R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-01-2002, 07:03 AM   #16

Send a message via AIM to bbntc3

OK guys, I see everyone seems to think the same here! Ernie has no business in the president seat!!!!!! Keep em coming!!!!
bbntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 07:18 AM   #17
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via ICQ to NTC3Dvr

Maybe I will Get My Rev-up magizine So I can Vote Seems Like Only a few People Have Got theirs maybe this is Some Censor Deal hehehehe Just Kidding My Vote Is For Rick Wilson Anyone that Has Done as Much as he has For his region I can Only Think He will Keep Up the Great Work and Try Harder For the Whole ROAR Org In General. I have a Thread on www.pararc.org (club site) With Comments and What Rick Has planned For ROAR And Hopes To Do For ROAR please Post your Comments Thanks again Mr Wilson For Your Concern to Keep ROAR alive and Growing and Not Being Worried about making Your Banking account Grow Like Some others Running For ROAR president.
NTC3Dvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 09:04 AM   #18
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Personally this is the way I see it. Rick Wilson is not only the Region 12 director but also a member of the Ex-com. So he's a member of the Ex-com, and running for re-election in Region 12, and running for president. He's also a good friend of TRex (T Rex Baldwin, the current ROAR president) from all accounts. To me something has to give. How can he handle holding down three offices at the same time. Also what happens to the system of checks and balances if he gets elected. Will he have two votes on the Ex-com. Probably not exactly but he'll have to appoint someone to take over his position in the Ex-com. Just seems kind of fishy to me that a guy whos on the ex-com would want to be president and a regional director as well. BTW a Ex-com member has the same power as the president in deciding rule changes etc.

I don't see the conflict of interest with Ernie / Trinity. What is in the racers best interest, is what is in the manufacturers best interest. The attitude of the racers being on one side and the manufacturers on the other is a large part of the problem inside ROAR. The president doesn't have the power to make rules on his own. Ernie will have to work with the VP and the members of the EX-com.

Rite now ROAR is useless to me I don't typically race in the regionals because of travel and I don't go to the nationals. I would like ROAR to become what it was 18 years ago when I started racing. In order for that to happen something is going to have to change. Electing a member of the current administration isn't going to make anything change in my mind so I voted for the Big E.

theRed5 & Boomer - Just a point of clarification, Your in region 12, and Rick Wilson is the director of Region 12 not Region 10. Region 10 is Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, and Wyoming.

I don't see a problem with Trinity not allowing Rick to campain on thier site. If I were running I wouldn't allow my opponent to use my web site. Also the fact that Ernie isn't a racer doesn't bother me. He has far more at stake when it comes to the health of the hobby. His livelyhood depends on it. He also has the time and resources to do the job without worrying about getting paid.

Last edited by MystRacing; 11-01-2002 at 09:11 AM.
MystRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 09:16 AM   #19
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Rick Wilson will get my vote...
We need a president that's a racer to watchout for other racers.
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 09:20 AM   #20
Tech Legend

I am supporting the Big E....

Rick & all the old school boys from the T-rex camp have done nothing for Roar over the years ...

We need changes so our sport can grow into what is possible

Roar needs a guy like Ernie....

Before you believe claims that the Big E deletes guys like Rick from Tech Talk , remember Ernie was banned from that other board first...( The one that claims to be the official Roar B.B.)

Yeah , If you vote for Rick , its just like voting for the T-Rex....

More , of the same -o- same -o-....

Nothing but excusses, & nothing for Roar racing....

Vote for the Big E, he`s is our best chance to improve the sport...

Wild Cherry Roar #80608

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 11-01-2002 at 09:24 AM.
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 09:27 AM   #21
Tech Initiate

Boomer - If you haven't gotten your REV-UP you probably won't. They were mailed first class this time. I got mine nearly two weeks ago. There are several options you can use to vote. You can e-mail the ROAR Administrator (Fred Howart) and he'll take care of you. You could go to the DialedRC web site, the ballot is on-line there, or you can simply write your Name, ROAR #, Expiration Date, and who you want to vote for on a plain peace of paper and mail it in, it says votes will be accepted that way in the REV-UP. If you need more information feel free to e-mail me and I'll get it to you. The most important thing is that people actually vote.
Old 11-01-2002, 09:41 AM   #22
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Boomer Send a message via AIM to Boomer

Quote:
What is in the racers best interest, is what is in the manufacturers best interest
Had you said it the other way around: - The Manufacturer's best interests are, really, what are the racers' best interests - I would have agreed with you.

