R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-02-2002, 12:50 PM   #31

Send a message via AIM to bbntc3

Has'nt ROAR membership more than doubled in Ricks region since he took over? He must be doing something right.
bbntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 02:20 AM   #32
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Boomer Send a message via AIM to Boomer

The membership rise may be in SPITE of Rick.

I think that it may be more that we have had several Nats of some flavor in this region very recently (On-road 2001, Carpet 2002, etc.) which will up the membership in that region since more people come from that region.

There are also several tracks in the area that are requiring ROAR membership.
Old 11-03-2002, 02:56 AM   #33
rjl
Tech Fanatic

This is personal opinion but I don't think anyone who could be seen to take advantage of a position should be in that position.
rjl
rjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2002, 01:06 AM   #34
Tech Master

And that is the main reason why I think that Rick will win. They are talking the same plan, its just more people don't trust Ernie's intentions. Nobody really knows these guys, its just that more people know what Trinity has done before and what it continues to do today; make a load of cash.
Im2lazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2002, 08:00 AM   #35

The Trinity site has Ernie leading the race by over 50% of the vote. But, it is his site!
Old 11-04-2002, 08:15 PM   #36
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

so when Mike Reedy was president of ROAR years ago did everyone cry that he was changing the rules to suit Reedy and AE? No. Let's face it, ROAR needs a change from how it is running now and by electing T.Rex's lapdog nothing is going to change. Ernie will get my vote just because he's not part of the current administration.
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2002, 08:21 PM   #37
Tech Apprentice

Good point Matt,
And you just might be right on that, but I still would like my Prez. to be more involved in our sport, then just sitting by, and taking suggestions from the group. Also, I have not seen one post or comment about the Gas racing group. What will be done on our behalf?
Smitty
smittys800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2002, 11:41 PM   #38

Very good point Matt! Thats why I started the post ,we need to really hear both sides! From what I'm reading here Ernie needs some help, so Ernie followers speak up!!!
Old 11-05-2002, 02:44 AM   #39
Tech Master

what are the candidates proposing about the advances in nitro anyways? I've heard little. I hear mostly Ernie talking about the leaps in battery tech. I know he must be very interested in the way that the nitro segment will be going b/c he imports some of the hottest new engines, but as people say, what are their opinions on this ever changing subject?

I'm going to switch b/c of Mike's comment. I was really on the fence and I had only two differences between the two candidates. 1 Ernie's in the biz.
2. Rick is not.

But I think that the chance for the growth of technology spurred by a president like Ernie would help the manufacturers make a more marketable product that could also allow the outsider to want to join our ranks. I think Ernie has reason to benefit not only himself by increasing stuff for new guys that he will hopefully try to attract in new races, but these new guys will help the other manufacturers as well in the process.
I'm not old enough to know Reedy was the ROAR president ( or maybe I was too ignorant at the time)
Im2lazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 10:17 AM   #40
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

BBNTC3...What's up!!!

Wild Cherry and Matt have got it! The current regime has got to go. My vote is for Ernie. We need some fresh blood. This guy has a successful business and can let it run itself. He didn't need to be a part of ROAR until he decided to run, he doesnít race. He can devote more time to ROAR. This is what ROAR needs.

As with any candidacy there are several issues. I believe the electric issue has been more widespread with the huge advances in batteries and brushless technology. I am sure that Nitro is on his mind, but is not that big of an issue right now.
Let's all keep in mind that Ernie thru his name in the hat because he didn't want T-Rex to get another two years by default. Then Rick jumped in, or got pushed in by T-Rex. T-Rex knows that the way he ran things that he would get beat. So push a guy in that can win, and then have him run it the same.

As far as ROAR doubling in size in Region 12..It Cali.. That's were most the manufacturers are.. Itís were everything gets started. From my understanding it was to difficult to get any races at other tracks than Region 12. It was kind of the old school thing, you rub my back and I'll rub yours.

I could go on and on! Just my two cents.

Roar # 97292
Racer4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 12:15 PM   #41

Hey Tom!!! Glad to see you here! welcome! You guys planning on racing this weekend? As you can see here, Ernies not at the top of the list! But good try! BB
Old 11-05-2002, 01:10 PM   #42
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I don't know much about ernie. rick I see him
over at our local races. I'm glad that these two
are interested in the position and hope they put
as much effort into the position as running for it.
i just hope that somebody would update the qualifiing
format for the sedan nitro worlds. From my understanding to qualify for the ifmar worlds you have to race the nats.
wich isn't possible for a lot of poeple they should have
three major races during the year one in the west coast
the other in the midwest and the east coast. so that
more poeple can be involved at the higher level of racing.
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 02:43 PM   #43
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Can you say Cold!! To damn cold brother. I think we are done for the summer. Going up North for some indoor racing.

What about the new car I heard you are getting?

Ohh... what is your side on this controversy?
Racer4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 08:22 PM   #44

Tom it's suppose to be in the 60's saturday! Thats warm enough too race in ! Yea I'm building all new NTC3 with a new prototype chassis and alot of experimental pieces, me and some buds from VA. have came up with!. I also have purchased a serpent car so you OVRCCC guys can go ahead and rub it in now!!
I'm not really into the ROAR deal that much but do agree there must be changes in the system for it to grow, and I like most everyone else believe Erine is not a good choice for President!
I have spoke with Ernie a few times and my impression of him is Ernie is after Ernies best interest! Just my .02 worth!
Old 11-12-2002, 08:44 PM   #45
Tech Master

Default tire

why he discontiuned the trc mesh tires? and change it to a pisoffcraft tires they cameout with
dg8one is offline   Reply With Quote