R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-21-2005, 02:23 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default ntc3+ rtr problem

i am having a problem where the car will not respond to the remote. i checked all the batteries & they are not the problem. None of the electronics got wet either (i was running the car in a empty dry parking lot). I turn on the remote, then the car switch & nothing happens - it used to glitch so you could tell it was on. Now it does nothing like it is not getting any power. This same problem happened about a month ago & I took the receiver out to check the wires to see if maybe it was a kink & none of them were. i put everything in the case & tried again & it worked fine all of sudden. now i am haveing the same problem, yet nothing seems to work. i tried searching the tc3 thread, but this is the most retarded setup of a forum. the individual car makes should all have their own category with seperate sub categories to help aid in searching. please help
spaceman spiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 03:55 PM   #2
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Could be a couple of things. If you have a friend with a car you can borrow stuff from to try & eliminate the possible problems it will make it easier. This is the order I would use to eliminate possible causes. You said it isnt the battery so I will skip that as first step.
1st, plug your receiver battery directly into the receiver to bypass the switch. If it works your switch is dead.
2nd Try a new pair of crystals in the transmitter & reciever.
3rd Try a new receiver, you dont need to pull anything apart just unplug your servos from the one in the car & test the new one before doing a full instalation.
4th Try different servos, again dont install just plug into the receiver & see if they work. (unlikely this is the problem.)
5th Try a different transmitter.

Other than battery these things is all it could be. Good Luck
soc123_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 10:29 AM   #3
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceman spiff
i am having a problem where the car will not respond to the remote. i checked all the batteries & they are not the problem. None of the electronics got wet either (i was running the car in a empty dry parking lot). I turn on the remote, then the car switch & nothing happens - it used to glitch so you could tell it was on. Now it does nothing like it is not getting any power. This same problem happened about a month ago & I took the receiver out to check the wires to see if maybe it was a kink & none of them were. i put everything in the case & tried again & it worked fine all of sudden. now i am haveing the same problem, yet nothing seems to work. i tried searching the tc3 thread, but this is the most retarded setup of a forum. the individual car makes should all have their own category with seperate sub categories to help aid in searching. please help
ive seen this problem before. try getting a diffrent reciever battery tray. those things are cheesy and break easily.

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/Tekin/Sweep Racing/RSD/180 Raceway/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid/Sanwa
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 10:46 AM   #4
Tech Fanatic

I really think its the switch... Same thing happen to me and I took out the switch and pissed on it . I will never use a switch again... I usually make an adapter one end plugs in the receiver and the other into the battery. All I do is unplug and plug it to the battery.
Speed_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 10:21 AM   #5
Tech Rookie

thanks for the suggestions - i will try them out this weekend - my wife just had surgery on her wrist monday night (torn cartiledge) so i wont get a chance for a couple days
spaceman spiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 05:03 PM   #6
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to SavageSYNTH25

Pull all the plugs out of the receiver, and make sure the metal part is all the way down in the plug body. Sometimes, these may come loose. Other than that, check the switch and try using a 5 cell receiver pack.
SavageSYNTH25 is offline   Reply With Quote