However, the manufacturer's best interests are right now to build big monster trucks and micros and neither of those are in my best interests (I don't like monster trucks or micros, although I do enjoy running OVER micros. . . ).

The best interests of manufacturers is to make money. This is not necessarily to the best interests of the racers, MOST OF WHOM are NOT ROAR members.

What would be in the best interest of ROAR Members? My top three.

1-gain membership. We actually have a smaller membership than other blocks of IFMAR.

2-gain (or re-gain) legitimacy. Did you realize that ROAR lost nearly every single Canadian track because of poor dealings?

3-actually take input from RACERS, not the Manu's and not the Tracks (as much). Several classes are in danger of being cancelled and have been cancelled without any votes without any input from the racing body at large. Changes have been made without any input from the racing body at large.

I don't particularly like either. I explained much of that in my initial post. I like Ernie less and, although his being a Manu is the primary reason (absolutely conflict of interest) there is more - look at the people he has hired to drive for him. Look at what they do at the tracks they race at. Look at how they leave their hotels and their pits and the way they treat the host track.

I think ROAR has problems and bringing in a Manufacturer/Owner to fix things according to the Manufacturer's needs (see his statement) isn't the way to go.
Old 11-01-2002, 09:53 AM   #23
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via ICQ to NTC3Dvr

I wonder If Ernie Gets Elected If He will Become A member Of ROAR ? And Set His Business Differances Apart From ROAR differances Not To Profit From Him Holding Many Of the Major
Dist. He has Exclusive To Trinity So when He & the Ex-Com Board
Vote On Something His Products Will Be What We Have to Use To Become Legal To Run In ROAR Races. Then Inturn Fills His Wallet a Little more then he has In the Recent years Driving the Prices Up What We Might Use Now Cuz Trinity Is the Only place That Can Buy them. Kinda a Catch 22. If he Is so Worried About the Racers Why Dont He Lower His Prices to meet Some of the other manf. I am Not wanting to Get into A price matching Despute But I only See What I see. This Is a Major Reason I do not Run Electric Classes. Which Ernie Pushes So well And Not to mention Even 1 hint Of Gas (nitro) Racers. I guess If I didnt have any major Holdings In a Class i wouldnt Push it Either.
Another 2Cents
NTC3Dvr
NTC3Dvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 10:27 AM   #24
Tech Initiate

Boomer - You have a perspectice I don't. I've never met any of the Trinity drivers. Other than Matt Francis back when he was an Associated driver.

We don't really disagree on much. I stand corrected, you said what I meant about the manufacturers interests, and I absolutely agree about the monster trucks etc.

I also am not that fond of either candidate. Rick is part of the current establishment in my eyes, so regardless of what he says I feel like nothing will change with him as president. I'm concerned, that Ernie isn't concerned about anything below the regional level.

The number one problem I see with ROAR is they are totally inactive below the regional level. Both candidates seem to have about the same response to questions about a national ranking system and lower level races, which is what I think ROAR needs to grow in the North America.

If Ernie drives it into the ground or Rick keeps things the same I don't really see a difference. With either of those scenarios the majority of racers still wont be ROAR members and still wont be effected by it.

I just feel like something has to change. I don't think Ernie is dumb enough to try to mandate the use of trinity products at ROAR races. That would pretty much reduce ROAR to non-existent.

I'm hoping it goes the opposite direction but it has to start at the club level if it's going to succeed and neither candidate has really addressed club level issues in my eyes.
Old 11-01-2002, 10:44 AM   #25
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Boomer Send a message via AIM to Boomer

You're right, Myst, we actually agree.

We just have a slightly different "weighting" so you come out for Ernie and I come out for Rick but neither of us is enthusiastic about it.

