R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-07-2003, 05:25 AM   #1816
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by PUNISHER
that is painted on.....airbrush headlights and grill.
Wooow, I must give it to you [bows down]... Excellent work Punisher I wish we had a local painter here that can do nice airbrush work
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 05:27 AM   #1817
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by superk
InitialD Well HK = Hong Kong How much did he paid..I dont know..but he said...it was much cheaper than North America price. How much did u paid for it?
Well, I got it close to about USD 30. How much is it over there?
Old 06-07-2003, 05:30 AM   #1818
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by corwin
When did the newer version of chassis for the 705 come out, just got my kit from a dealer 2 weeks ago and got the old version. Maybe the store had older stock of the 705s.

Kind of a kick myself now for not nowing about this and making sure the kit had the newer chassis before I got it.
Well, probably just recently... I even didn't know about it until somebody pointed it out to me. We get our stuff pretty fast over here

I also heard that the shock o rings now included are the new purple ones... Yes, I know the feeling. I was one of the first to get the kit.
Old 06-07-2003, 05:35 AM   #1819
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Very, very nice shell!!!!

My shell is inspired from the Lotuses of the 1960s - it is very conservative, especially compared to your shell!!!!
Mark, your shell is quite distinctive too I thought that the green colour is popularised by Jaguar by their racing green colour...

There are two types of design that can be nice... Once is a radical striking one and the other is the neat simplisitic lines
Old 06-07-2003, 05:55 AM   #1820
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Mark, your shell is quite distinctive too I thought that the green colour is popularised by Jaguar by their racing green colour...

There are two types of design that can be nice... Once is a radical striking one and the other is the neat simplisitic lines
I think the racing green was probably started back in the 30s with the bentlys - I'm not sure exactly when it started, but for many years, teams would race in their country's racing colours: France was blue, Italy was red, Germany (I think) white, Scotland a blue version of british racing green and Britan/England british racing green.
A lot of the famous Jag Le Mans cars were racing under the Ecurie Ecosse team in the Scottish Blue.

As for my shell, I thought I was try and show some british patriotism in Germany!
The very same colour scheme was raced bz Lotus in the 60s (british racing green with the yellow stripe) - looks different from the rest of the crowd at my track
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 08:57 AM   #1821
Tech Prophet

Quote:
I think the racing green was probably started back in the 30s with the bentlys - I'm not sure exactly when it started, but for many years, teams would race in their country's racing colours: France was blue, Italy was red, Germany (I think) white, Scotland a blue version of british racing green and Britan/England british racing green.
A lot of the famous Jag Le Mans cars were racing under the Ecurie Ecosse team in the Scottish Blue.
Woow, you truly know your stuff on racing history
Old 06-07-2003, 09:09 AM   #1822
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Woow, you truly know your stuff on racing history
Since about the age of 3 I had a huge interest in F1 - an uncle used to work at the Silverstone circuit and this helped fuel my interest. From there it was a passion until about 3 years ago.
I hate modern F1 - it's not the F1 I knew and loved. For a few years I worked on the F1 circuit as a photographer and I saw each year how it was harder and harder to see the drivers and how much more closed F1 became.
At the same time I covered the Le Mans 24hrs race - although it too has been modernised, it still holds a very magical element. I did the full 24 hrs and loved every moment!!!!
I love prototype cars (especially the old Porsche 962s) and now this is my only real passion left in motorsport.

The RC racing scene (especially the 1/8th) reminds me much of the early days in motorsport. When I went to see the EFRA race a couple of weeks ago, it was like F1 of maybe 30 years ago! Fantastic.

My passion for sports prototype racing will definately lead me to buy a 950 But at the moment, those things are probably too fast for me

Cheers, Mark.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 09:23 AM   #1823
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by RoyU
How about 808310? Is that part still available?
Hi Roy, sorry it took a while for me to reply your question... It actually intrigued me as I remembered that something was discussed on the Impulse thread in the non HPI forum and on mytsn's own Impulse forum with regards to this old uprights.

I don't know if Serpent makes them anymore but I think places like RCCarinternational will order them for you if you ask them. The 808310 is not listed on their website BTW.

Anyway, this is what I found. The old Impact and original Impulse rear upright (808310) was already 3mm taller than the uprights that come on the current 705 and the Impulse PRO (also on the new Impact and 835). So when you install them, they already had the 3 mm "spacer" built onto them.

The 808311 upright will widen the rear track width than when using the old rear uprights (808310) by a few millimeters. Combined with the 7 mm aluminum spacers, the 808311 rear uprights increases the trackwidth further as the 808311 upright is angled in a way that if you add more spacer it should increase rear trackwidth.
Old 06-07-2003, 10:07 AM   #1824
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Wooow, I must give it to you [bows down]... Excellent work Punisher I wish we had a local painter here that can do nice airbrush work
Thanks InitialD!
I'm still trying to get the whole airbrush stuff down to an ART. There are many good airbrush artist out there that blows me away with thier work!

Quote:
Very, very nice shell!!!!
Thanks markp27!
Yes, I also love that shade of green....very distinctive racey old school green!!

Also, what body is that......Audi or a Alfa??

Nice!
PUNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 10:16 AM   #1825
Tech Master

Quote:

As for my shell, I thought I was try and show some british patriotism in Germany!
The very same colour scheme was raced bz Lotus in the 60s (british racing green with the yellow stripe) - looks different from the rest of the crowd at my track
I think you are right about the German colour being white. I believe they used white and then switched to Silver when Mercedes entered Grand Prix racing. I am not sure about the BRG myself. But I have pictures somewhere with the old Bentleys done that colour.
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 11:05 AM   #1826
Tech Regular

well i just got back from pickin mine up and im VERY please with it... i havent taken anyting out of the box yet but the manual... i was really freaked out about the manual cuz i had only read the i-manual and the real one is like 50 times better... ill start building it in 2 weeks when i get to whistler... i might do some minor thing right now like the shocks... so yah... im now part of the serpent ownership club
supra528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 11:41 AM   #1827
Tech Regular

well here i start with the questions...lol... what do you guys use to put the eclips on??do you just use pliars or wat??
Old 06-07-2003, 12:27 PM   #1828
Tech Master

I use a pair of special shaped pliers to put them on. I Just grinded a semi-circle into the pliers that would go around the eclip for better support and also around the shaft to stop then springing out and into the land of mystery. When you loose an eclip you somehow never manage to find it even in an enpty room
Old 06-07-2003, 12:33 PM   #1829
Tech Regular

lol... so can i just use regular needle nose pliars??
Old 06-07-2003, 12:37 PM   #1830
Tech Master

Yeah. They are fine but make sure you squeeze them gently and as level as possible to stop the clip from shooting off.