R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-05-2005, 02:59 AM   #46
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMGRacer
Update on Sirios customer performance. Neither Italy or the Oz importer has returned my emails for over a week. Seems like they are not interested in helping me, or the other 3 guys I know of in the same situation. Today is almost exactly 7 months since I sent away my crank.

I fail to understand how they can let this go on for so long.

Hello AMGRacer,
Finally my crank broke last Saturday, while practising for the Sunday race. The engine had consumed 14lt by that time and at 12lt was repaired (conrod, pin, front and rear bearings). I can't say that broke because of the known bug, because it had worked a lot before breaking. But I believe that since there is a bug there, it was simply weaker than a normal crank, therefore broke. Of course now, it needs again new bearings, conrod, pin and a new crank to have it repaired.
Hopefully, I borrowed an engine from a friend and I ran the race, in which I finished second.
Regards,
etgdpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 04:05 AM   #47
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riketsu
If I aint mistaking, Palmaris doesnt work BRB combo for Picco based engines (they might). If they do, then its not up on their website. They only make rods for the ZX12. Racers at my track have been using their rod successfully without any breakage.
For ZX12, palmaris only make the conrod.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:54 AM   #48
jag
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitracer
For ZX12, palmaris only make the conrod.
Sorry... my bad. I thought they were making the whole set.

I will be getting one of those rods.
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 08:39 AM   #49
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rcfoolz

I personaly don't like the zx12. had 2 of them. both had air-leak issues and even after putting novarossi carbs on, had issues. rich bogging and leans out after 2 min of run. Fast though,...if you could keep them running. Blew a lot of plugs. Even had Serpent drivers try to tune it. Gave up on them.

I had the NS12s3a1....good motor. fast but liked to be geared for more revs...

MS Nova Max 12 S3....Love this motor. More power than needed, loves to rev and easy to tune. Would buy this one again

Novarossi RR12L3.... I seem to be the only one that liked this one. As one person said "the car was like a sidewinder missle, if he ever got the car to hook up, we'd all be in trouble" (my car that weekend had a bent chassis) but loved the engine. I seem to pull everybody out of the corners and temps around 245. I have 8 gallons of fuel through it and been through 4 rods, now the crank is worne out..... but still have good pinch/compression

Novarossi NS12S3.....Like the engine, around 1 gallon through it now, love the temps...200 (during break in, 240) makes runtime and looking forward to a new pipe combination to see about getting more top end.

Sirio.........had em all.....hated em all......broken rods. cranks, ect.....
Old 12-05-2005, 11:28 AM   #50
Tech Addict

Thanks for the onfo Scott
rosecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 02:36 PM   #51
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by etgdpu
Hello AMGRacer,
Finally my crank broke last Saturday, while practising for the Sunday race. The engine had consumed 14lt by that time and at 12lt was repaired (conrod, pin, front and rear bearings). I can't say that broke because of the known bug, because it had worked a lot before breaking. But I believe that since there is a bug there, it was simply weaker than a normal crank, therefore broke. Of course now, it needs again new bearings, conrod, pin and a new crank to have it repaired.
Hopefully, I borrowed an engine from a friend and I ran the race, in which I finished second.
Regards,
Sorry to hear it my friend. I actually think the motors are fast and easy to tune so it is a shame that they suffer from this.

I would have been far less annoyed with Sirio if they would just fix the defects without argument and huge delay.

I have a RB (old one X12) that lasted me 28 litres on original crank and bearings and liner!! Had quite a few rods however. In fact it still is surving.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote