R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-10-2003, 09:58 AM   #16
Tech Adept

Send a message via Yahoo to caesari

Quote:
Originally posted by jwf-ronni
Hi guys,

Just got a Avance about a month ago and just starting to get used to running it. I was wanting to browse the sites that you have mentioned below but was asking me a User Name & Password.... What do I use?

Also, about the "Mugen Conference Site", how and where can I view that site?

Thanks and any help would certainly be much appreciated.
jwf-ronni,
Ron is that you?
You need to create a user and password of your own. Go to
http://www.rc-racing.com/cgi-bin/backtalk and click on Create New Account. Once you have an account you can goto those links.

The first link is the "older" mugen conference. Alot of the original post regarding the Avance is in there. The second link is the current mugen conference which has alot of more recent posts including Avance MRX and MTX
See you at the races! Caesar...
caesari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 11:53 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo

I have been meaning to get this car and after seeing people actually run it at Revelation, I think I wiill get one. Where can I get the car? What should I expect to pay for it? $329?

Thanks
Peter
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 03:32 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Hi Peter,

Yes, the kit cost about $329. In fact, Ultimate Hobbies sells them for exactly that price. If your racing at Revalation, maybe we can run together after you get the kit. I just got mine not too long ago and will start running it this week and hopefully get a better feel of the car.

So if you see an Asian Guy with a Black Apron running an Avance, that would be me! How often are you at that track and what do you usually run?

See ya,
Old 02-10-2003, 03:39 PM   #19
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10

Quote:
Hi guys,

Just got a Avance about a month ago and just starting to get used to running it. I was wanting to browse the sites that you have mentioned below but was asking me a User Name & Password.... What do I use?

Also, about the "Mugen Conference Site", how and where can I view that site?

Thanks and any help would certainly be much appreciated.
Hey Ron is that u? this is ah10 with the marlboro mtx3 and a FG 5th scale! welcome to the forum!
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 03:42 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Ceasar,

Yes its me RON... If you are the fast guy with MTX3 and the MRX3 running at Revalation, then this is certainly a small world we live in.

Question: What are the specification(s) or guidelines that you need to follow when running the 1/10 open class and keeping ROAR legal?

- Can you run a turbo motor?
- Is there number of ports that you can only have on a motor?

Dont know if I have mentioned trying to run the car in the upcoming Nats and would like to know what I can and cant do/have..

Thanks man!
Old 02-10-2003, 03:53 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Ah10,

Yes sir its me... Thanks for the "welcome". Just joined in a few days ago and I must say, I have already learned some things already from the forum that can help me on my car...

Man was your MTX3 was flying out there at Crystal Park last Saturday or what! The way you drive, you should come out and race with us sometime... It should be a lot of fun!!!

When are coming out again? It should be Revalation for us this weekend. I actually should be there as early as tomorrow since I am on vacation..hehehe

By the way, when are you going 1/8th scale again?

See you out there man and stay cool,
Old 02-10-2003, 04:01 PM   #22
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10

Quote:
Ah10,

Yes sir its me... Thanks for the "welcome". Just joined in a few days ago and I must say, I have already learned some things already from the forum that can help me on my car...

Man was your MTX3 was flying out there at Crystal Park last Saturday or what! The way you drive, you should come out and race with us sometime... It should be a lot of fun!!!

When are coming out again? It should be Revalation for us this weekend. I actually should be there as early as tomorrow since I am on vacation..hehehe

By the way, when are you going 1/8th scale again?

See you out there man and stay cool,
he he thanks! yes we are going to revelation this coming saturday then KZ the following Monday!

Yeah u are right I should join the races, everyone I know asks me the same question! the only problem that i have is if I go RCing 2 days in a row, my wife probably will divorce me!

So I chose to run on saturday so I can run as much as I could, sniff enough nitro fuel! he he! but one of these day I will come race with you guys! I have got a modified 3 port ready for your guys! this one is not as fast on the top end but bottom and mid is about the same as the S5! he he watch out!
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 04:09 PM   #23
Tech Adept

Ron,
Yep that's me, but I don't know about the fast part
Sorry don't know for sure. If no one here knows, you can try starting grid, alot of ROAR guys hang out there. At the club level, open is truely open, but don't know what class they will have at Nationals.

Can't wait to see some 16's or 15's with your Avance. See ya at the track.
Old 02-10-2003, 04:30 PM   #24
Tech Elite

I run a MTX-3 and play with my MRX-3 with a Picco XP that I think YOU help tuned for me. Yeah, so hopefully I will get this kit and start racing you guys. Someone bring thier car out to Revelation Saturday because I would love to check out the carup close and personal.Wow, I didn't know Ron and Ceasar were on this forum. Who else is on? What's up guys!

Peter
Old 02-10-2003, 04:40 PM   #25
Tech Adept

Hey Peter,
Nice win yesterday You're looking good out there. When's the next time you bringing out the mrx3?
Old 02-10-2003, 04:49 PM   #26
Tech Elite

I don't know. I love running it cause it helps me learn how to drive better but I look like a fool out there with it. When are you bringing your MRX-3 out. I have never seen you run it. If you want, we can meet up and just run the MRX-3's. Unfortunately, I can only run one car at a time seeing I only have one receiver. I am still waiting for the new 301 receivers from KO to come out. Thanks for the complement. I got some beef from a driver though. I didn't get to confront him. I'll be on your tail next race.
Old 02-10-2003, 06:24 PM   #27
Tech Apprentice

Caesari, What's up with you. Are you still getting the tyres for 48.00 or did you find them cheaper. I see you run over at revolutions where the nationals will be held this year. I plan on attending if everything works out. What type of gears are you running in the avance. And your tyre set-up if you don't mind to post it. I see you will be running this weekend( but then you guys over there run all year I believe) we just got another 4-6 inches of snow over this past weekend and so dam cold that if you go out to run if you even get close to a board the plastic pieces will snap. 20-30 degrees has been the average for the past month and a half.
mobil1rac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 07:29 PM   #28
Tech Elite

Mobil1rac,

Where do you get your tires and parts from. So far, thats the one source I need to find for this car...

Thanks,
Old 02-10-2003, 08:57 PM   #29
Tech Elite

People tell me Ace Hobbies and Nitro House for parts. I don't know where to get tires. Donuts are preety easy to find but who wants to go through the hassle of mounting them and cleaning the wheels?
Old 02-11-2003, 10:54 AM   #30
Tech Elite

Hey guys,

Have you heard anything about the talks that Mugen is or isn't coming out with a newer Avance K2X?

People actuall tried to discourage me when I was buying the car because since, its been out in the market for so long, Mugen (they say) is bound to come out with a newer version soon.? Especially after they have proven their World Championship Quality with MRX3 and the MTX3 seem like its doing very good too.

I actually think that they need to, more so now that serpent is out with the new 835... Hhmmm