You're right that they aren't active in the club scene. I'm IN Reg 12 and we haven't had any Regional or even seen or heard from our Reg director (which is a bad thing for Rick). If I were the Reg Director my priority would be to visit as many tracks as possible and to make sure that Regional events were actually happening.

BTW, Rick can't hold both positions, can he? That wouldn't make sense. ROAR would have to run a Reg 12 election if he were the pres, right?
Old 11-01-2002, 10:55 AM   #26
Tech Initiate

I don't really know if Rick can hold both or all three positions or not. I would assume he can't but I haven't requested a set of the by laws too see. If I was in your region I would be concerned that Rick will be able to simply appoint someone he wants to the regional director position if he can't fill both legally. For others out there I'm not bad mouthing Rick, I don't know him and think anyone who fills one of these voluntary positions is probably a pretty good guy. It's just human nature to appoint someone with similar views to fill a position below yours.

We have had the same problem with the regional director in region 10. In his last term I was told that he attended one race away from his home track. Fortunately I'm pretty confident that our new regional director will be Charlie Perez and I think he's been at every major race in the region in the last couple years, so I'm excited about what he can do for this region. He lives 250 miles from our rinky dink track and raced here three times over the summer.
Old 11-01-2002, 10:30 PM   #27
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Im2lazy
I think he would be good for ROAR if he was not part of trinity. His tie with trinity may lead to odd questions if he were the prez. He would help comercialize racing and make it bigger here, which would mean that companies would be able to produce even more racing vehicles, but I think that his tie with Trinity might make it hard, b/c there is a likelyhood that he will look into what trinity's future is rather than just the future of racing. This might not be true, but I am worried about the prospect.

Richard Saxton (the king) all the way
Good point. He dose bring in some great points that need to be put in to place but not by him. To many bad dealing and some underhanded deal too. To much of a black cloud over his head.

But The big E dose have the right idea. Now if Joel would run i would vote for him.
Old 11-01-2002, 10:43 PM   #28
Tech Apprentice

I only hope that they really do the job that needs to be done. No matter who runs, they are never going to please everbody, the only thing that really bothers me about Ernie, is his ties with Trinity. It is just to easy to manipulate things into their favor.
Smitty
smittys800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 04:52 AM   #29
Tech Master

From what I am hearing, this is really a toss-up. People want change, but don't know what kind of change will happen in the future. I have to agree with Taz that I believe an ex-racer or a racer getting over the hill (no offense to them; but they happen to burn out, not lose skill ). These are the guys who know what some people want. Especially someone like Joel Johnson whose job is now to watch over the Trinity website. He can see the trend that the hobby is going in using the sites BB and see which directions this hobby wants and/or needs to go in. I have not seen signs that the other candidates are in a position like that (course Rick got stopped in the Trinity forum for trying to get votes, showing positive incentive that he might care , we don't know this, though.) Plus I feel that people would be more open to him as many know him, while few know the heads of their own region.
Someone like this might not be the best for a ROAR president, but they would seem to be the best bet.
Im2lazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 06:47 AM   #30
Tech Addict

Well, most of us agree that ROAR needs a definet change, but unsure which candidate will be the best choice. I see it like this: I have never met either one of the guys, both talk a good show on the web, and both SEEM to really want to change things. The questions is, "Which one is the lesser of 2 evils?".

I based my decision like this. I don't think Ernie's connection to Trinity is a good thing for a Pres. There's entirely too much opportunity to try to "influence" things to benefit your company. Also, I don't like the way he censors his site. I realize it's his site, but if you aren't man enough to take a little critisism about your product, then you aren't man enough to keep an open mind about issues that might not be favorable to your company. Finally, I met 2 of his drivers at a regional event not to long ago. In my opinion they were rude and had the "I'm a trinity sponsored driver, so I'm better than everyone here" attitude. It kinda reminded me of the way Ernie runs his company. I don't need attitude when I ask a question, I need an answer to my question. That's probably why I don't buy Trinity products either.

Just my $0.02.
tekrsq is offline   Reply With Quote