noise in Rear end!

Have you guys have you guys noticed a rattle in the rear of the car. I think its the brake disk hitting the metal pulley adapter because my inpulse does not do this. I have moved the pulley (with pins in it) as far over towards the 2-speed as possible but it does not help. If you have this problem (more of an annoyance) how did you resolve it. Make the car sound like a rattle trap going around the track.

Thanks
Troy
TAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 08:52 AM   #1989
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by modellor
Great. I have been looking for this.
You can actually find it here
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 08:54 AM   #1990
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Noise in Rear end!

Quote:
Originally posted by TAW
Have you guys have you guys noticed a rattle in the rear of the car. I think its the brake disk hitting the metal pulley adapter because my inpulse does not do this. I have moved the pulley (with pins in it) as far over towards the 2-speed as possible but it does not help. If you have this problem (more of an annoyance) how did you resolve it. Make the car sound like a rattle trap going around the track.

Thanks
Troy
Troy, if you really want to isolate the problem, you need to take out the part you suspect is giving the noise. Put everything back in and assemble the car without the suspected part and turn the wheels. I think this is the only way as it is quite difficult for us to troubleshoot. This may be a tedious and long process The problem can vary from anything such as bearings to clutchbells etc. Maybe some others can give better suggestions...
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 09:10 AM   #1991
TAW
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Franklin, TN
Posts: 518
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TAW
Default Re: Re: Noise in Rear end!

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Troy, if you really want to isolate the problem, you need to take out the part you suspect is giving the noise. Put everything back in and assemble the car without the suspected part and turn the wheels. I think this is the only way as it is quite difficult for us to troubleshoot. This may be a tedious and long process The problem can vary from anything such as bearings to clutchbells etc. Maybe some others can give better suggestions...
Thanks, so what I hear you saying is that you don't have this problem? The car is new (couple of races on it) and it has done this from the start. I just got done with a full tear down and all bearing were cleaned and lubed, clutch bell etc is all good. So I gues I will take the disk out and see if it goes away. But I can't run without any brakes, even thought they are turned way down for the one way I need some.

Thanks
Troy
TAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 09:27 AM   #1992
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Re: Re: Noise in Rear end!

Quote:
Originally posted by TAW
Thanks, so what I hear you saying is that you don't have this problem? The car is new (couple of races on it) and it has done this from the start. I just got done with a full tear down and all bearing were cleaned and lubed, clutch bell etc is all good. So I gues I will take the disk out and see if it goes away. But I can't run without any brakes, even thought they are turned way down for the one way I need some.

Thanks
Troy
Well, let's say I've not come across this problem before. The only time when I came across noise coming from the car was when the clutch bearings were blown.

Just take out the brakes and what you can do is rev the car on the starter box
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 09:50 AM   #1993
Tech Master
 
modellor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 1,447
Default

Hi Troy. Is there any chance you could post a couple of pictures of the rear end of your car (Different angles). Sometimes it helps to have someone else looking at the problem area as they might pick up on something that is not right.

I had a rattle in my car once when I got it. Turned out I hadnt got the centax shimmed correctly and the bell was vibrating about (Just bought a new set of digital calipers as my old ones were not reading correctly for some reason. ).
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 09:55 AM   #1994
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by modellor
I had a rattle in my car once when I got it. Turned out I hadnt got the centax shimmed correctly and the bell was vibrating about (Just bought a new set of digital calipers as my old ones were not reading correctly for some reason. ).
Yes, this can be the contributing source of the rattling sound. I found this out while I was assembling the Centax clutch. You need to shim the clutchbell enough (behind the clutch bearing after the clutch spring nut) so that when the clutch is pointing upwards, the bell can spin freely without touching the clutch shoe.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 10:22 AM   #1995
TAW
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Franklin, TN
Posts: 518
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TAW
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Yes, this can be the contributing source of the rattling sound. I found this out while I was assembling the Centax clutch. You need to shim the clutchbell enough (behind the clutch bearing after the clutch spring nut) so that when the clutch is pointing upwards, the bell can spin freely without touching the clutch shoe.
Guys, I will try to post some pictures, its not the clutch I have it off the car right now and if I grab a rear wheel and rock it back and forth I still hear it. The car work fine...maybe I am being too picky
TAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 710 Ron C. Nitro On-Road 23347 03-16-2010 02:47 PM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Serpent 835 JFCJ R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-20-2005 09:29 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:56 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net