R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-29-2005, 12:09 AM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

hotmod engines are available at nitrohouse. www.nitrohouse.com

They usually have the N12LL3 hotmod.

If they can't help you, you can go directly to the source and find out where to get the engines from

www.fusionmotorsports.com
Old 11-29-2005, 01:43 AM   #32
Tech Adept

Hello again,
Since I did not need any kind of special customer service yet, I would say that the customer service is OK. The only thing that was strange is that for a long period there were no Sirio glow plugs and we had to use any other compatible like Novarossi.
etgdpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 01:48 AM   #33
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by etgdpu
Hello again,
Since I did not need any kind of special customer service yet, I would say that the customer service is OK. The only thing that was strange is that for a long period there were no Sirio glow plugs and we had to use any other compatible like Novarossi.
Thats good news, glad to hear that it seems mayby only Australia has poor service.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 04:39 AM   #34
Tech Elite

I forgot to mention the other excellent customer service that I received. I purchased a BRB piston and liner set from the Palmaris Australian dealer. After installing it it was very tight and during the run in phase it became so badly jammed that the piston was damaged when I tried to remove it. The Australian dealer took the damaged engine, replaced the damaged set for me, reinstalled the set and ran it in for me. He did this all in two weeks. I must say that this was exceptional service and I must commend Tommy and Ed for looking after their customers.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:30 AM   #35
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via ICQ to Lassis

mtx-3 with engine mega zx12? it is good?
I bought one zx12 race but I do not know if it is good...
- Champion World Series 1:10 Sedan 2008 and 2009
- Champion Winternats and Spring Series 2008 1:10 Sedan
- World Champion 1:10 Sedan 2007 and Winter Series 2007 1:10
Lassis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 12:04 PM   #36
Tech Initiate

Default 12 engines

I will thanks for all information about engines, it vas a lot of varying
comments.
The only i missing, it will be some comments about the Mega zx12 race
and the collari SX 200 because i have them myself and it would be nice to
see what other people likes them.

Tanks again THOMAS
GIDDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 12:08 PM   #37
Tech Elite

If you have those engines, share your experiences with us. I have no knowledge at all with the collari. The mega engine (I don't have one) seems to be very very fast. Probably one of the fastest stock 12 engines available. It also seems to very tempermental and has had (I don't know if they corrected this problem) a history of bad con rods. If you get one to run properly, they are very fast. The other issues with the engine have caused me to steer away from one despite the horsepower. I have been considering trying one anyway, but have not as of yet.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:48 PM   #38
Tech Elite

Update on Sirios customer performance. Neither Italy or the Oz importer has returned my emails for over a week. Seems like they are not interested in helping me, or the other 3 guys I know of in the same situation. Today is almost exactly 7 months since I sent away my crank.

I fail to understand how they can let this go on for so long.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:16 AM   #39
Tech Elite

Another good customer service experience just recently. I crashed my Pro 4 with 8x1 Hara revolution motor and the endbell bearing popped out, armature slammed forward and destroyed the brush tubes. Emailed Team Orion and they are taking care of it for me, even though it really is my "fault" in many ways for crashing in the first place.

Gotta say most of the RC industry is standing behind their products 100% which is making me very happy!!
Old 12-02-2005, 05:58 PM   #40
Tech Addict

ATTN: Scott Fischer
I am delivering cabinets to Vegas in late January or so. Is it the four aces club that races on-road there? Are you racing during that time? Wouldn't mind joining in, awful wet up here in Portland.

Larry
rosecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 06:24 PM   #41
jag
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rody
I've just replaced my N12LL3 and My RB V12 with an OS 12 TZ! The RB is a great engine for a small to medium track. I hated the N12LL3! The old Novas with the CNC piston are better IMO. It lost it's pinch too quickly and just didn't perform. I never thought i'd be saying this but the TZ kicks both their butts! Long and short tracks. It's a little beast, easy to tune, durable, and a great engine all round!

p.s. rc-mushroom.com has the Novarossi NS12 3 port for $175. That is a deadset bargain. It has a CNC piston, not microcast crap!
I have an old stock NovaMega MS with a microcast piston that has been pinched once and it is one of the best engines I have ever had. It runs great, holds a tune, never flames out, very fast, etc... I don't a problem with the microcast pistons.

jag
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 07:19 PM   #42
jag
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIDDE
I will thanks for all information about engines, it vas a lot of varying
comments.
The only i missing, it will be some comments about the Mega zx12 race
and the collari SX 200 because i have them myself and it would be nice to
see what other people likes them.

Tanks again THOMAS
I currently have a ZX12 in my car and it is very fast. I have only had it out 1 time after I broke it in on a bench and ran 5 tanks thru it so it is a little early to comment but I was on the track with a Kyosho RRR with a Collari and my car was as fast or faster. Granted, tuning has a lot to do with it and I was just trying to get some gas thru the engine, not fine tune it. I did put an RB carb on my ZX12 because I wanted to see if there was a difference. I do think the Novarossi based carbs are a little better. The tuning seemed a little more consistant, the idle was better and it has never stalled. So far I am impressed with this engine/carb setup.

I plan to get a Palmaris BRB sleeve/piston/rod combo for it. I have heard that their rod is stronger and many of my friends have had great results with the Palmaris parts. I would recommend using at least the rod if you plan to race the ZX12.

With all that said, the guy who has won the last 2 club races here uses a Collari in a Kyosho FW-05R. I think I'm going to have something for him next time.

Oh yeah, one other thing to consider is the clutch. If you don't set your clutch up right the engine will not perform. Make sure the clutch is right... very important.
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 07:58 PM   #43
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
I currently have a ZX12 in my car and it is very fast. I have only had it out 1 time after I broke it in on a bench and ran 5 tanks thru it so it is a little early to comment but I was on the track with a Kyosho RRR with a Collari and my car was as fast or faster. Granted, tuning has a lot to do with it and I was just trying to get some gas thru the engine, not fine tune it. I did put an RB carb on my ZX12 because I wanted to see if there was a difference. I do think the Novarossi based carbs are a little better. The tuning seemed a little more consistant, the idle was better and it has never stalled. So far I am impressed with this engine/carb setup.

I plan to get a Palmaris BRB sleeve/piston/rod combo for it. I have heard that their rod is stronger and many of my friends have had great results with the Palmaris parts. I would recommend using at least the rod if you plan to race the ZX12.

With all that said, the guy who has won the last 2 club races here uses a Collari in a Kyosho FW-05R. I think I'm going to have something for him next time.

Oh yeah, one other thing to consider is the clutch. If you don't set your clutch up right the engine will not perform. Make sure the clutch is right... very important.
If I aint mistaking, Palmaris doesnt work BRB combo for Picco based engines (they might). If they do, then its not up on their website. They only make rods for the ZX12. Racers at my track have been using their rod successfully without any breakage.
Riketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 04:31 PM   #44
Tech Initiate

Default 12 engines

Someone who know something about the Max power 12 S3 modified,
RC-mushroom get them, but will know something about this engine before i buy it, because itīs more money to buy this and for example a Nova rossi or
Mega zx12 race.
Do i get some more "POWER" for that money?
GIDDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 12:35 AM   #45
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosecity
ATTN: Scott Fischer
I am delivering cabinets to Vegas in late January or so. Is it the four aces club that races on-road there? Are you racing during that time? Wouldn't mind joining in, awful wet up here in Portland.

Larry

Yes, 4 aces races on road here. Jan 19-22nd is the Winter Wind up. I just got back from the toys for tots at Crystal Park, and it looks like this will be a pretty good race.

www.4acesracing.net