R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-02-2003, 08:19 PM   #1606
Tech Master

Yeah. I never use the upstops either. The Serpent makes it easy on the front. They just dont have them. With the Yokomo however, if we got a really hot day I would have set the ride height and then locked the upstops and downstops to allow only wishbone flex on the front. The car seemed to suit being solid on the front end if the weather was really hot.
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 08:32 PM   #1607
Tech Fanatic

Hey guys,
Any suggestions on a tire truer to buy. I see many for like $300, but i recently saw Integy's for $130. Has anybody used Integy's?
Arun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 08:39 PM   #1608
Tech Master

The Integy one is really good and I think it is better value than the hudy one. Nice buy if you ask me
Old 06-02-2003, 08:57 PM   #1609
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

The Integy Tire Truer looks like to me an unfinished product. It does not come with indicator for the diameter for the tire when cutting. Also the motor is expose and seems to put together with crappie material. Anyway, for $150 bucks you get a "ok" truer.

BTW- Anything is a better value compare to the Hudy Truer!!

PUNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 02:39 AM   #1610
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Accord

Hey guys, the front wheels on my 705 have TONS of play. It's because the hubs which the wheels are attached to can easily move around the two ball studs and my wheels can move 3-4mm in every direction. What can I do to stop this?

Thanks
Accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 02:50 AM   #1611
Tech Master

Tightening the pivotball nuts will remove most of the play. Just dont make them too tight to create friction on the movement of the pivotballs.

Thats a lot of play. Never seen that much (not even on that shoddy MTX3 ). The pillow balls on my 705 had no play whatsoever and I had to run the car a couple of times hard to get everything freed up.
Old 06-03-2003, 07:52 AM   #1612
it
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to it
Default Good news !!!

Serpent pro and 705

Rules in Chicagoland. The fastest lap and most TQ here in Chicago. There are a lot of NTC3, Kyosho, few Yokomo, and some Mugen.

The cars were driven by a great National drivers!!

www.ChicagolandRc.com
it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 09:01 AM   #1613
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Slotmachine
Thumbs down paul tracy

Supra528 we all know about P/T `s 3 wins this year, BUT HE`S NO (M SHUMACHER) is he?
Slotmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 10:17 AM   #1614
Tech Regular

well u think about it... last 3 races... wasnt his fault... he coulda been way up in the standing if it weren't for gearbox, aero package, and wheel nut... so yah
supra528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 10:41 AM   #1615
Tech Regular

and now i am 100% sure i am gettin my kit on friday or saturday (prob sat cuz i gotta go see 2fast2furious).... cuz now i got the money... YAY.... is there anything i should get besides the kit?? im not gettin my new radio or engine till i get up to whistler or on the way up there... i know that i should get the kit, one way lube, grease, i have thread lock... umm... should i just get the stuff that it says on the i-manual?? and do i need anything else??and do i need anything else for the battery pack?? and what battery pack should i get??
supra528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 11:54 AM   #1616
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Arrow WOT Glitches?

Anyone have any thoughts on possible causes of having a glitch at only WOT and over 100 feet away? At our local parking lot 160x80 track I have no problems glitching, but as soon as I put the car down at larger area track 300x160? The car starts with the glitching at WOT. I can drive the car around to the farthest corners of the track with no glitching. These aren't extreme glitches either, but small steering and the throttle servos wanting to stay wide open. I am guessing that these are coming from noise created from the motor? Any advice or thoughts on the matter would greatly appreciated. Thanks, J Longbrake.
J_Longbrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 12:44 PM   #1617
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

I just put in an order for a 705 kit with a NovaMega Sx12 engine package. I wanted to stay legal so no turbo engines. Looking forward to building it..I got alum shock bodies and vented brake disc to put on it while initial build. (I have the alum shock bodies on my xray and love them) How much do you limit the breaking due to the one way in the front? I use a Futaba 3PJS. Anyone enjoy the article of the 705 in August 2003 RC nitro mag? I just got it last week. Also in X-treem RC review of the 705, they say the kit centax clutch shoes in the manual are the wrong direction...is this true? Wanted to make sure I knew everything before putting the kit together. Thanks.
John Fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 12:55 PM   #1618
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27

Quote:
Originally posted by Devin
I just put in an order for a 705 kit with a NovaMega Sx12 engine package. I wanted to stay legal so no turbo engines. Looking forward to building it..I got alum shock bodies and vented brake disc to put on it while initial build. (I have the alum shock bodies on my xray and love them) How much do you limit the breaking due to the one way in the front? I use a Futaba 3PJS. Anyone enjoy the article of the 705 in August 2003 RC nitro mag? I just got it last week. Also in X-treem RC review of the 705, they say the kit centax clutch shoes in the manual are the wrong direction...is this true? Wanted to make sure I knew everything before putting the kit together. Thanks.
Until I really got my downstops equally set on my 705 I had my breaks set to something around 13% ATV on my 3PJS - Now that I've got the rear-end suspension working well, I've set the ATV to 50% and I can break pretty hard and straight. But, on my track I only have to break into corners following a high speed straight, which is probably why, due to the velocity of the car, I can set a relatively high ATV.
I would think if I was on a slower circuit, I may have to lower the ATV otherwise the rear end would lock up.
I never break right upto the corner, I prefer to break a little way off, then roll through still carrying some speed.

Cheers, Mark.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 12:58 PM   #1619
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Something good on MYTSN

Just been browsing through some old articles on MYTSN and found the following three, which for a relative beginner, like me, seem pretty good:

http://www.mytsn.com/publ/publ.asp?pid=1985

http://www.mytsn.com/publ/publ.asp?pid=2157

http://www.mytsn.com/publ/publ.asp?pid=2178

Some nice simple explinations about car setup.

Cheers, Mark.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 01:13 PM   #1620
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Until I really got my downstops equally set on my 705 I had my breaks set to something around 13% ATV on my 3PJS - Now that I've got the rear-end suspension working well, I've set the ATV to 50% and I can break pretty hard and straight. But, on my track I only have to break into corners following a high speed straight, which is probably why, due to the velocity of the car, I can set a relatively high ATV.
I would think if I was on a slower circuit, I may have to lower the ATV otherwise the rear end would lock up.
I never break right upto the corner, I prefer to break a little way off, then roll through still carrying some speed.

Cheers, Mark.
Thanks, ever try it with the ABS feature on?
John Fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote