R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-06-2003, 10:46 AM   #1786
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to nizee

Quote:
Originally posted by n1technik
well... it looks like i'll be owning one more serpent car. i just bought 705 off of ebay for $300
too bad i won't see that thing till i go back to the states on 3rd. damn!

initialD, yeah euro is my bro in law. and yeah he's still around just not here. lol. he's been busy with his work.
oh and he has mugen now.

now. anyone here know if front impact belt will fit on 705?
and rear knuckle arm?
Good choice

The impact wide front belt will fit the 705, Part number 808361, infact it will be better with the wide one as it last longer then the stock, same goes to rear knuckle arm part number 808311 that work on the 705.
nizee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 11:02 AM   #1787
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Devin
I need some help on step 4.1 and 4.2 of the manual. First, 4.1 step 3 for the 2.5x18mm posts that go into the right rear bulkhead, how far did you push these in? I have them in approx 1-2 mm flush with the backside. I don't want to have the pins to long that they interfere but not long enough that the calipers fall off during breaking. Second is 4.2, im now assuming that I put the shaft in backwards as the notch at the end is on the wrong end (2 speed side instead of the side pully side) Thanks for your help. Sorry if this has been asked before, it's hard to go through 60 pages of posts.
For step 4.1, i think i have the pin flush with the other end, I can't remember since i don't hold the car now. But whatever it is, u need to check that with the dishbrake braket (part 801342), place it on top and make sure the pins protrude out atleast about 2mm from the separator below it. Part 801342 separator is where to hold the brake-cam in place.
I don't understand your 2nd question.
Old 06-06-2003, 11:43 AM   #1788
Tech Master

Devin - To answer your second question you have to slide the caliper rod from below the chassis so that the e-clip is visible on the underside of the chassis when you turn the car upside down. But as for way it is located. Just make sure the flat side is facing towards the brake disk.
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 11:48 AM   #1789
it
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to it
Default Initial D

Shock towers

Do you get better performance w/ shock towers or w/ out shock towers.

I get more stability and better performance just running the car straight to the ball cups.

Any feedback?
it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 01:47 PM   #1790
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by modellor
Devin - To answer your second question you have to slide the caliper rod from below the chassis so that the e-clip is visible on the underside of the chassis when you turn the car upside down. But as for way it is located. Just make sure the flat side is facing towards the brake disk.
The 2 pins should be flushed towards the bottom of the chassis. The E clip should also stay flush at the bottom of the chassis.

When braking occurs, the brake cam (situated nearer towards the 2 speed gearbox) will squeeze and press the brake plates together which is supported on the other side by the notch / bridge on the disk brake bracket at the top and by the 2 rolling pins at the bottom of the chassis. The brake cam, the 2 rolling pins and the notch on the brake plate is what keeps the brake disc (which is in between the brake pads) in position.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chassis1.jpg (164.9 KB, 106 views)
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 01:48 PM   #1791
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by nizee
Good choice

The impact wide front belt will fit the 705, Part number 808361, infact it will be better with the wide one as it last longer then the stock, same goes to rear knuckle arm part number 808311 that work on the 705.
Actually, there is no other option for the rear knuckles on the 705. The 808311 is the part number for it
Old 06-06-2003, 01:52 PM   #1792
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Initial D

Quote:
Originally posted by it
Shock towers

Do you get better performance w/ shock towers or w/ out shock towers.

I get more stability and better performance just running the car straight to the ball cups.

Any feedback?
Yes, I find that the shocks in the original Streetspec position (on the bearing blocks) give better handling results.

For the front, it gives better mid steering corners and side bite even without the FC steering blocks. In the rear, more traction is obtained. The feedbacks from the team drivers have been positive. If you look at their test setups, you'll notice that they are not using the shock towers. Try it out and see if you like it.
Old 06-06-2003, 01:54 PM   #1793
Tech Prophet

Default New Serpent Chassis Picture

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
I'll post a pic when I go back home of the differences between the "new" and "old" design chassis. I believe all the new 705 chassis (801185) will have this small improvement included.
Ok, I almost forgot to post this. It's obvious which is the new chassis
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chassis.jpg (189.9 KB, 97 views)
Old 06-06-2003, 01:56 PM   #1794
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

How about 808310? Is that part still available?
Old 06-06-2003, 01:59 PM   #1795
Tech Prophet

While I'm at posting pictures, check out what I just put in the middle axle
Attached Images
File Type: jpg front_pulleys.jpg (187.3 KB, 182 views)
Old 06-06-2003, 02:00 PM   #1796
it
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to it
Default Re: Re: Initial D

Quote:
Yes, I find that the shocks in the original Streetspec position (on the bearing blocks) give better handling results.

For the front, it gives better mid steering corners and side bite even without the FC steering blocks. In the rear, more traction is obtained. The feedbacks from the team drivers have been positive. If you look at their test setups, you'll notice that they are not using the shock towers. Try it out and see if you like it.
I never used my shock tower since day 1 of my 705. Well, off course I have to try it and test @ least once. My car where just not gripping enough with shock towers on.

I have it, and racers were asking me where are the shock towers. I just do not want to use it. I drive and my car is better without it.
it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 02:06 PM   #1797
Tech Prophet

Check out what I've added in the rear

It makes it seems like we're in the Mugen thread with all this pics Sorry... Besides, I think it's excuseable why I'm doing this... It's FRIDAY night / SATURDAY morning
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rear_pulleys.jpg (175.1 KB, 132 views)
Old 06-06-2003, 02:32 PM   #1798
Tech Regular

Quote:
Check out what I've added in the rear

It makes it seems like we're in the Mugen thread with all this pics Sorry... Besides, I think it's excuseable why I'm doing this... It's FRIDAY night / SATURDAY morning
InitialD,

Nice Pic.
Btw, how much weight are u saving for one of those upgrade pulley adapter compare to the stock pulley adapter?
Old 06-06-2003, 02:40 PM   #1799
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

So...the car will have more grip with out shock tower?? I was never thought of that. My Impulse Pro slide all over the place last weekend (Like racing on ice) I can't seem to get the car to stay at all. I think I might have to try it this weekend club race.

705 is almost finish!! Since I used to built 2 Impulse, 2 Impact and a Veteq .( not to mention all others kit that I built in the past )...it's all the same to me!! LOL...

Any how.. all the front and rear and finish. But. the front suspension seem to be very tight in traveling up and down. But..I think after a few run...it will braking in quite nice.

Also..the Dogs bones (drive shft) seem to have alot of the slugage in it...so..I decided to cut some fuel tube and put it in the outdrive on both end. I also did the same in the rear.

After all this work...the car look almost like my Impulse pro. Except a few changes in the chassis and some other stuff...but..after all front and rear suspension is about the save. (I have ball diff and front salid diff in my pro)

Can't wait to drive it!!
superk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 02:42 PM   #1800
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

InitialD

Where did u get that rear sway bar?? It seem to work nice!! A friend of my got it from HK and he say it was cheap there. What is the part # and about how much will it cost here??
superk is offline   Reply With Quote