Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Deciding between the Serpent or Kyosho

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2001, 09:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Deciding between the Serpent or Kyosho

I know its a personal perference but my racing friends are eveningly divided between the Serpent 2 Impulse or the Kyosho V one R.Just like to do a fast and hopefully unbias voting on which car you would recommend,I'm was also looking seriously at the soon to be release TC3 Nitro,all your help is appreciated.I need a car that is suitable for very tight turning tracks and short straights.
Old 10-17-2001, 10:04 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Deciding between the Serpent or Kyosho

Originally posted by daytona
I know its a personal perference but my racing friends are eveningly divided between the Serpent 2 Impulse or the Kyosho V one R.Just like to do a fast and hopefully unbias voting on which car you would recommend,I'm was also looking seriously at the soon to be release TC3 Nitro,all your help is appreciated.I need a car that is suitable for very tight turning tracks and short straights.
vote for V1 !
Old 10-17-2001, 10:40 AM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I would look more twards parts availibility. At most LHS's the N TC3 will have the best parts availibility. Kyosho can be ordered easily, but itsnt always stocked. Serpant parts can be few & hard to find, especially when you need it.

Go with what you can get parts for... or get 2
Old 10-17-2001, 12:50 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Deciding between the Serpent or Kyosho

Another vote for V One R!
Old 10-18-2001, 02:44 AM
Tech Regular

I would tend to agree with all the above posts..... i have a V One R myself but the point raised about parts availability is valid. I'm sure AMG Racer, Manticore and Mauler will agree that the fact kyosho sat back, took some design cues from other designs and that this vehicle contains graphite infused plastic and the layout design make the V One R a very strong proposition.....
Old 10-18-2001, 05:33 AM
Regional Moderator

Deciding between the Serpent or Kyosho
Not interested with Yokomo or Mugen??
Old 10-18-2001, 07:43 AM
Tech Elite

parts availability....very important!!!
Old 10-18-2001, 08:39 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

serpent = mega damage to your wallet and bank savings account!!
Old 10-18-2001, 08:49 AM
Tech Rookie

Talking Parts are easy to get here in my city

for the Serpent,its just a matter of which car is the easiest to tweak and least amount of money to maintain.
Old 10-18-2001, 07:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Angry Re: Parts are easy to get here in my city

Would you be pissed off when your LHS suddenly stops carrying parts for your r/c ? It is what's happening to me now.
The s.o.b supplier feels that it is not worth it anymore to have parts for TC3 since many ppl have currently switched to other brands. I feel left out. GOSH, that sucks big time.
Old 10-19-2001, 09:13 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Disaster999
Haha! I agree totally!! And if your're really getting an Impulse , a word of advice is that never get it with a mega... save some bucks to get a better engine...

Hey, Kyosho came out with the new RR version... not offically released yet but if you are willing to wait, I promise that it'll be worth the while!!
Old 10-19-2001, 08:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Talking

Originally posted by Disaster999
It Might Effect your wallet Some But You Will have a Smile On your Face When You in the Winners Circle and not in 4th-5th place. I have No Problem Gettin parts For Either of My 2 Impulses. I would look at where the Kyosho I coming In.when They Do race . I also understand From a Few used to be Kyosho Drivers parts are really hard to Find. As Far as the Mega motors i have 1 in a Car And it really Duz Great. It Keeps Up with the other cars and almost never tuned Compaired to my Mugen MT12 Engine In the Other Impulse. Both are Fast and dependable Engines Compaired to My RB concepts Which Is Very Finikey. the Choice is yours Both Are a large hit to the wallet. You Might also Want to look Mugens Way. they are the Only one Giving Serpent A run For the money at all the major Races and on a Local Level.
Old 10-19-2001, 08:59 PM
Tech Champion

getting into the winning circle is not all about the car, its the driver and the way how to setup the performance characteristic of the car.
Old 10-19-2001, 09:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

So true but if you Dont have a car to get you to the Front its still No use with all the setup and driving in the world
Old 10-19-2001, 09:52 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Snake_bit
So true but if you Dont have a car to get you to the Front its still No use with all the setup and driving in the world
right out of stock box, V1R and MTX2 could be a winning car. but the impluse needs tons of hop up to make the car competible.

Right here, the serpent dealer has all the best drivers but they can never win a race with the impluse.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.