Quote:
Originally posted by BSYDOR
Corwin, and IntialD

I too have a earlier chassis,
and haven't hit anything --and it has a noticable
upward bend in the nose section. What I have
noticed is that it has a lack of on power steering,
with tons of off power...........
I believe a thicker chassis would remeady this problem.

Bill
If the chassis bends before the start of where the screws for the front bulhead is mounted, then it should still be OK even though you could see that there is a noticable upward bend in the front.

This is because if the chassis where the front bulhead is supported isn't bent, your front droop and front ride height settings would still not be affected.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 03:14 PM   #1922
Tech Prophet

Default NovaMax - All Parts Family Photo

Enjoy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg novamax_parts2.jpg (166.3 KB, 111 views)
Old 06-11-2003, 04:19 PM   #1923
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to nizee
Default Re: NovaMax - All Parts Family Photo

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Enjoy!
Nice pictures.....wonder if they have the 3 ports, without the turbo button.

Last edited by nizee; 06-11-2003 at 05:10 PM.
nizee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 09:22 PM   #1924
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: NovaMax - All Parts Family Photo

Quote:
Originally posted by nizee
Nice pictures.....wonder if they have the 3 ports, without the turbo button.
I think the Rodys are still the best out of the box 3 port non turbo / turbo engine. The other would be the time tested JP engine if you can get hold of one.

BTW, how's you Pixy coming along? Any luck? From the looks of it, it is as though you've been through hell and back trying to get it to hold a tune...
Old 06-11-2003, 10:09 PM   #1925
Tech Regular

It seem to hold the tune better now, when i discover some airleak on the carb. But after running for 15 mins, the idle seem to sound weird. 2 things, either the engine is still new and need more breaking period or my compression is too low.
I have the right clearance now and I'm going to try it this weekend with the simple mod on the top liner Dennis advice me to do and see how it goes. Been receiving some feedbacks here and also locally in TX that the Pixy is good for big long track. Even saw it run good on the last series race.

If not, i've to put my JP in for the next series race.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jp.jpg (29.3 KB, 86 views)
Old 06-11-2003, 10:15 PM   #1926
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by nizee
It seem to hold the tune better now, when i discover some airleak on the carb. But after running for 15 mins, the idle seem to sound weird. 2 things, either the engine is still new and need more breaking period or my compression is too low.
The JP look like it's begging to scream

BTW, how many tanks did you take to break the Pixy? I've heard that it takes a lot of tanks before it can be broken in properly, hence some forumer's observation here that it runs better and better with more tanks...
Old 06-11-2003, 10:39 PM   #1927
Tech Regular

I think i have about 12~14 tanks on it now, the piston and sleeve is still tight (without the plug) and i've to turn using my 2.5mm hex wrench to turn it.

Save the best for last....
Old 06-11-2003, 11:06 PM   #1928
Tech Prophet

That's what I thought... A friend that I know who runs a Pixy that is a year old complains that the flywheel still gets stuck at the starterbox, as if brand new
Old 06-11-2003, 11:36 PM   #1929
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

One question about Impulse ... is any one having any problem puttying RX next to the gas tank?? Because I do... The receiver is place under the radio tray and it fit quite tight (NOVAK XXL) Any ways... when I run the car...(Mostly 1/2 to full Throttle) it keep giving me GLITCHES!! But when I move it to the front and place it next to the Steering servo..it work ok. WHY ?? any fix?? I hate to put it next to the servo...and plus when I try to refuel the car..I hate to have Nitro FUel Spill all over the RX.

Some one told me that wrap the foil around the RX will fix the problem. Will this work??
superk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 11:58 PM   #1930
Tech Prophet

superk, I don't know how big the XXL receiver is but I managed to put the Futaba receiver at the intended location when I had the carbon graphite upper deck radio tray. It's a tight fit.

How did you mount yours? Did you isolate the receiver properly? I made sure mine did not touch the carbon graphite mount. Somebody has suggested to use rubber tire tube to fit the receiver in but I guess in your case, it would be tight.

But I guess if you've been chasing this problem for some time and know the odds of the size and space limitation you have if you mount it the correct way, I think it would be best for you to mount it at the top beside the steering servo. Baloon wrap it carefully. What I have seen people doing as an added protection is to put a wide unwanted lexan piece from the bodyshell with a double sided tape stuck just above the steering servo. This should prevent further direct nitro spills onto the receiver when you mount it beside the steering servo.
Old 06-12-2003, 12:25 AM   #1931
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yha... My XXL is just fit!...I always use a balloons to cover all my receivers. Also..most of the time..I put a little papertowel around it for a little cussionnn~~ .... did u think carbon radio tray have some thing to do with it?? or it just the receiver mounted too close to the engine?

Any how...I redo the whole things...and wrap it with tinfoil and the balloons it... then I move it up forword closer to the front pully... but..I hope this will solve my problem...other wise...I guess I have to put it on top.
superk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 02:14 AM   #1932
Tech Fanatic

Is anyone using the novak synthesized receiver? Are there any tricks to getting easy access to the adjustment screws while still keeping it protected?
Old 06-12-2003, 02:29 AM   #1933
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Proficar403
Is anyone using the novak synthesized receiver? Are there any tricks to getting easy access to the adjustment screws while still keeping it protected?
A good tape to seal it temporarily on a race day and when you need to change the settings, just peel off and tape a new one again on it.
Old 06-12-2003, 06:37 AM   #1934
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

I've been looking on mytsn for a while now for the article on how to fix the two speed bearing lockup. My kit did come with the additional thin washer to put between the pully and the bearing. I was just trying to read on what parts to shave to get the two speed pin to line up correctly. Searching for articles on mytsn is a pain, unless there is a tip that I don't know about?
John Fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 06:49 AM   #1935
Tech Adept

take a look here.
http://www.mytsn.com/publ/publ.asp?pid=8231 http://www.mytsn.com/publ/publ.asp?pid=7907

if you are looking for recent/all publication for 705 go here
http://www.mytsn.com/products/relpublic.asp?prid=2471

for impulse/rubber (alot of those still implies to 705)
http://www.mytsn.com/products/relpublic.asp?prid=230

impulse pro
http://www.mytsn.com/products/relpublic.asp?prid=1963
n1technik is offline   Reply With Quote