R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-11-2003, 11:18 AM   #31
Tech Adept

Send a message via Yahoo to caesari

Quote:
Originally posted by mobil1rac
Caesari, What's up with you. Are you still getting the tyres for 48.00 or did you find them cheaper. I see you run over at revolutions where the nationals will be held this year. I plan on attending if everything works out. What type of gears are you running in the avance. And your tyre set-up if you don't mind to post it. I see you will be running this weekend( but then you guys over there run all year I believe) we just got another 4-6 inches of snow over this past weekend and so dam cold that if you go out to run if you even get close to a board the plastic pieces will snap. 20-30 degrees has been the average for the past month and a half.
mobil1rac,
How's it going?! What motor did you decide on or are you still running MS 7 port?

Sorry to say I sold my Avance but I know for sure that it found a good home

I'm racing alot of sedan these days, and having fun with that. I hope you make it to nationals, it would be cool to see another Avance kick butt out here. Sorry, I don't have my setup info anymore.

jwf-ronni,
I've heard that they actually developed a new Avance, but decided not to put it into production due to the perception that the 235 class is going away. Back before the mtx3 came out, people were speculating whether or not the new car was 200mm or 235mm and obviously it was the mtx3. So I don't see another Avance happening. I think Picco also discontinued their 235 car so that leaves Serpent and STS.
caesari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 11:50 AM   #32
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by caesari

jwf-ronni,
I've heard that they actually developed a new Avance, but decided not to put it into production due to the perception that the 235 class is going away. Back before the mtx3 came out, people were speculating whether or not the new car was 200mm or 235mm and obviously it was the mtx3. So I don't see another Avance happening. I think Picco also discontinued their 235 car so that leaves Serpent and STS.
Hhmmm... I see.

Well at least that means we have the latest
Avance

It is too bad that the 235mm class seem to be a dying one (at least at SoCal). But I wonder how its doing on the other states.?

I just hope that Mugen, despite their discontinuing production of the new kit, would still make parts readily available for people like us who still try to support the class.

Hopefully, a Kick A** driver would come out with an Avance and win the Nats with it. That should spark it all up again, huh? We do have some awesome local Mugen Drivers like Tim, Pepe, Chris who should have some good advantage since the Nats is going to be in our local track...

Speaking of motor, who do you guys think makes the best .15 motors? Now a days, looks like the Novarossi JP & Picco
(in my opinion), has the .21s and the RB Rody & Richey Motors have the .12s... Who makes good .15s?
Old 02-11-2003, 04:59 PM   #33
Tech Elite

Quote:
Caesari, What's up with you. Are you still getting the tyres for 48.00 or did you find them cheaper.
Mobil1rac,

Can you hook me up with some tires for the Avance?
Found some from Nitro House but man they cost the same
as the 1/8th scale tires...

Whats up with that

I found some too from our LHS which are lower in price but
they are made for the Picco Integra which means I have to shave
off some parts of it.

Please let me know or PM me, thanks!
Old 02-11-2003, 05:13 PM   #34
Tech Apprentice

Yes I am still running the ms. I plan on buying 1 or 2 different motors and sending them out to have work done on them. The motor guy I have said there is so much more power to get out of these things, I am sending a couple of .12's out very very soon to get dyno tested, then worked, then dyno tested again. Sorry to hear that you sold your car though. The track, in your opinion what is the size and perferred gearing for it (just an idea).Also does the track have low,med,or high traction and is that just in the grove(like last year in OHIO) or is it all over the driving surface.

As for my tyres and parts I get them from a local dealer in MD. I have seen a few other places that carry parts only for the Avance (nitro House for one. As for tyres I run the Arrow tyres they have all the compounds front and rear that you can think of.No worry about rims breaking like their 200mm tyres (JUNK). If you need the name I will e-mail it to you, let me know.
mobil1rac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 05:48 PM   #35
Tech Elite

Quote:
As for tyres I run the Arrow tyres they have all the compounds front and rear that you can think of.No worry about rims breaking like their 200mm tyres (JUNK). If you need the name I will e-mail it to you, let me know.
Mobil1rac,

Just sent you a PM on the Avance Tires..

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it
Old 02-11-2003, 05:59 PM   #36
Tech Elite

Quote:
The track, in your opinion what is the size and perferred gearing for it (just an idea).Also does the track have low,med,or high traction
The track, I'd say is normally about medium to high traction. They have just started and is presently working on the track at the moment and so that is not case right now but it should start getting better and better in a month to a month and a half. After which, we are hoping to have even better traction and likewise bring the tire wear down.

Sorry couldn't not give you suggestions on gearing yet since I am still in the process of running the car at the track but will let you know asap.

As for the size and layout, click on this webpage so to give an idea of it : www.revrace.com

Hope this helps,
Old 02-14-2003, 06:40 AM   #37
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by fReShJiVe
ok for the guys that PM me for the pic...here you go

only thing missing are the front/rear shock and towers.....2nd gear s stripped....engine has been used for 1 season....and also 1 front left dogbone is missing...included 1 pair brand new rear tires all for $135shipped....let me know
anyone interested to use for spares....$120shipped
fReShJiVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 09:15 AM   #38
Tech Elite

Quote:
anyone interested to use for spares....$120shipped
Am interested.

Please send some pictures and the list of items offered.

Thanks,
Old 02-14-2003, 05:44 PM   #39
Tech Regular

jwf-ronni - there's a pic on page 1.....pm me your email add for more pics
fReShJiVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 07:43 PM   #40
Tech Elite

Quote:
jwf-ronni - there's a pic on page 1.....pm me your email add for more pics
Freshjive,

You've got PM
Old 02-16-2003, 03:27 PM   #41
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Can anyone share some info on where to get tires for the avance,i"m in texas and would like to get some tires by mail order or the number to a hobby shop?Thanks..........A freind of mine that runs the car uses serpent tires and cuts a notch inside the wheel to make them fit .i would really like not to go this route?Thanks
rcmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 08:29 PM   #42
Tech Elite

Default Gearing

What gearing do you Avance owners use?

I have a 47/43 spurs and 17/21 pinions on right now and the car seem to be undergeared, especially on the top end..

Any help will be appreciated..
Old 02-16-2003, 08:31 PM   #43
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by rcmike
Can anyone share some info on where to get tires for the avance,i"m in texas and would like to get some tires by mail order or the number to a hobby shop?Thanks..........A freind of mine that runs the car uses serpent tires and cuts a notch inside the wheel to make them fit .i would really like not to go this route?Thanks
rcmike,

Check out Nitro House at www.nitrohouse.com ...

Or call them direct at (800) 9280304.

Look for Ron, they have Foam Tires specifically for the Avance..
Old 02-18-2003, 05:06 PM   #44
Tech Apprentice

JWF-RONNI you have a pm from me did you get it??
Old 02-18-2003, 05:16 PM   #45
Tech Apprentice

Well guys looking for tires for the mugen AVANCE 235mm. I get my tires from Doug's Hobby in Md. The telephone is 301-843-7774 or 301-932-9405 or even 1-888-dougsrc. The average price is $48.00 for 1 set of fronts and 1 set of rears. These are the Arrow multiring tires that seem to last for ever. They fit perfectly on the car no modding needed like other brands and they can get you whatever compound you need. Talk with either Eric or Bill, or Donnell just make sure they know that it is for the AVANCE and that the tires for the picco integra do not fit. Hope this helps you guys in trying to locate tires.