Wiki Posts
Search

New Onroad Car

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 12:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default New Onroad Car

Hi,

I have been running my Kyosho for a while now and it just dosen't cut it in racing. I'm going to Japan and have already organised to buy a new Mugen MTX-4. But when I return to Aust. I need to buy a competitive racing engine, such as an 0.S or Novarossi. I also need a Radio System, so which servos are the best? Everyone seems to use a starter box so I need one of them to. Are there any other products you think I might need to get?

Thanking you in advance

theBUZZ
Old 11-26-2005, 02:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by theBUZZ
Hi,

I have been running my Kyosho for a while now and it just dosen't cut it in racing. I'm going to Japan and have already organised to buy a new Mugen MTX-4. But when I return to Aust. I need to buy a competitive racing engine, such as an 0.S or Novarossi. I also need a Radio System, so which servos are the best? Everyone seems to use a starter box so I need one of them to. Are there any other products you think I might need to get?

Thanking you in advance

theBUZZ
Keep the RRR and spend the money on driving lessons.... If Atsushi Hara can win with an R40 i dont think the car you drive makes a difference

Old 11-26-2005, 03:14 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ziggy12345
Keep the RRR and spend the money on driving lessons.... If Atsushi Hara can win with an R40 i dont think the car you drive makes a difference

Good point!!!
Old 11-26-2005, 07:54 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theBUZZ
Hi,

Thanking you in advance

theBUZZ
JR/ Airtronics/ KO Propo are servos you should look into. Recommended servos: Airtronics 94358 Airtronics 94357
Old 11-26-2005, 04:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

The OS TZ engines are proving very popular and getting reviews from racers
As for a radio....I`d be looking at either the new Nomadio system (see thread) or something Spektrum based.....this will negate the need for crystals and if youre racing, makes it much easier when you dont have to wait for a free frequency tag on race days.
I use the Futaba S9451 servo`s and have found them to be very good
Cheers
Old 11-26-2005, 08:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

No, my kyosho ain't a RRR, it's an S I bought it to get into the hobby and (so far) have found it extremely enjoyable, which is why I wan't to get serious in racing.

I'll check out Specktrum Radio gear and probably get Futuba servos.

Thanks,

theBUZZ
Old 11-26-2005, 09:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

The set-up I have and love:

Mtx-4
Futaba 3PK (with DSM)
Futaba 9451 (steering and throttle)
Mugen X12 motor
Mazda 6 or Parma Alfa
Twister tires
Sportworks small blue starter box

I would get front CVD's for the MTX-4 and 4mm rear shock towers (http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=89535)

This is the one I bought and it is perfect and a very easy seller to deal with.

If you have any more question please ask.

Later,
Joe Maxey
Old 11-26-2005, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

The MTX4 is a very good car. For radios, most top of the line radios are quite good. If you have the opportunity, just pick them up and see which feels the most comfortable in your hands. They all have similar features. Servos are kinda the same thing. Ask 5 people get 5 different answers. All the major manufacturers (KO, Futaba, Airtronics, JR) make high speed, high torque, metal gear, ball bearing, coreless, digital and all combinations of servos. They are all breakable. I have used airtronics and have been very very very (did I say very?) happy. They are the only radios and pretty much the only servos I had ever used until the last few months. I am currently trying some Futaba 9451 servos for steering and one of them doesn't center as well as my airtronics analog servos. Everyone else who has them seems to thing they are great.

Engines are the same thing. Many people love the new OS TZ engines. They are definitely the most power for the money, but I have seen some that went away quickly. The novarossi based engines (Nova, Mugen etc) are more money, but are tried and proven. They make good power, are not hard to tune and have good durability. You pay extra to know you are getting quality. If you want to get a proven thing, get a Nova N12LS3 or a Mugen X12. If you buy quality equipment then your racing results land on your shoulders. Maintain you gear and practice and you should get the results you expect.

Last edited by Scott Fisher; 11-26-2005 at 11:21 PM.
Old 11-27-2005, 10:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ziggy12345

Based on his signature, he probably has a V-One S not the RRR.